What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

LASD

Noob
He m
A foxy grandpa thinks a character shouldjt have extreme offense as well as extreme defense, yet he mains a character who has some of the best offense in the game and also a 7 frame armored reversal with the hitbox of 5 football pitches.
He must feel pretty threatened by Liu

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
@aieches just named two

I'm sorry but people are using the word infinite too losely and this DOES NOT fit the definition. Is it over powered? Maybe maybe not but it is NOT A FUCKING INFINITE.

so the question is .. how much life would i lose if i had zero bar?
lets say i did a block breaker and i have slightly less than 50% health - if i cant get back up to two bars before this chips me out then technically wouldnt that be a block infinite? maybe someone needs to lab this out and see just how much SR can take with zero bar before he gets two full bars.. i would lab it but in the long run it wouldnt really do SR any good cause regaurdless or not, if NRS doesnt adjust this then its pretty much good games anyway .. block breakers suck.. lets be honest and doing an instant xray for 30 something percent is not worth it when one flying kick into meter burn and LK is in again.. so its pretty much givekang free damage and take the hit and hope to start something again when i wake up

edit: so youre prob right its not an true infinite ( i really dont know anymore) - but as it stands now, its the closest thing to one in the game and all others that were of this similar caliber got adjusted.

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
so the question is .. how much life would i lose if i had zero bar?
lets say i did a block breaker and i have slightly less than 50% health - if i cant get back up to two bars before this chips me out then technically wouldnt that be a block infinite? maybe someone needs to lab this out and see just how much SR can take with zero bar before he gets two full bars.. i would lab it but in the long run it wouldnt really do SR any good cause regaurdless or not, if NRS doesnt adjust this then its pretty much good games anyway .. block breakers suck.. lets be honest and doing an instant xray for 30 something percent is not worth it when one flying kick into meter burn and LK is in again.. so its pretty much givekang free damage and take the hit and hope to start something again when i wake up

edit: so youre prob right its not an true infinite ( i really dont know anymore) - but as it stands now, its the closest thing to one in the game and all others that were of this similar caliber got adjusted.
I hear ya...but...its...not...an...infinite

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Aw you poor Liu players would actually have to play footsies, control space and work your way in like everyone else instead of pressing 4 four buttons for instant plus frames. I can totally see how you guys would subsequently lose every MU in the game as a result of a nerf like that. Take away 2 frames from one MB special and Liu is instantly unviable.

Personally I don't have any issues with Liu's current tools but the downplaying in this forum is disgusting. It's like the Nightwing forums on crack because your character is actually super good.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Aw you poor Liu players would actually have to play footsies, control space and work your way in like everyone else instead of pressing 4 four buttons for instant plus frames. I can totally see how you guys would subsequently lose every MU in the game as a result of a nerf like that. Take away 2 frames from one MB special and Liu is instantly unviable.

Personally I don't have any issues with Liu's current tools but the downplaying in this forum is disgusting. It's like the Nightwing forums on crack because your character is actually super good.
But is it an infinite?

The

To be fair to us liu players (and nightwing players :DOGE), in a game like mkx, we are actually forced to play footsies and play a solid neutral due to the design of our said character.

Liu actually reminds me of nightwing but maybe im just dick sick :coffee:

Parasurama

Dragon

I do not think there needs to be any change to this, but many other LK's said earlier that the the MB FK should be +1 or neutral.... so do read the thread before posting untruths. He is good, but only at zoning and pressure. If you nerf those things then, he no longer is good. Give Takeda and his family faster pokes. Give LK faster pokes, he needs it. LK should be the best.

st9rm

viennality.com
I would recommend learning another character to fight vs me in esl though, otherwise your just going to hope the lag will save you every time, you should keep learning cassie, we need more European cassie players
as much as i believe it's takeda's worst matchup, i still think i can win with him
gotta lab that stuff...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Lol here come the 'bad defense' remarks.

6f special mid to interrupt pressure, and armoured flying kick which is fast and relatively safe, which safely whiffs over low pokes. People will say his pokes aren't fast enough, but the reality of it is that anytime you got hit by a poke, you made the wrong read, because if you block it then it was your turn or gives you a chance to escape. But people don't want to back dash, they just want to attack all the time.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Lol here come the 'bad defense' remarks.

6f special mid to interrupt pressure, and armoured flying kick which is fast and relatively safe, which safely whiffs over low pokes. People will say his pokes aren't fast enough, but the reality of it is that anytime you got hit by a poke, you made the wrong read, because if you block it then it was your turn or gives you a chance to escape. But people don't want to back dash, they just want to attack all the time.
i have to agree lol.

it seems that they want faster pokes because they dont want their opponents to poke them back

i have to agree lol.

it seems that they want faster pokes because they dont want their opponents to poke them back
Very wrong sir/mam. Referring to my previous post, if u do not play liu kang thn you will never understand.

Mb flying bicycle kick being neutral with Liu's current frames of normals would be a waste of meter. The people who want this nerf basically wants the liu player to waste meter and give him a disadvantage against EVERY character in the game lol.

A more proper nerf would be to make mb flying bicycle kick plus 1 on block at the least while making the overhead kick plus 2 so that the liu player must commit to spending 2 bars if he wants to be more plus. A fair trade imo and will also force the liu player to be more conservative with his meter.

...but making mb flying bicycle kick neutral will only force nrs to give liu a faster poke so that he could at least trade.

as much as i believe it's takeda's worst matchup, i still think i can win with him
gotta lab that stuff...
Yeh you can win with him if you escape like you were doing last time , but that won't work in good connection or offline, it only worked about 20 times because the connection was awful

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
give him a disadvantage against EVERY character in the game
Not Tremor 7 frame high and quickest poke 9 frames I win! But serious question how is it a disadvantage every time with a 6 frame high? Surely you can beat a ton of stuff with this and force them to respect it, poke and put themselves negative again?

Not Tremor 7 frame high and quickest poke 9 frames I win! But serious question how is it a disadvantage every time with a 6 frame high? Surely you can beat a ton of stuff with this and force them to respect it, poke and put themselves negative again?
I'd rather condition you with b1 or f2. F1 being a high is too inconsistent when someone can poke under it and with mb flying bicycle kick being neutral (hypothetically speaking) it would always be a waste imo.