What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
AtK did over a 40% In the corner Tuesday just messing around in practice.. can't remember it atm. It did start with 44. Pretty sure there was a standing 4 ex buzzsaw
I usually try to avoid meter because that extra 4% may be handy but if I have no meter to make up spin or teleport then I have to wake up at all. Also those wake up EX spin combos can get atleast 20% which is worth saving the meter for

coolwhip

Noob
This might aswell be called Buzzsaw combo thread.

All hail the tempest master race.
Do you plan on making a tempest guide sharing some tricks and strategies? Or even a Kung Lao overall guide... It doesn't even have to be a guide, but since you're one of the few using tempest, I'd like to know how you're approaching that variation.

YoShadowFiend

"I will not be so passive, in your demise."
only during juggle. spin won't reach if you do it raw.
raw b321 you can ex spin or ex buzzsaw hat right after

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I've been playing with hat trick Lao a bit. I also haven't had internet since the game came out and I'm not sure if any major changes like that were made. But I'll try again in a bit

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I'm actually usin hat trick but I feel like buzz saw is probably the better variation. I've also put virtually no time at all into tempest

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Does d3 or d4 link into spin? If so I guess that would make a 50/50 between b2 spin and d3/4 spin. Would test but I'm at work
I'm at work too, and forgive me if I'm wrong (people love pointing it out), but I believe no. D3/4 doesn't link to spin. That's why I use f23 :/

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Yeah I tested it out. It would have been badass but I guess there are other ways to mix it up. But anyways I think I'm going to end up a Kung Lao main. I found a few things and I'm really feeling the hat trick variation

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Yeah I tested it out. It would have been badass but I guess there are other ways to mix it up. But anyways I think I'm going to end up a Kung Lao main. I found a few things and I'm really feeling the hat trick variation
Hat trick is his one I haven't messed with. I love buzz saw . Need to try hat trick out for sure. I think I just like having low hat for mixups and pressure.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Are we friends on xbox? We should get some games in

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I don't have Internet till Saturday. Of all weeks for Comcast to fuck up they picked this week.

But yes some shit I literally just found out tonight that made me like him more... I just love traps and shit. I still have a lot of tinkering to do with him.

It's too bad d3/4 doesn't link but that may have ended up too good or something. If you mb'ed a throw in the corner he'd have a great mixup.

Yea we should still be friends. You must love dive kicks.

1 last thing I found b321 is actually holier than I thought. I set kl to reversal ex spin which is 6f I think and as far as I know the fastest special in the game( possibly a few characters with 5f normals or specials but I would need to tinker more or find out what they are) anyway at certain ranges ex spin would beat the b3*2 gap and at others 2 would blow up ex spin on startup and at some ranges he couldn't even get it out. He also blew up the b32*1 a lot but I knew there was at least a backdash able gap there.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I don't have Internet till Saturday. Of all weeks for Comcast to fuck up they picked this week.

But yes some shit I literally just found out tonight that made me like him more... I just love traps and shit. I still have a lot of tinkering to do with him.

It's too bad d3/4 doesn't link but that may have ended up too good or something. If you mb'ed a throw in the corner he'd have a great mixup.

Yea we should still be friends. You must love dive kicks.

1 last thing I found b321 is actually holier than I thought. I set kl to reversal ex spin which is 6f I think and as far as I know the fastest special in the game( possibly a few characters with 5f normals or specials but I would need to tinker more or find out what they are) anyway at certain ranges ex spin would beat the b3*2 gap and at others 2 would blow up ex spin on startup and at some ranges he couldn't even get it out. He also blew up the b32*1 a lot but I knew there was at least a backdash able gap there.
Dive kicks are life. So are fast characters with great normals and specials :p. But yes. We should play when you get internet. He has a lot of stuff going for him already that needs to be optimized. His ex spin is ridiculous.

YoShadowFiend

"I will not be so passive, in your demise."
Another 4,4 Corner Punish, mixed it up a little towards the end. You do have the choice of doing 2,1 for a little bit of Okizeme nets you about 39% or 38%? You also have the choice of Uppercutting to get to 42% but i'd recommend that if it's a kill.

[UPDATE]

I forgot you can combo off certain height uppercut, and after 30 mins of trying out different string, all i can fit was b21, 1,1, f1. so i just decided to uppercut again lol. yay 46%

Last edited:

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I know it isn't practical and that meter is 5x as important, but this is a nifty x-ray. Especially online since almost everyone forgets to block lol.

Ji2, 44, xray - 44%

Post all the new and damaging kung lao combos here in a neat thread!:

11212/ B12/ F23 any of these strings into spin NJP, jk dk, F14

B321 ex straight hat run B32spin, jk dk, 21

B321 into EX Buzz Saw, Run, B3 into Spin, J4 into Dive kick then end with 21

44, run, B32~spin, JK~DK for 35%

j2 b2spin dk 4ExStraightHat b321
j2 f23spin dk 4ExStraightHat B321

B3,21 - Ex df1 - Straight jump 2 - jump forward 3 - dive kick right after hit - b3,2 bf 2 ------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 -------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 ------- 26% (no meter, hit confirmable)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df 1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 34% (1 bar)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 -------- 24% (meterless)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 38% (1 bar)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ---------- 28% (meterless)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 48% (1 bar)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ------ Cant remember the damage, but its good (meterless).
Incase 4,4 doesnt reach you can use f2,3 for better range:
Teleport 3 - f2,3 - df1 - forward jump 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 39% (1 bar)
Heres a video of some pretty practical corner combos, great for ending a match in a brutality.