What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

TalS

Noob
~ or xx mean cancel the string into the special. Basically start the input for the special immediately after the 1 in 221.

mb or ex mean do the enhanced version of the attack by holding block with the last button of the special.

I'm also guessing the db4 in that combo is meant to be db3...cuz db4 results in a hard knockdown (or brutality).
I'm pretty sure A in xbox controllers is 4, isn't it? Also, you might be thinking about a different varaition than I am. I'm talking about Shaolin.

What you're saying is that I probably fail because I'm doing the combo part (~) too slowly?

Mb is meter burn. You have to use a bar of meter for the combo to work.

As for your combo, I didn't realize his flip kick had a second strike. Am I reading the input correct?
The special attack is called 'Up Kick' and it does have a second part, I think it does overhead damage and knocks the enemy down. He does it with his knee while falling down.

------
Is it possible that I do the combo TOO fast/slow? Because it's not only that specific combo that isn't working, the same thing also happens sometimes when I use chakram throw or try to combo the string with X-ray.

And another question. When the combo says Chakram throw does it mean normal chakram throw? Because I find low Chakram throw easier to use while doing the combo (just because that I can mix things up with 1 for throw, 3 for overhead damage and 4 for the kick special)

Here's the special:
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/527261519573511457/B01A5A44E6AAD629EC560F8BCE047D90AB82CC8A/

I also now notice that it shouldn't be d+3 but d3, but it is not the part that messes up my combo so we can ignore this mistake for now :blush:

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I'm pretty sure A in xbox controllers is 4, isn't it? Also, you might be thinking about a different varaition than I am. I'm talking about Shaolin.

What you're saying is that I probably fail because I'm doing the combo part (~) too slowly?

The special attack is called 'Up Kick' and it does have a second part, I think it does overhead damage and knocks the enemy down. He does it with his knee while falling down.

------
Is it possible that I do the combo TOO fast/slow? Because it's not only that specific combo that isn't working, the same thing also happens sometimes when I use chakram throw or try to combo the string with X-ray.

And another question. When the combo says Chakram throw does it mean normal chakram throw? Because I find low Chakram throw easier to use while doing the combo (just because that I can mix things up with 1 for throw, 3 for overhead damage and 4 for the kick special)

Here's the special:
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/527261519573511457/B01A5A44E6AAD629EC560F8BCE047D90AB82CC8A/

I also now notice that it shouldn't be d+3 but d3, but it is not the part that messes up my combo so we can ignore this mistake for now :blush:
Oh! I haven't messed with Shaolin that much. My bad

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
A is 3 and B is 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, that is what I went by in Injustice (I don't think it would have changed).

Just work on the timing. Some strings require a narrow window you have to input the special cancelable in and you can't mash XD

8cto

Blake Griffin's Chariot
I've been using his bd 4 (not sure how to input this command, its a normal (low attack). Has ridiculous range and is underutilized by Kung Jin players. Much safer on block if you keep the distance in check.
Are you talking about his b4 sweep?

The range on that thing is ridic

edit: I see what you mean now, yeah. It's easier to input if you hold the b+d instead of bd like a string.

TalS

Noob
A is 3 and B is 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, that is what I went by in Injustice (I don't think it would have changed).

Just work on the timing. Some strings require a narrow window you have to input the special cancelable in and you can't mash XD
So what you're saying is I should just do the combo faster?

ando1184

Noob
So I've been having trouble with characters like scorpion who would constantly do a safe string and immediately jump over you for a cross up punch combo and rinse and repeat. The issue is d2 whiffs, neutral jump punch whiffs point blank, and u1 whiffs and is slow start up. I went to the lab to try and get around this tech and what I've come up with is D1 and D3. D1 and d3 both AA a cross up attempt and can be converted into a combo but I find d1 more reliable since it's faster start up. I just wanted to share this because I know that shit is annoying to deal with, especially online.

8cto

Blake Griffin's Chariot
Not sure if anyone posted this Bojutsu midscreen no meter yet:
29% and pressures pretty far across screen.
b214~bo swat(bf4), ji air dive(d4), b21~lunge kick(bf3)

Bender

So I've been having trouble with characters like scorpion who would constantly do a safe string and immediately jump over you for a cross up punch combo and rinse and repeat. The issue is d2 whiffs, neutral jump punch whiffs point blank, and u1 whiffs and is slow start up. I went to the lab to try and get around this tech and what I've come up with is D1 and D3. D1 and d3 both AA a cross up attempt and can be converted into a combo but I find d1 more reliable since it's faster start up. I just wanted to share this because I know that shit is annoying to deal with, especially online.
I think if you wait until he is on the other side of the crossover, d2/ u1 should connect. You could also try NJ3 or 4.

Thanks for the share, I tend to let characters cross me without punish far too often.

Bender

So what you're saying is I should just do the combo faster?
I'm not 100% sure. I use a different variation but don't have any trouble canceling a special in his 221 string. I think there is a pause between the 22 and the 1. Try inputting it during that pause.

ando1184

Noob
I think if you wait until he is on the other side of the crossover, d2/ u1 should connect. You could also try NJ3 or 4.

Thanks for the share, I tend to let characters cross me without punish far too often.
Sorry if it wasn't clear but that's what I meant. After they jump over you, d1 interrupts their crossover attempt and can be converted into a combo. U1 just sucks imo, and d2 gets stuffed sometimes bc it's slow on start up. I mean d2 does work if you immidiately do it after turning around but d1 is 6f start up and has a big enough hit box to stuff their attack.

Bender

Sorry if it wasn't clear but that's what I meant. After they jump over you, d1 interrupts their crossover attempt and can be converted into a combo. U1 just sucks imo, and d2 gets stuffed sometimes bc it's slow on start up. I mean d2 does work if you immidiately do it after turning around but d1 is 6f start up and has a big enough hit box to stuff their attack.
Have you tried NJ4? It does okay damage and sets you up for his mix up game on wakeup - I need to test and make sure it consistently wins.

U1 can go into JI3 xx D4, 34 xx BF3 for good damage. Sometimes you can't get the JI3 in time and have to go straight into Jump Forward xx D4, 34 xx BF3

What do you use to follow up d1?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Not sure if anyone posted this Bojutsu midscreen no meter yet:
29% and pressures pretty far across screen.
b214~bo swat(bf4), ji air dive(d4), b21~lunge kick(bf3)
You're cutting your combos short. Midscreen with b214 bo swat, do run cancel 3 bo swat ji divekick, step forward 34 bo spin. This does 39% midscreen. It does 36% with f24 or b14 starter for mixups

MadeFromMetal

@CoRzz Jin

Can you post this Dive Kick starter combo for Bojutsu in the OP?

(In Air) Dive Kick, run~3~Bo Swat, run~34~Bo Swing - 32%

The timing is really strict, I can only get it to connect about 50% of the time but I'm by no means a combo master. Also, I don't think you can start with a njp or a regular jump kick because it seems to kick in gravity a little too fast to continue anything after the Bo Swat. Might be possible with an EX-Bo Swing but I'm not sure.

ando1184

Noob
Have you tried NJ4? It does okay damage and sets you up for his mix up game on wakeup - I need to test and make sure it consistently wins.

U1 can go into JI3 xx D4, 34 xx BF3 for good damage. Sometimes you can't get the JI3 in time and have to go straight into Jump Forward xx D4, 34 xx BF3

What do you use to follow up d1?
I do d1, njp, jmp3, dive kick , run cancel 34, bf3 - 26%
If I have stun arrow I do: d1, njp, jmp3, dive kick, run cancel 34, dd2, jmp2, 221, bf3 - 32% or after the stun arrow I'll do jmp2, 34, load stun for vortex options.

Varion

Noob
I've been doing this as a punish, what do you guys think?

i think these notations are correct.

221- db4 - nj2 - ji DiveKick - b21 - db4 (40%)

kevkopdx

Noob
I've been doing this as a punish, what do you guys think?

i think these notations are correct.

221- db4 - nj2 - ji DiveKick - b21 - db4 (40%)
i think your notation is a little off, it should read:
221xxMBdb3, nj2, jid4, b21xxdb3
41% and yes its a nice damage combo for midscreen

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
i think your notation is a little off, it should read:
221xxMBdb3, nj2, jid4, b21xxdb3
41% and yes its a nice damage combo for midscreen
Okay I think this has been said a few times in this thread, but ill reiterate it again. Neutral jump punches scale damage more in combos. If you're still doing njp in your combos, you're getting less damage than what you can get. Other than an air to air or to reverse a wu, I see no reason to use njp with kung jin in combos. So the combo should be 221 xx bo spin, step forward 3 bo swat, ji dive kick step forward 34 bo spin. Idk what the damage is for that off the top of my head, but it's more than 41% I believe.

MadeFromMetal

Okay I think this has been said a few times in this thread, but ill reiterate it again. Neutral jump punches scale damage more in combos. If you're still doing njp in your combos, you're getting less damage than what you can get. Other than an air to air or to reverse a wu, I see no reason to use njp with kung jin in combos. So the combo should be 221 xx bo spin, step forward 3 bo swat, ji dive kick step forward 34 bo spin. Idk what the damage is for that off the top of my head, but it's more than 41% I believe.
43%