What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters
No, it benefits the KL player any time he has a bar of meter and gets knocked down.

You act like breaking combos is bad. It's not. If KL has a bar of meter, getting knocked down is in his favor.

If I were KL at combo breaker, I'd always hold on to a bar of meter just in case.
It doesn't benefit the player because it is not a good option for them to go for. You're really exaggerating now, getting knocked down is not in his favor and having to break leaves you without stamina for 8 seconds and buzzsaw lao really needs stamina at all times pretty much to initiate offense. No half decent kung lao player will revolve his game around this. Especially if you play buzzsaw you don't want to waste that meter. I assure you anyone who would lose to a lao player who revolves his game around this would lose even worse to a lao player who actually knows how to play the character instead of relying on a gimmick.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
If you know you'll get a free bar for that you'll be a fool if you won't. Come on guys, a character was banned for having one broken move, but another one will not for having a bunch? Feeling bad for Lao players, but colt better hurry up with a hotfix option for random bar gaining.
Just ban the move. Easy. You can't nut punch in basketball and if you do you're ejected. Apply same logic to this. You can't prevent every Lao main from playing in this tourney, Ermac's glitch was variation specific and much easier to execute. Lao never uses wakeup tele or hat toss anyway

"Teleport on wakeup isn't viable and you will always eat a 30% combo doing it"

What about if you have an air to air trade and you tech roll wake up tele and they don't tech roll? That's a free meter for you into your tele followup free. Potentially leading into a combo or better stage position. Not cool at all

There are obviously situations where wake up tele is an option. Ignoring that is just ignorant

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Just ban the move. Easy. You can't nut punch in basketball and if you do you're ejected. Apply same logic to this. You can't prevent every Lao main from playing in this tourney, Ermac's glitch was variation specific and much easier to execute. Lao never uses wakeup tele or hat toss anyway
Well, dude, now he has a reason to do it. And Ermac's was easier to ban to be honest.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It doesn't benefit the player because it is not a good option for them to go for. You're really exaggerating now, getting knocked down is not in his favor and having to break leaves you without stamina for 8 seconds and buzzsaw lao really needs stamina at all times pretty much to initiate offense. No half decent kung lao player will revolve his game around this. Especially if you play buzzsaw you don't want to waste that meter. I assure you anyone who would lose to a lao player who revolves his game around this would lose even worse to a lao player who actually knows how to play the character instead of relying on a gimmick.
What's better, eating 40% or no stamina for 8 seconds?

haketh

Noob
Talking about DQing people for using the glitch, the hell is wrong with all of you guys Christ.

So Spectral Ermac and Master of Souls need to be banned from Tournaments for their "glitches" but Kung Lao can let it rock with one available in all 3 ? Seriously people
The way the glitches are activated are completely different. Lord this is why you don't leave things like this up to the greater community. Y'all woulda been having us play RCless CVS2 or VSAV without Renda Cancels or 3S without Urien & Oro Unblockables.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Its gonna be unfair to every person with a Lao main or pocket Lao. The entire character shouldn't be banned, that takes away a lot of good competition. If you ban the move then that'll be the best solution. If Lao is completely banned, expect to see a lot more Kung Jins:DOGE
Then just ban wakeup tele and hat toss

What's better, eating 40% or no stamina for 8 seconds?
What's better is to not teleport and not eat the 40% punish at all. It is better to block or just use ex spin, it is bad to assume you're going to guess wrong from the beginning. You're playing the wrong guessing game.

It does give him an extra option, but to say you're going to keep a bar at hand everytime just to go for the teleport is kinda ridiculous. A good lao player will burn his bar if he sees an opportunity to get damage with the ex spin. But you guys can ban him until it's fixed if you think it's a problem I just don't agree with the reasoning.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Sorry but how the fuck does something like this get through testing? I feel terrible for people heading to that tournament who play Kung Lao, but I reckon he should be banned to give NRS the rosy cheeks they deserve for this one.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Talking about DQing people for using the glitch, the hell is wrong with all of you guys Christ.

The way the glitches are activated are completely different. Lord this is why you don't leave things like this up to the greater community. Y'all woulda been having us play RCless CVS2 or VSAV without Renda Cancels or 3S without Urien & Oro Unblockables.
CVS2 might have been a good game then.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
What's better is to not teleport and not eat the 40% punish at all. It is better to block or just use ex spin, it is bad to assume you're going to guess wrong from the beginning. You're playing the wrong guessing game.

It does give him an extra option, but to say you're going to keep a bar at hand everytime just to go for the teleport is kinda ridiculous. A good lao player will burn his bar if he sees an opportunity to get damage with the ex spin. But you guys can ban him until it's fixed if you think it's a problem I just don't agree with the reasoning.
Dude, if you're down, with one bar and little life, wake-up tele, gain bar, break offense, be safe.