What's new

Kombat Kast Returns this Friday!

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
OMG please not Jason, Predator and Spawn are waaaay more diverse in their move sets and could make for far better variations than this boring ass guy. I mean really, he's just an immortal (?) dude with a machete. -_-

Anyway, I'm still hype for some new footage. I hope we get to see the 5 revealed characters on the character select screen.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
my response was in regards to the OP which clearly states and asks if you will be there at 3pm central to watch. I never said it was a big deal. I just think it's poor community management by putting it at that timeslot. they might as well prefilm it and edit it so it looks like a cool trailer that shows off cool things. to me that sounds like better use of the two hours they waste with questions they can't/won't answer from an audience that as you said would have to watch it later. and if they are just gonna show boring stuff then like you said you won't get let down and others may not watch. do you see my point?
Well they do get good numbers watching it live too...I was just saying I fall into the cant watch it live part and am not bothered by it...if I was on the west coast the time would work out for me...
Its hard trying to find a time that works everywhere there is literally not a time that would...

Theres an extensive list of skills both practical and supernatural that Jason could utilize that hes not given much credit for.

Expert archer, Master trapper (he always hangs the bodies just so they will fall at the right time), as deft a foot as there is (only when no one is looking). He could have a machete variation, a brawler variation, a grappler variation.
i will say if jason can make bodies fall on his opponent from offscreen for zoning I'd be into it

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I wonder if they'll using the final build for this Kast.
Doubt it. Even if its the final build they will still have many character boxes empty. Probably even mileena and johnny, devs are usually behind the times as far as stuff we actually know.

I get that these game companies do these kombat kast type things at the end of the work day on a friday but 3pm cst is the worst possible time ever. If you're in college you're either in class, studying, because this is around the time they take midterms right? and if you're over 21 i'd imagine you'd have one of those job things so 3pm cst in all north american time zones you'd either be working or asleep if you work 3rd. If you're in HS you'd have to literally watch it soon as you got home but only on eastern time.

so...what demographic are they after to watch these?
europeans

Theres an extensive list of skills both practical and supernatural that Jason could utilize that hes not given much credit for.

Expert archer, Master trapper (he always hangs the bodies just so they will fall at the right time), as deft a foot as there is (only when no one is looking). He could have a machete variation, a brawler variation, a grappler variation.
actually he's more than an expert archer, he's an excellent marksman in general. In the recent remake there's a scene where he shoots someone in the head with an arrow AND another scene where he hits that black guy with an axe from like 100 yards away. He's stealthy, strong, handy with his weapon of choice and very persistent with a high tolerance for punishment. The creative minds at NRS can do alot with that alone. Plus he loves to use the environment to kill his prey in creative ways, perhaps a varation that strengthens his usage of stage interactables? Further, his dialogue would be great.

Kung Lao: "I have no quarrel with you."

Jason breathes heavily but otherwise does nothing.

Kung Lao: "I.... now have a quarrel with you?"

Last edited:

Montanx

actually he's more than an expert archer, he's an excellent marksman in general. In the recent remake there's a scene where he shoots someone in the head with an arrow AND another scene where he hits that black guy with an axe from like 100 yards away. He's stealthy, strong, handy with his weapon of choice and very persistent with a high tolerance for punishment. The creative minds at NRS can do alot with that alone. Further, his dialogue would be great.

Kung Lao: "I have no quarrel with you."

Jason breathes heavily but otherwise does nothing.

Kung Lao: "I.... now have a quarrel with you?"
I think theres great potential for tongue in cheek comedy with Jason like having him say absolutely nothing in his intros. The comedic responses from the opponents will be good enough. If they give him a voice and make him say dumb threatening stuff ill be pissed. Like I was pissed that they gave freddy claws on both hands. Yea yea I know I know..but still.

I think theres great potential for tongue in cheek comedy with Jason like having him say absolutely nothing in his intros. The comedic responses from the opponents will be good enough. If they give him a voice and make him say dumb threatening stuff ill be pissed. Like I was pissed that they gave freddy claws on both hands. Yea yea I know I know..but still.
Jason: *Heavy breathing*

Cassie: "Um.....Hello?"

Jason: *BREATHING INTENSIFIES*

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'll be home. I work at 6am so I'll be off in time lol. Probably the only one so far I'll actually be off for. The others started the same time I had to be at work

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I get that these game companies do these kombat kast type things at the end of the work day on a friday but 3pm cst is the worst possible time ever. If you're in college you're either in class, studying, because this is around the time they take midterms right? and if you're over 21 i'd imagine you'd have one of those job things so 3pm cst in all north american time zones you'd either be working or asleep if you work 3rd. If you're in HS you'd have to literally watch it soon as you got home but only on eastern time.

so...what demographic are they after to watch these?
Independently wealthy, prejudiced and homophobic handsome WASPs - like myself.

I hope they show more kano and i'd like to see more character concept art in general as non gameplay goes you could do a lot worse. also kung jin

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Do you guys really think they would already reveal a DLC character when the whole on-disc cast hasn't even been shown yet?

Montanx

Do you guys really think they would already reveal a DLC character when the whole on-disc cast hasn't even been shown yet?
Yes, if you mean Goro then double yes. Right now the game isn't out, so they are only selling preorders. Preorders give you Goro, hence they should be hyping the living shit out of him as hard as they can. I'd have had a Goro trailer well before that Ermac trailer.

If you mean Jason, wich to me is 99% certain since it's fri13th, then yes they should get their special guest characters out there. These are the things that sell to the casual masses who may not have even known mortal kombat existed after mk3. But yea, they dropped the ball by not having shown Goro yet. When they do give us a Goro trailer watch pre order sales jump. They could have had that money in their pockets already.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Yes, if you mean Goro then double yes. Right now the game isn't out, so they are only selling preorders. Preorders give you Goro, hence they should be hyping the living shit out of him as hard as they can. I'd have had a Goro trailer well before that Ermac trailer.

If you mean Jason, wich to me is 99% certain since it's fri13th, then yes they should get their special guest characters out there. These are the things that sell to the casual masses who may not have even known mortal kombat existed after mk3. But yea, they dropped the ball by not having shown Goro yet. When they do give us a Goro trailer watch pre order sales jump. They could have had that money in their pockets already.
I was talking about Jason, not Goro. There are three Friday the 13ths this year, I think its just coincidence. Sell the game first, DLC comes after.

Montanx

I was talking about Jason, not Goro. There are three Friday the 13ths this year, I think its just coincidence. Sell the game first, DLC comes after.
Disagree, it's the flashy stuff like guest characters that sell the game to the masses. The diehard fans are already buying, they need the on the fence crowd to get excited.

About the date, it could be coinkydink but every other stream has been on a Thursday so it's pretty neat timing. But yea it could be.