What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Post all the new and damaging kung lao combos here in a neat thread!:

11212/ B12/ F23 any of these strings into spin NJP, jk dk, F14

B321 ex straight hat run B32spin, jk dk, 21

B321 into EX Buzz Saw, Run, B3 into Spin, J4 into Dive kick then end with 21

44, run, B32~spin, JK~DK for 35%

j2 b2spin dk 4ExStraightHat b321
j2 f23spin dk 4ExStraightHat B321

B3,21 - Ex df1 - Straight jump 2 - jump forward 3 - dive kick right after hit - b3,2 bf 2 ------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 -------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 ------- 26% (no meter, hit confirmable)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df 1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 34% (1 bar)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 -------- 24% (meterless)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 38% (1 bar)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ---------- 28% (meterless)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 48% (1 bar)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ------ Cant remember the damage, but its good (meterless).
Incase 4,4 doesnt reach you can use f2,3 for better range:
Teleport 3 - f2,3 - df1 - forward jump 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 39% (1 bar)
In Corner 1 bar: JIP2 B321 EX Hat B321 Spin NJP2 DK Grab - 39%
In corner meterless: JIP2 44 1 1 1 11 Spin NJP2 DK Grab - 31%

Last edited:

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I've found the forward 2 3 and the back 2 into the spin are great for mixing up. Not a whole lot of damage yet. But working on it

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
f14 is better but i like the 21 for the space it provides if you want that little push to get someone in the corner
Ah got you. When you do the combo you posted. How do you cancel the run? Just start the next combo? Or hit block then start

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Ah got you. When you do the combo you posted. How do you cancel the run? Just start the next combo? Or hit block then start
when you run you should only tap the block button, because you can start any combo straight out of the run. the run will cancel itself out when you input the string. so after the hat, run, then immediately start the b32. we can play a set and i'll show you:)

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
when you run you should only tap the block button, because you can start any combo straight out of the run. the run will cancel itself out when you input the string. so after the hat, run, then immediately start the b32. we can play a set and i'll show you:)
Are you on ps4 or xb

Clark L.

F1 ftw.

so I know the b321 is a more damaging starter. but I came up with a couple of these for mixup purposes. first one is over head, 2nd one is low

Ok so ive spent alot of time in the lab trying to figure out midscreen BnB's for kung lao in tempest variation.. aaaand these are the most damaging combos I can come up with from all his useful tools. Not quite sure of all the notation you guys are using, so im gonna write some of it in words.

B3,21 - Ex df1 - Straight jump 2 - jump forward 3 - dive kick right after hit - b3,2 bf 2 ------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)

F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 -------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 ------- 26% (no meter, hit confirmable)

B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df 1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 34% (1 bar)

Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 38% (1 bar)

Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 48% (1 bar)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ------ Cant remember the damage, but its good (meterless).

Teleport 3 - f2,3 - df1 - forward jump 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 39% (1 bar)

The most damaging ender is his straight jump 2 into d2 after ex df1.. Im not sure if its possible to do a similar ender with buzzsaw, but I will test it asap :)

In the corner the only kind of useful combo I found was from his shield in the tempest variation.. you can combo into 4,4 if you hit with the shield:

Shield hit (db1) - 4,4 - 1,1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - b3,2 - df1 ------- 40% (1 bar)

Im pretty sure all of these combos are max damage from his most useful strings/tools. Enjoy!

coolwhip

Noob
you think 21 is best combo ender?
21 is actually techable. F14 is the best combo ender as it's a true hard knockdown and leaves the opponent right underneath you, it's also more damaging in many combos (but does the same damage in others, it's weird). If they don't have meter, you literally get free pressure off of a f14 ender.

When possible, based on gravity, b321 is a really good ender too (provided the last hit actually hits, which again, is dependent on gravity) and in buzzsaw, allows for some ex hat shenanigans on OKI, since you can cancel it into grinding hat (air, grounded or straight).

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
I've found the forward 2 3 and the back 2 into the spin are great for mixing up. Not a whole lot of damage yet. But working on it
F23 is a really good string but it's backdashable in between the two hits. However, your opponent has to be really on point and you can always condition him with f21. b22 is a really good string that can be cancelled into low hat or mixed up by doing b2~low hat for a small 50/50.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ok so ive spent alot of time in the lab trying to figure out midscreen BnB's for kung lao in tempest variation.. aaaand these are the most damaging combos I can come up with from all his useful tools. Not quite sure of all the notation you guys are using, so im gonna write some of it in words.

The most damaging ender is his straight jump 2 into d2 after ex df1.. Im not sure if its possible to do a similar ender with buzzsaw, but I will test it asap :)

In the corner the only kind of useful combo I found was from his shield in the tempest variation.. you can combo into 4,4 if you hit with the shield:

Shield hit (db1) - 4,4 - 1,1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - b3,2 - df1 ------- 40% (1 bar)

Im pretty sure all of these combos are max damage from his most useful strings/tools. Enjoy!
F23 isnt a useful string, its death on block.
Same applies to B22 and B2 spin, but B22 itself can be useful.
4 4 can be backdashed/armoured through, so I avoid that move most of the time.

21 is actually techable. F14 is the best combo ender as it's a true hard knockdown and leaves the opponent right underneath you, it's also more damaging in many combos (but does the same damage in others, it's weird). If they don't have meter, you literally get free pressure off of a f14 ender.

When possible, based on gravity, b321 is a really good ended too (provided the last hit actually hits, which again, is dependent on gravity) and in buzzsaw, allows for some ex hat shenanigans on OKI, since you can cancel it into grinding hat (air, grounded or straight).
I finish with B321 every time, allows you to set up hats in whatever variation you're in.

Hard knockdowns dont really matter if you're gonna use B3 on their wakeup anyway. That move will kill backdashes & tech rolls.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
yea ive been ending with b321 every time. works well. yea f23 isn't fun when blocked, have to add ex low hat or something

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I love that kl has a special cancellable hkd in b321. I haven't had much time with the game and still figuring out who I want to use but he's a front runner ATM.

coolwhip

Noob
F23 isnt a useful string, its death on block.
Same applies to B22 and B2 spin, but B22 itself can be useful.
But in buzzsaw, all of these strings can be made safe by canceling with low hat. If you can learn to block confirm f23 into low hat and hit confirm it into spin, I think it can be pretty good.

Also f23 is a godlike whiff punisher and it has better range than b3, even though on the whole, his b3 string is his best string.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I may be in a minority here but I'm mostly interested in hat trick. And have been working on converting off hat hits. Hopefully it ends up being a viable variation but I want to spend more time with the character and hopefully get games in to see how it could work. Is f12 special cancellable?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
ooooh boy you guys are gonna like this one, ready?

2 bars, what pretty much can be described as a command grab into a full combo.

MB teleport 1 MB, imediately b321spin, j3d4, f14 or 21 ender. 43% or 41% depending on which one you use and can be used midscreen.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
My highest 1 bar in the corner is 44, 4~spin, j3, j3d3, 21 (37%)
Hard to pull of because of the insane start up frames on 44. But after getting in their heads with f23 low hat over and over I got it twice in one round

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
My highest 1 bar in the corner is 44, 4~spin, j3, j3d3, 21 (37%)
Hard to pull of because of the insane start up frames on 44. But after getting in their heads with f23 low hat over and over I got it twice in one round
AtK did over a 40% In the corner Tuesday just messing around in practice.. can't remember it atm. It did start with 44. Pretty sure there was a standing 4 ex buzzsaw

Last edited: