What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

To further elaborate on my setup above.

B12 cannot be backdashed, nor can B21. This leads to some pretty interesting mixups.

Here is the damage potential of this setup.

221~low ex rang Ji2 34 = 26%

B12~low ex rang ji2 34 = 22%

F24~low ex rang ji2 34 = 22%

B214~low ex rang ji2 34 = 25%

From this position: B12 and B23 are guaranteed. There is nothing the opponent can do about it. They cannot backdash, jump nor move at all.

B12~Rising Kick D4 =19 percent additional damage total of 45 to 41% 1 bar. Hard Knockdown.

B214(low)~Rising Kick D4 = 23% additional damage for a total of 49 - 45% 1 bar. Hard Knockdown.

B21 2+4 (overhead) = 14% additional damage for a total of 40 - 36% 1 bar. Techable Knockdown.

F24~rising kick D4 = 19% additional damage for a total of 45 to 41% 1 bar. - This is backdashable.

The best part is? All of these options are pretty much safe due to pushback and distance. The unsafest option is -7. B12 can be confirmed into B123 for a safe (-2) string.

So we are looking at some pretty hefty damage here off of a pretty narly mixup. You can also get greedy when the opponent respects this and do a JI2 (VERY easy to condition) which adds to the chip + damage potential. You can also continue the mixup by doing any of the strings above into yet ANOTHER low chakram and keep them locked down for the same mixup.

Would you guys like a video of this?
Yeh dude a video would be great, I'm currently trying to get into the Shaolin Variation

Varion

Noob
So this is the first MK game I've played since MKII but for corner combo in ancestral I'm liking:

*freeze arrow loaded* Divekick, 34xx343~low arrow, (load freeze arrow) 343~flying kick = 37%

37%, no meter, leaves you right in their face with an arrow loaded for another mixup on wakeup (either b14~arrow or f24~arrow) which re-freezes and the vortex starts again.
Got another good one. I happened to watch Shang tsungs fight bight right when @FOREVER KING was messing around with kung jin in practice.

Corner- (starter), bo swat, 4 bo swat, 343 bo spin- 38-41% no bar
cant hit 4 -boswat

Last edited:

Varion

Noob
Wow. I've been playing fighting games for a month and I can land this finally 80% of the time in training

(starter)~Bo Swat, nj2, ji~divekick, b21~Bo Swing = 32-35% (33-36% with ji2)

Never been so proud

What more do I need to focus on learning/seems like most combos are like this? What do I learn next?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Wow. I've been playing fighting games for a month and I can land this finally 80% of the time in training

(starter)~Bo Swat, nj2, ji~divekick, b21~Bo Swing = 32-35% (33-36% with ji2)

Never been so proud

What more do I need to focus on learning/seems like most combos are like this? What do I learn next?
AWESOME! Now just keep working on the combo until you get it 100% of the time. Consistency is huge. After you get your combos down, feel free to go online and play some sets...you may get wrecked at first but it's all part of learning something new. Make sure you note what works and what doesn't. The range of Kung Jin's attacks is huge to keep track of. Knowing how far of a reach his has on each of his attacks is really important on space control. I know it's early in your FGC career and it's a lot to take in but don't give up. We all started somewhere. And don't be afraid to ask questions, I'm always willing to help

Varion

Noob
AWESOME! Now just keep working on the combo until you get it 100% of the time. Consistency is huge. After you get your combos down, feel free to go online and play some sets...you may get wrecked at first but it's all part of learning something new. Make sure you note what works and what doesn't. The range of Kung Jin's attacks is huge to keep track of. Knowing how far of a reach his has on each of his attacks is really important on space control. I know it's early in your FGC career and it's a lot to take in but don't give up. We all started somewhere. And don't be afraid to ask questions, I'm always willing to help
When I landed that Kombo my eyes lit up. I've done it a bunch now so hopefully I remember it tomorrow.

How many combos should I learn before going online? A corner combo? What a punish is?

I don't think just knowing this one kombo is enough? So what would you learn next? (Other than spacing, and range)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
When I landed that Kombo my eyes lit up. I've done it a bunch now so hopefully I remember it tomorrow.

How many combos should I learn before going online? A corner combo? What a punish is?

I don't think just knowing this one kombo is enough? So what would you learn next? (Other than spacing, and range)
It's not, I know there are videos on youtube going over all of the basics of playing fighting games at a high level. Find them and check them out!