What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lets me reasonable here. Look at liu (without the meter) and ask yourself does liu have good defensive options when he is being pressured.

If they want mb flying bicycle kick on block to be neutral thn he MUST get a faster d1 for an even trade.
What is wrong with his 6 frame mid?

Actually it doesn't low profe I guess

What is the start up of his d1 and d3?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He definitely has a 7 frame high if that's what you mean.
He's got a 6f high.

Lets me reasonable here. Look at liu (without the meter) and ask yourself does liu have good defensive options when he is being pressured.

If they want mb flying bicycle kick on block to be neutral thn he MUST get a faster d1 for an even trade.
Lao has relatively slow pokes as well, just because you lose 1 thing doesn't mean you should gain another.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
He's got a 6f high.

Lao has relatively slow pokes as well, just because you lose 1 thing doesn't mean you should gain another.
6-7 what's the difference?

None of it will change likely. Foxy, real talk. After 3-0 over xakabarakaobama, why did that seem so lopsided? What did he not do?

IrishMantis

None of it will change likely. Foxy, real talk. After 3-0 over xakabarakaobama, why did that seem so lopsided? What did he not do?
Man in high level play a frame faster is a huge difference cmon now

Do you know how good JC be if his s1 was 7 frames?

I played like a moron probably why . but Kung Lao beats liu kang and he's better player than me in general on top of that , and we do play each other like every other day he knows how to fight vs dragon fire better than anyone

Lone

KHAOTIC
had to witness some badass kang pressure yesterday vs @xarakamaka

make the mb move 0 on block and let takeda finally poke out

First off all, you and Xara had the best set in EU ESL imo, so great games you two. Secondly, whoever got their rush down going, won. Takeda can lock down just as well with EX kunai pressure, F1 staggers, TP cancels, and even regular kunai after block strings. Most of the latter leaves Liu in a position where he can only retaliate with slower moves like B2 or Dragon Kick(possibly a D4, doubtful though) since he will surely get whiff punished if he goes for that 9f D1. It wasn't lopsided one bit.

I'm just stating what I said in my clan chat, although going into more detail. I don't have a problem at all with a MB Dragon Kick that is 0 on block, you can still use it as a mixup, whether or not you'll use it at the end of a string. That or they really should look into buffing the slower D1s.

Also, buff Liu's D1, a 6F high is cool and all but I'd give that up for an 8F or 7F one.

I played like a retard probably why . but Kung Lao beats liu kang and he's better player than me in general on top of that , and we do play each other like every other day he knows how to fight vs dragon fire better than anyone
I've never seen somebody not being worried at all about his main main getting nerfed in this forum, I gotta respect that. About Liu kang nerfs if they do nerf him after all, my opinion would be making his flying kick mb neutral or +1, that should do because I'm I'm thinking about the intermediate level players like me hehe It took me half an hour to do Liu Kang I think it's F213 cancel once :oops:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
First off all, you and Xara had the best set in EU ESL imo, so great games you two. Secondly, whoever got their rush down going, won. Takeda can lock down just as well with EX kunai pressure, F1 staggers, TP cancels, and even regular kunai after block strings. Most of the latter leaves Liu in a position where he can only retaliate with slower moves like B2 or Dragon Kick(possibly a D4, doubtful though) since he will surely get whiff punished if he goes for that 9f D1. It wasn't lopsided one bit.

I'm just stating what I said in my clan chat, although going into more detail. I don't have a problem at all with a MB Dragon Kick that is 0 on block, you can still use it as a mixup, whether or not you'll use it at the end of a string. That or they really should look into buffing the slower D1s.

Also, buff Liu's D1, a 6F high is cool and all but I'd give that up for an 8F or 7F one.
Any 9f move is enough to get out of Takedas 'rush down'.

Shit like D3 into f1 isn't a thing, it just catches people, same with kunai into strings, takeda is way slower, so him being + doesn't really matter unless it's from ex kunai.

You saw Xarakamaka getting caught after things like d3 on block, but that was cause online, he would've been interrupting with things like b1 or f2 which is technically correct, but not always gonna go your way online :p

st9rm

viennality.com

cheers, it was a fun match :)

i agree with foxy's post;

xarakamaka didn't know the MU too well, therefore things like d3 into f1 worked and caught him off guard
ex kunais is +on block, but can be armored out of.

my problem vs the kang mu is, that i basically just have to hold block and hope for an execution error on the kang players side
i can literally just hold block - no pokes, no armored reversals, no backdashes, no jumps for takeda will work to get out of his pressure

cheers, it was a fun match :)

i agree with foxy's post;

xarakamaka didn't know the MU too well, therefore things like d3 into f1 worked and caught him off guard
ex kunais is +on block, but can be armored out of.

my problem vs the kang mu is, that i basically just have to hold block and hope for an execution error on the kang players side
i can literally just hold block - no pokes, no armored reversals, no backdashes, no jumps for takeda will work to get out of his pressure
D3 into f1 doesn't work I tested it before our match , u can see in our games 3 or 4 times I try to combo punish you for it but u kept hitting me instead so I ended up having to respect it , it was too laggy to punish

Lone

KHAOTIC
Any 9f move is enough to get out of Takedas 'rush down'.
I'm just saying, it was competitive. B1 is 9f but it's a melee normal, F1 is 6F but it's not reaching either, and F2/F4/ are 10f M/L starters but I don't believe they will reach before you get hit by another F1(2) in those situations. Has been my experience vs Red, at least.

What is wrong with his 6 frame mid?

Actually it doesn't low profe I guess

What is the start up of his d1 and d3?
A 6f high means nothing in this game when the opponent can just poke under it. F1 imo is good for counter poking, staggers and punishes. I wouldn't ever risk doing f1 after mb flying bicycle kick on block unless i KNOW i have my opponent conditioned enough to respect it.

IrishMantis

A 6f high means nothing in this game when the opponent can just poke under it. F1 imo is good for counter poking, staggers and punishes. I wouldn't ever risk doing f1 after mb flying bicycle kick on block unless i KNOW i have my opponent conditioned enough to respect it.
Isn't it the same in every game?

Vs characters like jax , cassie etc doing f12 after fk mb can be very useful as long as hit confirm f12 into bk/fb Rc on hit or f123/f12 fk on block

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yea it does especially when you're asking to nerf dragon fire's only/best option to close space on the opponent.

Also comparing liu and lao is dumb as hell too due to the fact that they play an entirely different meta game.
LBSH, Dragonsfire players are stupid if they honestly think that JAILING for no resources other than stamina is fine. Lets say that you're +4 after a run cancel, you lot would freak out because characters would get an option to backdash. But in reality it would put Liu more in line, because that way you hae consequences, and anyway, it'd probably lead to more opportunities to open people up.

I know for sure I'm opening people up more often now with tempest after the nerf on that fact.

Extreme pressure shouldnt be complimented with extreme defence, at least without a price (being punishable/having slow[ish] pokes)

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Liu Kang needs a 7f D1 if his MB flying kick is 0 on block which I am against of. And I still say buff Takeda's normal or pokes rather than nerfing dragon kick.