What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

Varion

Noob
I need some serious help combing. Is this ever going to get easier? I've spent a good 5 hours in the dojo today. I can land b123 into ex hat 8/10 times from both sides.....

During a match I can land it like barely ever, I think too much?

Don't even get me started on trying to do something after I get past the ex hat, can't remember things.

Any tips? :(

F4tal

Noob

Not sure if posted already just trying to get what I can on video to show in case someone hasnt seen.

F4tal

Noob
Post all the new and damaging kung lao combos here in a neat thread!:

11212/ B12/ F23 any of these strings into spin NJP, jk dk, F14

B321 ex straight hat run B32spin, jk dk, 21

B321 into EX Buzz Saw, Run, B3 into Spin, J4 into Dive kick then end with 21

44, run, B32~spin, JK~DK for 35%

j2 b2spin dk 4ExStraightHat b321
j2 f23spin dk 4ExStraightHat B321

B3,21 - Ex df1 - Straight jump 2 - jump forward 3 - dive kick right after hit - b3,2 bf 2 ------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 -------- 35% (1 bar, hit confirmable string)
F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 ------- 26% (no meter, hit confirmable)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df 1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 34% (1 bar)
B2 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2 - bf2 -------- 24% (meterless)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 38% (1 bar)
Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ---------- 28% (meterless)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 ---------- 48% (1 bar)
Teleport 3 - 4,4 - Run cancel b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - bf2 ------ Cant remember the damage, but its good (meterless).
Incase 4,4 doesnt reach you can use f2,3 for better range:
Teleport 3 - f2,3 - df1 - forward jump 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 39% (1 bar)

Some of these are for the Tempest variation just an fyi so people aren't confused by the thread title.

Dont know if these are posted yet but heres some good EX Hat Grinder (BF2) based strings courtesy of JWong:

MIDSCREEN: B321 - EX Hat Grinder(BF2) - RUN - B32 - Spin(DF1) Jump Divekick - 21

CORNER: B321 - EX Hat Grinder (BF2) - B32 - Spin(DF1) - Jump1 - Jump(U/F)1 - Divekick - Spin(DF1)

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Dont know if these are posted yet but heres some good EX Hat Grinder (BF2) based strings courtesy of JWong:

MIDSCREEN: B321 - EX Hat Grinder(BF2) - RUN - B32 - Spin(DF1) Jump Divekick - 21

CORNER: B321 - EX Hat Grinder (BF2) - B32 - Spin(DF1) - Jump1 - Jump(U/F)1 - Divekick - Spin(DF1)
The first one I'm sure has been mentioned somewhere. It's a good one. How much does the 2nd one do?

hey guys i have problems with the : B3,21 - Ex df1 - Straight jump 2 - jump forward 3 - dive kick right after hit - b3,2 bf 2
combo.. i can only connect the b3, 2 at the end but no bf2 or db 2 or the full b3,2,1 string and i don*t know what i'm doing wrong.. i jump as early as possible and i cancel the jump forward 3 as early as possible into the divekick

Yo, really new to the scene, mkx is my first fighting game. I've been trying to learn some of Kung Lao's midscreen combos, but a lot of them appear to have: B3,2,1 - DF1 in the middle of the string, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to hit that. The B3,2,1 or B3,2 always pushes them too far away for the DF1 to hit when I'm using this variation. I'm using a keyboard on a pc (super newb I know) if that makes a difference.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Yo, really new to the scene, mkx is my first fighting game. I've been trying to learn some of Kung Lao's midscreen combos, but a lot of them appear to have: B3,2,1 - DF1 in the middle of the string, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to hit that. The B3,2,1 or B3,2 always pushes them too far away for the DF1 to hit when I'm using this variation. I'm using a keyboard on a pc (super newb I know) if that makes a difference.
you have to enhance the df1. To enhance df1 hit block the same time you hit 1.

you have to enhance the df1. To enhance df1 hit block the same time you hit 1.
I agree that that's what makes the most sense (since it's the only way I can get it to connect) but what about this one bar kombo listed on the first page?

Teleport 2 - b3,2,1 - df1 - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 --------- 38% (1 bar)

It has b3,2,1 - df1 & b3,2,1 - ex df1. So I feel like there must be a way to connect with the non EX spin?

Clark L.

F1 ftw.

I started a small little series on my YT channel. Here is some of my early ranked games with kung lao buzzsaw. (already had some beers, dropped a lot of shit.)

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Is B12 not a viable combo starter? From what I remember, it comes out faster than B321 and moves forward a lot too.

My regular bnb for punishes is B12 spin njp j3 dk B321 for like 21% no meter. Thoughts?

Beach

La mejor playa
Is B12 not a viable combo starter? From what I remember, it comes out faster than B321 and moves forward a lot too.

My regular bnb for punishes is B12 spin njp j3 dk B321 for like 21% no meter. Thoughts?
Atleast from my experience, I've had better results punishing with F2 as it has better reach.

skater11

The saltiest
Call me lazy but I don't really feel like searching all over YouTube or threads...does anyone know the highest mid screen and corner combo possible with the buzz saw variation of Kung Lao?

Edit: practical advanced combos. Not unpractical Combos please.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick

I can't play for a while, but I thought the thread agreed F1,3 was a better ender than 2,1? How much would that do for these strings?

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Call me lazy but I don't really feel like searching all over YouTube or threads...does anyone know the highest mid screen and corner combo possible with the buzz saw variation of Kung Lao?

Edit: practical advanced combos. Not unpractical Combos please.
Are you looking for a small frame punish, low starter, overhead, or normal?
I'll get back to you but the highest damaging combos (No meter) I know of start with 44:

Midscreen:

44 RUN B3,2,1 xx SPIN xx ji3 xx d4 f1,4

Corner:

44 4 xx SPIN nj2 ji3 xx d4 f1,3

bambus

Noob
As of know my go to combo starter is B321 or F23 and sometimes B22 when there is room for it. If it hits, you can spin or EX spin if not i just do a low hat.

B321 ex spin NJ2 D2 (32%)

Ji2 44 run B321 spin D2. (37%) This one required a bit practice but now i can do it every time. Have patience, don't give it up its very good and meterless. It will probably be nerfed even though it can be tricky to master. Neutral 44 can be risky so i prefer Ji unless i can get a read.

F23 spin Ji2 D2

If blocked i just to a low hat.

coolwhip

Noob
F23 should mainly be used as a punisher since it's backdashable/you can armor through it. You can use it in pressure, don't get me wrong, but if it's against someone who knows what they're doing, condition them to respect f21 (which isn't interruptable) so that they don't want t0 take the risk.

Optimized meterless damage for a f23 combo that I found so far is f23 jump punch, jump kick dive kick f14 for 26% (PS: the jump punch is an air forward jump punch, not neutral jump punch).