What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
And during all that time he held onto all that meter when he coulda been using it for a varieity of converts & defensive moves. Looking forward to this getting patched out but this is not close to as gamebreaking as Spectral Ermac.
The question at this point is: is it game breaking AT ALL? Not whether or not it compares to spectral.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
13:10 and 14:30
There goes the theory that this doesn't completely break the game, pl gets knocked down with 2 bars, wake up tele gives 3, that's a free fucking super
Not only that, but you can tell PL was going for this, he was mashing out teleport on wake up almost every time he could, he was even jumping up and doing air teleport when he messed it up.

But the point is not to call PL out, maybe he had no idea and its not fair to assume he had been abusing secret tech, but he knows now. PL will abuse this now that its common knowledge. Ban the character or ban toss/tele on wake up, its the only way. I know

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Not only that, but you can tell PL was going for this, he was mashing out teleport on wake up almost every time he could, he was even jumping up and doing air teleport when he messed it up.

But the point is not to call PL out, maybe he had no idea and its not fair to assume he had been abusing secret tech, but he knows now. PL will abuse this now that its common knowledge. Ban the character or ban toss/tele on wake up, its the only way. I know
Nah he knows. He said he can't stream his practice because NRS might patch out his "new tech" before the 10k tournament.

protools27

Rebel without a scene

Ya, I by no means posted the vid to call anyone out, but purely to show that this is in fact viable during a match, and def breaks the game.

Just something to keep in mind for folks flaming testers, it's very possible that many bugs we "discover" post release were reported and simply not fixed pre-release. It happens literally, all the time. Just fish around any PC rpg threads. Half the bug reports people submit are things the dev team already knew about.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
actually chaosphere said he would always keep a bar to have the ex teleport glitch option at hand.
Yeah why wouldn't you? I understand you can convert in an end round situation. Sure. This is just another good option if you get knocked down. You already know you can break when you shouldn't have that option in the first place.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Good luck enforcing this with our group of guys.

Gonna need a "pools buddy" to record every match i have with their phone so I have proof.

especially if they simply try to say "can't use this move on wakeup"

Yeah why wouldn't you? I understand you can convert in an end round situation. Sure. This is just another good option if you get knocked down. You already know you can break when you shouldn't have that option in the first place.
yeah just saying you did say this, which that other guy kinda denies.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If someone does it, grab a judge and go to the replays immediately.
thats fine

i'm just saying....... this will be a hastle.

especially when "casual player x" does it on accident and he loses the round.
I'm all for ignorance is no excuse.

but it'll happen on stream on accident...... because no one will be able to "reteach" themselves reactions and instincts they've been doing since day 1.

gross. Plus.... i thought combo breaker had a 15 day patch thingy mabobber...... and the xbox still doesn't have it :)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
thats fine

i'm just saying....... this will be a hastle.

especially when "casual player x" does it on accident and he loses the round.
I'm all for ignorance is no excuse.

but it'll happen on stream on accident...... because no one will be able to "reteach" themselves reactions and instincts they've been doing since day 1.

gross. Plus.... i thought combo breaker had a 15 day patch thingy mabobber...... and the xbox still doesn't have it :)
Casual player x is going to have a bad day lol. But either way, this exists pre-patch.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
How is it misleading? You're asking if Kung Lao should be banned at Combo Breaker.
I meant misleading in the sense that I didn't create the title. lol I'm also suggesting banning using wakeup tele and hat toss as opposed to banning the character at this point.

Is it even possible to ban Kung Lao? Unlike Spectral Ermac - People actually play that character and it will affect more than one person.