What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
whats kung jin best dive kick meterless combo and with 1 bar? also does anyone know his anti air combos?
The meterless dive kick combo I've been doing is DK x Run cancel, 3 x Swat, B21 x Swing for 32 percent I believe. You can also do run up 34 x Swing after the Swat instead of B21. For a bar I suppose you can EX the Swat, but I've found it best to conserve meter for wakeup Swings or Flip Kick (OH cartwheel kick).

Malarkey

The timing on that bf4, 4~bf4 is so strict. I'm dropping it 80% of the time. Gotta hit the lab and spend a few more hours on just that. Will. Be. Worth It.
That combo is similar to mine, but much more difficult lol Try Starter x Swat, 4 x Swat, JI4 x DK, 34 x Swing. Much easier, full damage.

ma
The meterless dive kick combo I've been doing is DK x Run cancel, 3 x Swat, B21 x Swing for 32 percent I believe. You can also do run up 34 x Swing after the Swat instead of B21. For a bar I suppose you can EX the Swat, but I've found it best to conserve meter for wakeup Swings or Flip Kick (OH cartwheel kick).
many thanks . and if any one has discovered any anti air combos in bojutsu i would be much appreciated. or in ancestral

Malarkey

Hello fellow Kung Chin mains! I've been playing this beast of a character since day two, but haven't posted here much yet. I am very, very high on KJ and the tools he has, and frankly I can't understand why he isn't more popular. His space control and normals remind me of Aquaman actually.

If you are interested in seeing some KJ, we actually have two (maybe three) of them at my local tonight, from Northern California. Our Twitch link is Twitch.Tv/BlockingLT and we will be streaming our tournament at 5pm PST, with some casuals before hand as well. If anyone drops by the stream chat and I'm on the mic I would love to discuss some Kung Chin.

Here are my go to combos, which I think has the best balance of practicality and damage.

Starter x Swat, JI2 (or JI4 but it's more strict) x DK, B21 x Swing/Lunge Kick. I also like to end my combos with 11, F3 for the hard knockdown and oki setup. So you would run cancel after the dive kick into 11 x F3. Depending on your timing you may be able to hit the F3 without run canceling after the 11, but you can play it safe and skip the 11 and just do F3. 11 recovers at a crazy fast 4 frames, so you can actually input the F3 without a run cancel and hit it.

Corner: Starter x Swat, 4 x Swat, JI4 x DK, 34 x Swing, or end in 11, F3 for oki.

Off Divekick: DK x Run cancel, 3 x Swat, run x 34 x swing. 32 percent meterless.

All of these can be ended with MB throw for a 50/50 restand.

PS, is there a character council for KJ yet?

PSS This should have gone in the general discussion but oh well.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
If you are interested in seeing some KJ, we actually have two (maybe three) of them at my local tonight, from Northern California. Our Twitch link is Twitch.Tv/BlockingLT and we will be streaming our tournament at 5pm PST,
Where at in NorCal? anywhere near Chico?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I've now played a pretty long set with a Grandmaster Sub Zero on the Bojitsu variation, followed up by hitting the lab. I can confirm he is going to be a problem.

Extreme patience is required when he's turtling. The SZ I played would keep backing up with clones and frost balls, and clone tosses. If you get to close, he'll have a clone out and do a B2, making it safe. This asshole would also back himself up to a escape interactible in the corner, use it, and then continue to back up the other direction. Outzoning him is impossible.

This is a MU that you have to count on mistakes. You have to find openings and move in quick, sometimes YOLOing BF3. Anticipate slides and B2s and punish the fuck out of him. The only way to beat him is to get the life lead.

Way too early for MU numbers, but this is a winning MU for SZ IMHO.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I've now played a pretty long set with a Grandmaster Sub Zero, followed up by hitting the lab. I can confirm he is going to be a problem.

Extreme patience is required when he's turtling. The SZ I played would keep backing up with clones and frost balls, and clone tosses. If you get to close, he'll have a clone out and do a B2, making it safe. This asshole would also back himself up to a escape interactible in the corner, use it, and then continue to back up the other direction. Outzoning him is impossible.

This is a MU that you have to count on mistakes. You have to find openings and move in quick, sometimes YOLOing BF3. Anticipate slides and B2s and punish the fuck out of him. The only way to beat him is to get the life lead.

This with Bojutsu, correct?

Quick Question: I'm not at home to test it, does the low arrow in Ancestral and the low chakram in Shaolin cause Jin to duck below an Ice Ball (or other projectiles?)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

Quick Question: I'm not at home to test it, does the low arrow in Ancestral and the low chakram in Shaolin cause Jin to duck below an Ice Ball (or other projectiles?)
Yes, this was in Bojitsu. I edited my post to reflect that. I dont know about his other variations because I'm still pretty focused on all things Bojitsu.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?

IMHO Sub is a problem in general in this game. Hes def one of the best.

boxbrosg

Noob
Ancestral wont fair much better I don't think. Bojitsu has a few additional ground options that ancestral doesn't get. The db4 advice given earlier in the this thread seems to be the best option when trying to deal with ice clone block strings. I also found if your quick you can do b1,4 which if you happen to have an arrow charged is a free combo but if they block the first low the 4 will get you frozen.

With that said, it seems like sub can just down block either of those options if he is expecting it. You won't get frozen on the db+4 option and it will force him to block the low which might open up mixing arrows in to destroy the clone. Either way, he seems like a huge pain right now and with the OS tech that is coming out it's only going to make it worse.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
It feels like the kitana match up is extremely difficult for kung jin. That bitch is so annoying.

And found a new combo for starting with a divekick. Dive kick, b2 bo swat, run cancel 34 bo spin-31%

Malarkey

It feels like the kitana match up is extremely difficult for kung jin. That bitch is so annoying.

And found a new combo for starting with a divekick. Dive kick, b2 bo swat, run cancel 34 bo spin-31%
Dude, thank you for that divekick combo, that is definitely going to become my bnb.

boxbrosg

Noob

Nope, you will get frozen/hit in the face if you try to arrow under other projectiles

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

Using Bojitsu, I've now played 4 different characters with good zoning. Jin is going to have issue with anyone who can back up and zone well. This is the detail I think we need to focus on.