What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Very wrong sir/mam. Referring to my previous post, if u do not play liu kang thn you will never understand.

Mb flying bicycle kick being neutral with Liu's current frames of normals would be a waste of meter. The people who want this nerf basically wants the liu player to waste meter and give him a disadvantage against EVERY character in the game lol.

A more proper nerf would be to make mb flying bicycle kick plus 1 on block at the least while making the overhead kick plus 2 so that the liu player must commit to spending 2 bars if he wants to be more plus. A fair trade imo and will also force the liu player to be more conservative with his meter.

...but making mb flying bicycle kick neutral will only force nrs to give liu a faster poke so that he could at least trade.
what's this "if you dont play X char you dont understand" all about?

what's wrong in baiting something / making a read after building tons of meter for free and spending a bar to reset the neutral?

also, you do realize you have a low profile plus on block d3 right?

what's this "if you dont play X char you dont understand" all about?

what's wrong in baiting something / making a read after building tons of meter for free and spending a bar to reset the neutral?

also, you do realize you have a low profile plus on block d3 right?
Because the neutral will not be reset if liu gets nothing from closing space and spending meter. If i want to bait something and remain safe, thn I'll just end a string in db2 which is only -2 without a bar. You can't make something neutral on a rush down character when he his normals don't compliment it.

If you want things to reset the meta thn liu must require a faster poke so that he could at least trade. Its like i keep repeating myself.

And the plus d3 only works against some characters...same as the current mb flying bicycle kick on block. Bad call there my guy.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is LK's D2 really 7 frames? What's the hypothetical if he used that after MB flying kick. I imagine the insane block stun and pushback would keep him relatively safe and allow him to trade even though it's negative on block.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
His D2 is -17 on block, and you can low profile it. Basically, you would rather F1 because it's a frame faster, starts a combo, and anything that will low profile F1 will ALSO low profile D2.

Liu has slow low pokes. It's one of his weaknesses.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Because the neutral will not be reset if liu gets nothing from closing space and spending meter. If i want to bait something and remain safe, thn I'll just end a string in db2 which is only -2 without a bar. You can't make something neutral on a rush down character when he his normals don't compliment it.

If you want things to reset the meta thn liu must require a faster poke so that he could at least trade. Its like i keep repeating myself.

And the plus d3 only works against some characters...same as the current mb flying bicycle kick on block. Bad call there my guy.
you act like you have no options when you're in neutral.

it's not like you have a 6f high, a 10f low, a 9f mid etc... if you give the opponent the chance to poke after a mb fk then it's most likely they'll do it, if you block it then it's your turn again, or you can b1 to condition them to not try and armor, wich gives you more options.

it's not like humans are robots lol, if mb fk was neutral you're lucky enough to give the opponent only one chance to escape your pressure.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I do not think there needs to be any change to this, but many other LK's said earlier that the the MB FK should be +1 or neutral.... so do read the thread before posting untruths. He is good, but only at zoning and pressure. If you nerf those things then, he no longer is good. Give Takeda and his family faster pokes. Give LK faster pokes, he needs it. LK should be the best.
Posting untruths? Which part is untrue? The part where Liu loses every MU in the game if you reduce his MB FK's block advantage by at least 1f or the incessant downplaying of this forum? I was clearly responding to Murk's post that was liked by 5 other people including you. It can't be helped I guess - most Liu players were Nightwing players.

Even if the MB FK was +1/0 you people act like it'd become useless. The opponent would have to poke first to start his pressure so all you have to do is block the poke and start your own pressure. If the opponent reads that you'll block his poke and tries to go for a 50/50 or their fastest high you hit them with F12 for a full-combo.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Posting untruths? Which part is untrue? The part where Liu loses every MU in the game if you reduce his MB FK's block advantage by at least 1f or the incessant downplaying of this forum? I was clearly responding to Murk's post that was liked by 5 other people including you.

Even if the MB FK was +1/0 you people act like it'd become useless. The opponent would have to poke first to start his pressure so all you have to do is block the poke and start your own pressure. If the opponent reads that you'll block his poke and tries to go for a 50/50 or their fastest high you hit them with F12 for a full-combo.
Pretty much safe dash punch that creates a favorable guessing game for LK still. Doesn't the kick have armor too?

His D2 is -17 on block, and you can low profile it. Basically, you would rather F1 because it's a frame faster, starts a combo, and anything that will low profile F1 will ALSO low profile D2.

Liu has slow low pokes. It's one of his weaknesses.
So if it's being low profiled then they must be doing a d3 or some thing similar, right? So it's like @HeroesNZ said, either block one poke and then get to start pressure anyways or they do something else and LK can blow that up. I fail to see the big disadvantage here except for that LK might eat a mixup if he's to defensive and doesn't even move.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'd rather condition you with b1 or f2. F1 being a high is too inconsistent when someone can poke under it and with mb flying bicycle kick being neutral (hypothetically speaking) it would always be a waste imo.
Jim and phos are right though, even as a KL player you gotta learn to block some shit if you want your offence.

You can't have your cake and eat it, you want his stamina to build him free meter, but you also want his meter to build him free meter. ¿Que?

Parasurama

Dragon
Posting untruths? Which part is untrue? The part where Liu loses every MU in the game if you reduce his MB FK's block advantage by at least 1f or the incessant downplaying of this forum? I was clearly responding to Murk's post that was liked by 5 other people including you. It can't be helped I guess - most Liu players were Nightwing players.

Just look back in the thread, many LK players said that they would accept the FK MB having less advantage. I did say and still say that I am not one of them, as I think the whole thing should remain as it is but NRS should buff some characters pokes, but you should not say all LK's say that it would destroy the character.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Guys please chill its not an end of the world if Liu Kang gets a faster d1 if his mb dragon kick becomes 0 or +1. Giving him a faster d1 will also give you a chance to start your own pressure if you block his d1 after mb flying kick. Now there is one more option to give Takeda a faster normal or a faster downpoke, many Takeda players will find it useful including myself. But no Liu Kang player will accept a nerf and especially if his main ingredient of pressure is nerfed without getting a faster d1 as a compensation. Even his dragon kick mb > mb (Which uses 2 bars and is -1 on block) has to buffed atleast +5 on block.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Guys please chill its not an end of the world if Liu Kang gets a faster d1 if his mb dragon kick becomes 0 or +1. Giving him a faster d1 will also give you a chance to start your own pressure if you block his d1 after mb flying kick. Now there is one more option to give Takeda a faster normal or a faster downpoke, many Takeda players will find it useful including myself. But no Liu Kang player will accept a nerf and especially if his main ingredient of pressure is nerfed without getting a faster d1 as a compensation. Even his dragon kick mb > mb (Which uses 2 bars and is -1 on block) has to buffed atleast +5 on block.

Ok then, when should it not be Lius turn?
All Liu players want it to be Lius turn 200% of the time whether it be due to spending meter or stamina, so when should other people get to play the game? If MB fly kick was neutral Takeda wouldn't need to have a faster move.

His rush down wouldn't really be affected because his true 'rush down' stems from stamina. You essentially get 3 mixup opportunities everytime some one blocks you.

I think this thread has reached a level of stupid I gotta gtfo
:DOGE

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam

on a side note: what about YOU blocking MY d1 and then restart YOUR own pressure?

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
it's not like humans are robots lol, if mb fk was neutral you're lucky enough to give the opponent only one chance to escape your pressure.
Yet we have to execute frame perfect FBRC, frame perfect b12, get you to the corner, and get you to have no meter for this block trap to be relevant. DO NOT say "humans are not robots" when the same can be said about our execution requirements. If we are not allowed to say it, you can't say it and Tom Brady can't say it.
Damn Night Wing players.
:REO

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yet we have to execute frame perfect FBRC, frame perfect b12, get you to the corner, and get you to have no meter for this block trap to be relevant. DO NOT say "humans are not robots" when the same can be said about our execution requirements. If we are not allowed to say it, you can't say it and Tom Brady can't say it.

:REO
If you were off by a frame, wouldn't your opponent need to know this and know when to press their quickest button? If they're off by a frame to punish they could end up just taking damage.

The whole "frame perfect robot" stuff goes around and around. And I'm sure everyone know that when it comes to frame tight execution, the fgc always has someone do that shit perfect.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If you were off by a frame, wouldn't your opponent need to know this and know when to press their quickest button? If they're off by a frame to punish they could end up just taking damage.

The whole "frame perfect robot" stuff goes around and around. And I'm sure everyone know that when it comes to frame tight execution, the fgc always has someone do that shit perfect.
I agree...thats why no one is allowed to ever say "humans are not robots"

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
People said Quan shouldn't have had a faster D1 to avoid infinites against him and they should have just nerfed Liu Kang's pressure instead to prevent characters from being almost infinitely locked down.

Now people are saying buff takedas normals so he can poke out rather than nerfing Liu Kang as it isn't fair.

Make your mind up TYM.