What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If you give your opponent options then it becomes a scary guessing game while lui kang builds resources and gets chip damage. Probably why @A F0xy Grampa says he's been opening people up more. They're more likely to do stuff when they're able to. Instead of just watching Lui Kang use stamina to build meter, to burn that meter to regain stamina. Heck if an opponent is able to poke out and they poke or armor and I block. I get another turn without doing much and doing the safest thing possible.

Parasurama

Dragon
Thanks to all the non LK players for their wisdom on why nerfs benefit LK but, no thanks. Give Takeda, his dad and whoever else who is related to them in terms of pokes (including LK) better pokes, and lets call it a game.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
No he doesn't.

Just because you're 0, doesnt always mean its your turn. Sometimes blocking is the better idea.

Dont people get it?
Don't get that people who main top tiers keep jamming on the "nerf Liu" train while happily playing winning match-ups in their favor constantly?

Yeah, I get it. I don't respect it. But I get it.

LBSH, Dragonsfire players are stupid if they honestly think that JAILING for no resources other than stamina is fine. Lets say that you're +4 after a run cancel, you lot would freak out because characters would get an option to backdash. But in reality it would put Liu more in line, because that way you hae consequences, and anyway, it'd probably lead to more opportunities to open people up.

I know for sure I'm opening people up more often now with tempest after the nerf on that fact.

Extreme pressure shouldnt be complimented with extreme defence, at least without a price (being punishable/having slow[ish] pokes)
Let's not get back to the fbrcs lol, so ppl now want his fkmb 0 on block ALONG with taking away his fbrcs, no character should have ridiculous mobility , stupid ridiculous mix ups, 7 frame combo launching armour, 6 frame dive kick, great advancing normals and space control , a jump in punch that takes up half the screen leading to a combo, and back jump and 1, 11, 11212, 11214 pressure only interrupting on reads not reactions and guess wrong and you get combod to a knockdown for guaranteed continued pressure and beating every armour in the whole game also mixing in lows overheads and throws and orbiting hats after his pressure strings, making his pressure game STUPID lol, can y'all guess which character I'm on about? Lol
But seriously nothing will happen till after ESL so can we all just let this thread die out for the time being?

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
LBSH, Dragonsfire players are stupid if they honestly think that JAILING for no resources other than stamina is fine. Lets say that you're +4 after a run cancel, you lot would freak out because characters would get an option to backdash. But in reality it would put Liu more in line, because that way you hae consequences, and anyway, it'd probably lead to more opportunities to open people up.

I know for sure I'm opening people up more often now with tempest after the nerf on that fact.

Extreme pressure shouldnt be complimented with extreme defence, at least without a price (being punishable/having slow[ish] pokes)
Lao's range, stagger strings, and low execution make his pressure and footsies much simpler to execute. The way Lao opens you up will not work for Kang quite the same way. The execution, the spacing, the stagger and the resources are all different.

Let's not get back to the fbrcs lol, so ppl now want his fkmb 0 on block ALONG with taking away his fbrcs, no character should have ridiculous mobility , stupid ridiculous mix ups, 7 frame combo launching armour, 6 frame dive kick, great advancing normals and space control , a jump in punch that takes up half the screen leading to a combo, and back jump and 11, 112 , 1121, 11214 pressure mixing in lows overheads and throws and orbiting hats, making his pressure game STUPID lol, can y'all guess which character I'm on about? Lol
But seriously nothing will happen till after ESL so can we all just let this thread die out for the time being?
112?:confused:

st9rm

viennality.com
Lol I'm only worried about online takeda, im not worried about takeda if it's offline
if i played kang and had your execution, i wouldn't be worried about takeda either, since it's basically an infinite against him ;)

which should def. be removed, since infinites don't belong in fighting games

if i played kang and had your execution, i wouldn't be worried about takeda either, since it's basically an infinite against him ;)

which should def. be removed, since infinites don't belong in fighting games
:D I know ;) you escape about 10 times in those matches when shouldn't be able to but I understand you have no option but to try to escape, it's an awful match for takeda offline

Also is takedas kunai setup impossible to block? I tried it for only like 1 minute before the match with no success @st9rm . And u shud use cassie vs my Liu not takeda at the moment

st9rm

viennality.com
Also is takedas kunai setup impossible to block? I tried it for only like 1 minute before the match with no success @st9rm . And u shud use cassie vs my Liu not takeda at the moment
it is blockable, but you gotta guess if i go for low overhead, or overhead low :)
i thought about picking cassie, but i've only played her for a few days, and i'm sure i couldn't compete with her against your caliber tbh

it is blockable, but you gotta guess if i go for low overhead, or overhead low :)
i thought about picking cassie, but i've only played her for a few days, and i'm sure i couldn't compete with her against your caliber tbh
I would recommend learning another character to fight vs me in esl though, otherwise your just going to hope the lag will save you every time, you should keep learning cassie, we need more European cassie players

Ok now lets be honest. Ppl who don't play liu (excluding playing against and including you) are stupid if they think that spending meter just to be safe is worth it when talking about dragon fire's mb flying bicycle kick being neutral in a game where liu has slow normals. You're basically telling the liu players to spend meter for nothing.

I also hope u realize that liu would be at a disadvantage against every character in the game if that nerf were to happen.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
People here talking about "fair" as if that word exists in mkx.pseudo unblockable high damage 50/50s, vortexes,insane chip damage,loopable safe pressure strings,specials that are plus double digits on block...someone said liu shouldn't jail because its not fair.johnny jails..dvorah jails and can 212 in a combo and cancel into the bug vortex special and if its blocked shes plus 20 (if i remember what honeybee told me) and if you delay wakeup she jails you into 112 pressure. Its that "fair"? I dont agree with block infinites and imo A LOT of shit thats in mkx are not in serious fighting games, but lets stop arguing and wait to see what nrs does. Also, lets try to leave that word "fair " out of mkx discussions lol.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Sol
Solid takeda man, first time seeing you in action. Was funny seeing the chat switch from "this takeda is bad" to "holy shit this takeda G.O.A.T". Good stuff brother

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i dont think some of you guys grasp what foxy is trying to say solely based on your opinion character he uses. what KL can do , what subzero can do , what JC can do is not really the heart of this topic.

point of the matter is that the LK infinite block string exists - whether or not its on 4 or 1 character- its there . every other IBS that has been found under the same circumstances has been altered, its only fitting that this be looked at .

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
i dont think some of you guys grasp what foxy is trying to say solely based on your opinion character he uses. what KL can do , what subzero can do , what JC can do is not really the heart of this topic.

point of the matter is that the LK infinite block string exists - whether or not its on 4 or 1 character- its there . every other IBS that has been found under the same circumstances has been altered, its only fitting that this be looked at .
Thats not exactly what was implied. Nobody is/should agree with having an infinite in a game. But what he was getting at was that liu shouldn't be able to jail. The issue is the infinite. But people are attacking other parts of the character knowing full well other characters can do the same thing. Thats where the replies are coming from i suppose.