What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Since he wont be banned at CB, instead of closing this, I will just change the thread title until it's patched.

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
I srsly hope everyone plays Kung Lao at Combo Breaker and does nothing but wakeup teleport. Breakers and xrays everywhere. I'm being 100% serious.
You would be DQ'd under the abusive glitch ruling. Kung Lao players are allotted the reality of muscle memory and input errors, but repeatedly exploiting the glitch would be an immediate game forfeit and a potential bracket DQ.

Maybe when they patch it they'll just let Kung Lao walk right through you after wakeups and have all his projectiles just pass through you for a couple seconds. Seems legit.

Man... all of this stuff is so disappointing given how excited I was for this game.

I love the comment that basically says, Paulo knew about this before the game was released but people were too focused on all the other broken trash to notice. Finish your game before you release it please.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I've changed my vote to let it rock, since it's stupid that another person is to decide weather the glitch is used "abusively" or not.

haketh

Noob
I've changed my vote to let it rock, since it's stupid that another person is to decide weather the glitch is used "abusively" or not.
This is the whole problem, either ban the character or not, this halfway bullshit is just gonna lead to confusion.

thehadou

Referees are not allotted arbitrary decisions. Initial or accidental use of a glitch produces a warning, continued use of a glitch is punished with a game loss. Flagrant or repeated use of the glitch will result in a bracket DQ.

Refined rules will be posted, and explained, before each pool begins. Staff continues to work on the least damaging resolution to a very regrettable situation.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Pretty vague, huh? So you can't abuse it. Does that mean only one "accidental" glitch per fight? Per round?

So you can't blatantly go for it on every knockdown... but when things get tight and dicey and you really need that clutch bar of meter, you're allowed to.do it once?

Seems messy.

KNX

Noob
Ermac wasn't banned, it was just one variation. While yes variations make characters very different, they could still play Ermac. This is an entire character we're talking about here, not just one variation. Huge difference.

Although to be fair, a lot of people here wanted to wait and see with spectral ermac rather than an immediate ban. At least from some of the posts I've read.
If Ermac could build a full bar of meter from whiffing a special in all variations, then he would've been banned entirely. TOs didn't even take 2 seconds to think about it. They saw Tom Brady's video then banned Spectral immediately.

I get that people say Kung Lao can't use the glitch to safely build bar, same thing people said about Ermac, if you whiff a special whilst in flight, you are either doing it unsafely or sacrificing oki. People also said similar stuff about Mournful, even though she has an infinite, people wont get hit by her as there's no mixup... She still got banned

It's purely out of principle and nothing else. If they want to be fair to the other characters that got banned, they have to ban this as well.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
You would be DQ'd under the abusive glitch ruling. Kung Lao players are allotted the reality of muscle memory and input errors, but repeatedly exploiting the glitch would be an immediate game forfeit and a potential bracket DQ.
I know.

But they can't DQ everybody

thehadou

If Ermac could build a full bar of meter from whiffing a special in all variations, then he would've been banned entirely. TOs didn't even take 2 seconds to think about it. They saw Tom Brady's video then banned Spectral immediately.

I get that people say Kung Lao can't use the glitch to safely build bar, same thing people said about Ermac, if you whiff a special whilst in flight, you are either doing it unsafely or sacrificing oki. People also said similar stuff about Mournful, even though she has an infinite, people wont get hit by her as there's no mixup... She still got banned

It's purely out of principle and nothing else. If they want to be fair to the other characters that got banned, they have to ban this as well.
We haven't banned any characters over mechanic glitches, and TOs, as people, are not always going to follow suit with one another - particularly on a game this new.

Pretty vague, huh? So you can't abuse it. Does that mean only one "accidental" glitch per fight? Per round?

So you can't blatantly go for it on every knockdown... but when things get tight and dicey and you really need that clutch bar of meter, you're allowed to.do it once?

Seems messy.
We've announced that we are releasing refined, more specific conditions around this ruleset tomorrow after having more time to build on it. There is no perfect solution covering all needs.

I know.

But they can't DQ everybody
We absolutely could, and would.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
people do different moves on wake up. not everyone does teleport or spin. so telling them what they can or cant wake up with is foolish. if the whole character isn't going to be banned Combo Breaker is going to have to deal with it. no policing. Whats going to happen its going to be an elitist stench clouding this weekend. If a scrub uses it and loses they will let it ride. If a top player or a player that's winning uses it there going to be a problem or TO involved. SMH our community man.... This is stuff people are talking about you know! when they talk bad about NRS players/community. We all play NRS games we should be used to a glitch or two lol. If KL isn't completely banned there shouldn't be any kind of policing! Let it rock and pray for a Patch in the future. Im sure someone on this site has a direct line to a developer or two. Did one of them make this glitch known to the developers? Maybe they can hot fix it after CB. At least that way CEO or any other tournament wont have to make such a decision. Which is what it really comes down to. CB doesn't want to go down in history in telling a group of players (a group that has a few top players in it) "Hay, you cant use your main to have a shot at that 10k!" Who wants to make that decision?!

thehadou

Kung Lao, Final Ruling.

In Mortal Kombat X Kung Lao has an abusable meter gain bug. Due to the abusable nature of this bug, all Kung Lao matches at Combo Breaker will be refereed. Referees are instructed to enforce a tournament wide ban on wake-up teleport in all 3 of Kung Lao’s variations, and wake-up hat toss in the non-buzzsaw variations.

If you use either of these techniques, you will be issued a warning on the spot. If you do it again, you will be disqualified from tournament play on the spot. This warning will follow you for the duration of the tournament, it is not on a per-match basis.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes Kung Lao players, but we believe it is in the best interest of the tournament. Instead of a tournament wide ban on Kung Lao 4 days before the tournament, this ruling allows players to play their character in some capacity.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
oh wow that too! now i could see that. If i saw someone doing a random hat full screen im thinking ok hes trying to get meter. But a teleport im thinking hes trying to get in. Well im glad CB got 261 pre reg but our game just lost all that respect come Saturday. smh

This is the whole problem, either ban the character or not, this halfway bullshit is just gonna lead to confusion.
If you think this is confusing you will probably have a hard time with anything else you do, just saying. This is a temporary solution, they will fix this glitch.

Fattius

Noob
What's the difference between 1 whole character and 3 variations that have the same problem spectral did?
The fact that it is the whole fucking character. One varation ok because people who main that character and want to improve on him still can. If you ban the whole character people who like KL and want to play him/improve on him can't and it ruins there time and fun.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The fact that it is the whole fucking character. One varation ok because people who main that character and want to improve on him still can. If you ban the whole character people who like KL and want to play him/improve on him can't and it ruins there time and fun.
I understand. My problem was with the logic. I certainly didn't want to see a whole character banned especially with his popularity. Either way, it wasn't an issue.