What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ban the wakeups is now an option and everyone can change their votes.
Bah. I was hoping for a new poll. A lot of people prob won't come back to this thread to change their vote. And 2 of the options are kind of the same. "No" and "Ban the wakeups" both mean not banning KL as a character.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm not going to the event so I won't vote but I'll give my two cents. Banning the entire character is not an option, it would screw over people maining Kung Lao. However just banning the glitch would be very difficult to enforce because in a tournament setting it is easy to do things by accident or do it as second nature because it's the best option at the time. Therefore, we may just have to let it rock. It won't look great for the game but it won't be a disaster, and it will be up to the opponent to deal with (they now should know about it and prepare fight it) . Not the most optimal solution but probably the best.

haketh

Noob
So you're not fine with banning the character. You're fine with banning a single variation. But you're also not ok with DQing people who exploit a glitch to give them an unfair advantage? Weird.
Alright stop comparing Ermac to this, the Ermac activation requirements were something he could always do from jump, he didn't need hoops for this and he had multiple combos from it o gain the meter he needed to always have access to both breaker & X-Ray. Kung Lao's involves him making wrong decisions in neutral, taking damage, & getting knocked down. Both options to get the full meter are punishable full combo wise when done in most situations, & hell yeah I'm not okay with DQing people for something that is possiby muscle memory for them now in certain situations when they didn't even know about this. This glitch has big impact yes but the impact is not big enough to warrant banning the glitch or DQing people for it.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
Alright stop comparing Ermac to this, the Ermac activation requirements were something he could always do from jump, he didn't need hoops for this and he had multiple combos from it o gain the meter he needed to always have access to both breaker & X-Ray. Kung Lao's involves him making wrong decisions in neutral, taking damage, & getting knocked down. Both options to get the full meter are punishable full combo wise when done in most situations, & hell yeah I'm not okay with DQing people for something that is possiby muscle memory for them now in certain situations when they didn't even know about this. This glitch has big impact yes but the impact is not big enough to warrant banning the glitch or DQing people for it.
if it comes out due to "muslce memory" it doesn't give it an excuse. This is a major with alot of money on the line, if a high level Lao player can't adjust, it's their problem.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I'm not going to the event so I won't vote but I'll give my two cents. Banning the entire character is not an option, it would screw over people maining Kung Lao. However just banning the glitch would be very difficult to enforce because in a tournament setting it is easy to do things by accident or do it as second nature because it's the best option at the time. Therefore, we may just have to let it rock. It won't look great for the game but it won't be a disaster, and it will be up to the opponent to deal with (they now should know about it and prepare fight it) . Not the most optimal solution but probably the best.
so instead of screwing over kung lao players we screw over the people that play the other 25 characters instead by making them deal with this shitty broken glitch allowing KL to break combos every time you touch him. So the alternative is to ban the glitch and compromise, you keep your character while i keep that dumb ass glitch from ruining my game, but thats now too hard to do? thats too fucking bad. something needs to be done, it is not acceptable to just shrug it off as a 'deal with it'

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So it's fine against kenshi when every knockdown he has knocks you full screen? KL can just wake up hat after every combo to get a free bar of meter? That's fine? Now every other character who ends their combos with a full screen knockdown has to change all of their muscle memory to counter this.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So it's fine against kenshi when every knockdown he has knocks you full screen? KL can just wake up hat after every combo to get a free bar of meter? That's fine? Now every other character who ends their combos with a full screen knockdown has to change all of their muscle memory to counter this.
how are you going to break someone's natural instinct to do a wakeup hat to check Kenshi after this/

or Goro

or anyone else who sends the opponent full screen?

You highly underestimate this.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
thats my point

you start dq'ing people for there natural instincts and for muscle memory... you're going to have a bad day.
I'm still confused. Your last response seems to be supporting my position.

IMO, you spend hundreds of dollars traveling across the country to lose to a glitch exploit and people will have a bad day as well. Especially when there's over 10k on the line.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm still confused. Your last response seems to be supporting my position.
no... it was confusing to read though.

i'll try again

There are plenty of characters where they toss you full to 3/4 screen away and Kung Lao can check them with a hat toss on wake up (whether it is safe or not doesn't matter... its there)

You're suggesting dq'ing people who have had this MU experience and done these time and time again and engrained muscle memory to do this. Whether it be the low hat... or the teleport.

Especially only.... what ... 4 days out.......... if I mained lao i'd demand my money back from the event if any of this caused an immediate DQ. You can't un-train yourself to do these things that you've been doing for so long in that short of a period of time. They're just natural reactions and natural instinct.

SGX

Noob
When something unintended is merely beneficial, but not game breaking, there's always a lot more negative impact from handing out bans to characters/moves

You're right, it's not Marvel 2, but if you look at any of the great games from the era before patching: 3s, CvS2, Melee, UMK3, etc. they're all FILLED with unintentional glitches, but none of them are banned.

Banning KL is pretty obviously a poor choice, and DQing someone for doing a teleport on wakeup is really a touchy situation. It's certainly not something that is going to let someone who is otherwise unskilled get a free ride to grand finals.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
so instead of screwing over kung lao players we screw over the people that play the other 25 characters instead by making them deal with this shitty broken glitch allowing KL to break combos every time you touch him. So the alternative is to ban the glitch and compromise, you keep your character while i keep that dumb ass glitch from ruining my game, but thats now too hard to do? thats too fucking bad. something needs to be done, it is not acceptable to just shrug it off as a 'deal with it'
Okay you need to calm down buddy. You're severely overreacting to this - "allowing kung lao to break combos every time you touch him" that is not even true man. This glitch is not that bad and you know it. Is it a very good tool? Absolutely. But it is not unbeatable and it in no way "ruins your game". It simply give sKung Lao an admittedly very very good tool. If there was something practical that could be done then I would totally be for it, but I think you underestimate how difficult this kind of thing would be to regulate.