What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

Zoomer

Noob
I'm new to the MK games. I have played most of them but only single player button bashing/special spamming. I wasn't even aware that there was a high level scene for MK or Injustice. I started playing around last night trying to learn some kombos and I am struggling at the most basic step with Kung Lao. I managed to pull off a decent kombo with Kenshi, I think around 23%, after a short period of trying but I just can't get it going with Kung Lao. I really want to main Kung Lao if I can get anywhere decent at the game.

I started with one of his basic kombos, 11212, and I just can't get anything past the second hit. I have tried doing it fast, slow, somewhere in between. I tried adding a slight pause between 11 and 212 but nothing. Am I missing something? I have disabled negative edge, though I don't think that would be this issue here anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have always loved the MK games but single player soon gets boring but nowhere near as frustrating as being owned online because I can't even get a basic kombo going in training. Thanks in advance.

skater11

The saltiest
Are you looking for a small frame punish, low starter, overhead, or normal?
I'll get back to you but the highest damaging combos (No meter) I know of start with 44:

Midscreen:

44 RUN B3,2,1 xx SPIN xx ji3 xx d4 f1,4

Corner:

44 4 xx SPIN nj2 ji3 xx d4 f1,3
Nice thank you for this. It'd be nice if you wrote the percentages. Also, if there is a higher% combo that only uses 1 bar for both midscreen and corner, I'd like to know.

Edit: I feel as if I'm asking for too much but if you could hand me some low starting and overhead combos it'd be even better.

Last edited:
I'm new to the MK games. I have played most of them but only single player button bashing/special spamming. I wasn't even aware that there was a high level scene for MK or Injustice. I started playing around last night trying to learn some kombos and I am struggling at the most basic step with Kung Lao. I managed to pull off a decent kombo with Kenshi, I think around 23%, after a short period of trying but I just can't get it going with Kung Lao. I really want to main Kung Lao if I can get anywhere decent at the game.

I started with one of his basic kombos, 11212, and I just can't get anything past the second hit. I have tried doing it fast, slow, somewhere in between. I tried adding a slight pause between 11 and 212 but nothing. Am I missing something? I have disabled negative edge, though I don't think that would be this issue here anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have always loved the MK games but single player soon gets boring but nowhere near as frustrating as being owned online because I can't even get a basic kombo going in training. Thanks in advance.
I too had a little problem with this combo, it needs to be done insanely fast just keep trying it.

F4tal

Noob
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 48% (1 bar)

@coolwhip This is the one that I was saying that doesn't work in Buzz Saw.

@Clark L.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
4, 4 Run Cancel B3 2 1 - df1, JF 3 Dive Kick, B3 2 - Low Hat/ Hat Spin/ Hat Trap

Cant get the 1 to hit in the end so i cut it short

Here are my favorite BnBs, not very difficult on the inputs, and only the last two require the run mechanic. All are meter less and the last one is just a game ender if you have an X-ray saved up.

bambus

Noob
Is it bad to end a combo with d2? It does the most damage in most cases and is easy to pull off. Eg the end of the 44 run combo.

skater11

The saltiest
Is it bad to end a combo with d2? It does the most damage in most cases and is easy to pull off. Eg the end of the 44 run combo.
If you're going for the kill then go for it. But it's always better to get a hard knockdown. F14 would be better in most cases.

F4tal

Noob

Already been posted just posting a video showing it. I will probably do this for a lot of higher damaging combos just in case some one wanted to see an actual video of it. Kudos to whoever found this first. Really cool combo but too bad I only like Buzz Saw :p

F4tal

Noob
It isn't bad in terms of ending the round but ending with 21, B321, or B12 might put you in a better position to set up pressure or oki.

Zoomer

Noob
I too had a little problem with this combo, it needs to be done insanely fast just keep trying it.
Thanks for your help. I eventually managed to pull it off and you weren't joking about insanely fast. I had to use both hands to be able to press the buttons fast enough which isn't very practical, I couldn't get it just using one hand. Perhaps I am just getting too old :D

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
Thanks for your help. I eventually managed to pull it off and you weren't joking about insanely fast. I had to use both hands to be able to press the buttons fast enough which isn't very practical, I couldn't get it just using one hand. Perhaps I am just getting too old :D
that would be something you may have a better chance landing using a fight stick or one of those genesis style controllers with 6 buttons on the front like the pdp fight pad.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.

Here are my favorite BnBs, not very difficult on the inputs, and only the last two require the run mechanic. All are meter less and the last one is just a game ender if you have an X-ray saved up.
I like these. Not a fan of the 44 but these are good

I like these. Not a fan of the 44 but these are good
Yeah I find 44 to be high risk high reward, I use it mainly for conditioning the opponent and if I know my jump in is guaranteed. That damage is really nice though so I would recommend people mess around with it.

Isn't 44 poke-able though?. I swear a lot of people d1 me after blocking the first 4.
The 44 is interruptible if the first 4 whiffs, as long as that first 4 connects then they have to take the whole string. I find using the string on jump in ensures that the whole string connects because they are forced to block the jump in overhead which leaves them standing to take the first 4 which is a high. It's a situational move, I feel people are giving up on it when it really does have a little niche where it can really help out people's game. I was playing casuals with a very skilled player and the way I was using 44 I was rarely getting interrupted and actually getting Confirms because they'd try to interrupt the string when the first 4 hit and get blown up, free 35 percent.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Any tips on mixing up your opponent in the corner? Also I throw a lot because I have trouble mixing up in general, is that fine?

I like to do b2~db2 and b22~db2 for my mix up/ pressure thing because no one blocks low against him.

Also b22~exdf2 (hold)
When they get up they get hit by it meaning this can be used for set ups if you use b22 as an ender

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Any tips on mixing up your opponent in the corner? Also I throw a lot because I have trouble mixing up in general, is that fine?

I like to do b2~db2 and b22~db2 for my mix up/ pressure thing because no one blocks low against him.

Also b22~exdf2 (hold)
When they get up they get hit by it meaning this can be used for set ups if you use b22 as an ender

Some "strategies" at the end, grabbing is great! Definitely good for mixups. Do a grab like after 11 or if you hit them with like a d3. I've also been doing f23 which the 2nd hit is a low. (Unfortunately it sucks on block.) What I've been doing if they anticipate the low after f2, is do just f2,Then do b2 because they expect the low

Also b22~exdf2 (hold)
B2 db2 is great in the footsie game, I'd say don't be afraid to do it twice in a row if the first time hits they have to take it again and try to block it, and I've notice people have a lot of trouble trying to block it. After a b2 db2 that hits, I usually (depending on the opponent) go for it again, do a f23 into a spin for a full combo (switch the spin to low hat if they block) or go for a jump 2 into 44 and try to get some big damage.

As for the corner I don't try and really mix up the opponent. If they have a good wake up I'll be cautious and wait for a punish or try and make it whiff. If they don't wake up then I'll throw out a f23 or a b22. A nice gimmick for people who have gotten used to your block strings is to throw out a f2 and instead of completing the string with a 3, go straight into a b2 low hat or spin. People expect the low to come out and that overhead catches them off guard. Once the threat has been made you'll notice you might get more milage out of f23. Also throw are perfectly viable if you see an opportunity go for it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The 44 is interruptible if the first 4 whiffs, as long as that first 4 connects then they have to take the whole string. I find using the string on jump in ensures that the whole string connects because they are forced to block the jump in overhead which leaves them standing to take the first 4 which is a high. It's a situational move, I feel people are giving up on it when it really does have a little niche where it can really help out people's game. I was playing casuals with a very skilled player and the way I was using 44 I was rarely getting interrupted and actually getting Confirms because they'd try to interrupt the string when the first 4 hit and get blown up, free 35 percent.
Armour or backdash, 44 is a waste of a string outside of punishing tbh.
Same applies to F23, but the F2 by itself is good for tic throws and baiting D1s to punish with B321

The way Buzzsaw works is:

Low hats on hit grant you a free 11 string on block which they HAVE to block, cant armour, cant backdash, cant duck. IF they respect that, then you can start abusing low hats and overheads to regain advantage and rinse/repeat. Mixing in throws etc. You just gotta keep advantage from either a low hat, a D4 or an overhead into a low hat. Considering he doesnt really have a way to get big damage outside of whiff punishes.

Last edited: