What's new

Match-up Discussion Kenshi Matchup Discussion Thread

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Cage. 6-4 kenshi

Lets face it if we are considering each character at their best, cage can't get in unless he uses eh shadow kick or dash blocks. Dash blocking against kenshi gives him free meter on blocked shoulders and the chance for 50/50 with f3 b2. With cage outside, he loses every time. This is why I say 6-4...it's the same reason sub zero beats cage.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Raiden...5-5

I think this because kenshi can punish teleport with sc on reaction as well as zone well once he trains raiden to stop teleporting...from a distance raiden only has eh superman and a mediocre projectile. So if kenshi can punish each teleport and build meter zoning a bit, he will be prepared to fight raiden up close with eh sc. Because with kenshi you shouldn't be trying to fight up close...you should be looking for an opening to land sc and then zone.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Kang and reptile

Kang is kinda like a better cage so 6-4 is extreme but I'd say 5-5 a few well placed fire balls make kenshis job harder and gives him an opening to get in...and stay in. But again if he can't get in, kenshi wins.

Reptile always a hard match but I'd say 5-5 also. But no new information here...just a grind.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I am still new to kenshi but I understand the basics well enough to comment I think. I also have kenshi up against the hardest competition in ga and I have a few thoughts and would like input.

Vs characters like kang, cage, Kung Lao, raiden, mileena And reptile, I feel like kenshi has the best GTFO me move out there. I'm still trying to master the timing but the errors are mine not the characters...any jump in and any dive kick can be prevented by a well timed sc or eh sc. This being said eh spirit charge is the best option but on wakeup not really needed. The best part about it is that as soon as it lands...I can out zone any character in the game...ANY character as long as I'm smart and build meter the right way.

Now I'm not saying it's easy. It's hard to guess right every time on a crossover punch and sometimes the reflect comes out on accident but let me give you my breakdown.

Kung Lao.6-4 kenshi. Up close Lao isn't as much of a threat anymore and it's easy to get in a sc in-between his strings...worst case scenario is a d3 linked to a sc or a d1 to sc...he can't punish a blocked sc. If the sc hits I can zone him with TKS...he can't do anything to get out of TKS either...teleport gets stuffed and other moves can be baited and put in check with TKS of different distances. If he does get a teleport off, I get a free RK or a sc and the process repeated itself...it low hat is a non issue due to reflect, and overall his options are so limited it forces Lao to take risks that kenshi doesn't have to take. Lao can win If he guesses right every time but kenshi can out zone him to the fullest.
Ohh sweet! lord of flies starting kenshi huh? nice to see u man.

alright, lets go through this together.

I feel like kenshi has the best GTFO me move out there. I'm still trying to master the timing but the errors are mine not the characters...any jump in and any dive kick can be prevented by a well timed sc or eh sc. This being said eh spirit charge is the best option but on wakeup not really needed. The best part about it is that as soon as it lands...I can out zone any character in the game...ANY character as long as I'm smart and build meter the right way.

I agree. Though RK is good to use as well as EH RK. the only diffrence is that RK timing is different form SC timing, as well as RK has to be at a certain arc/distance (except EX RK due to armor). Though, there are situation where SC can be stuffed if done really late. So in general, kenshi is "COMPLETELY GTFO or else i am screwed" character . one mistake can be VERY dangerous and severe to Kenshi

about Kung. i dis agree in some stuff. First off, Dive kick stuff SC a lot. THOUGH, SC does work against it.
Kung doesnt need meter for this match except Xray or EX teleport. In close, Kung can REALLY punish kenshi severely, though his stagger lock strings are not effective and cannot be done recklessly due to kenshi's Meter (ex rk and SC).
EX teleport is anti TKS and puts him in a good defense, unless you willing to trade EX RK.
Blocked SC in close is punishable by EX spin, as well as close range blocked TKS.

to conclude, far away game is not healthy. Baiting a reflect, can make him free teleport for pressure...so if kenshi doesnt have meter, he's force to Block correctly and eat the pressure until he's out. IA Dive kicks, escapes TKS and can even land quick to bait an RK or SC.
this match, kenshi needs a LOT of meter...so meter managment in this match is SERIOUSLY everything.

i would give this match 6 - 4 as well, though it's possible to go either 5.5 - 4.5 or EVEN 5 - 5(will explain why later in the guide). due to the fact that Spin frame traps can counter regular SC..hence kenshi is forced to bait and/or use meter effectively....very guessing game, as well as mind set adaption (adapting yourself to opponent Kung play style)

PS: it's not that easy to fully zone kung with kenshi as you say at all....

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Cage. 6-4 kenshi

Lets face it if we are considering each character at their best, cage can't get in unless he uses eh shadow kick or dash blocks. Dash blocking against kenshi gives him free meter on blocked shoulders and the chance for 50/50 with f3 b2. With cage outside, he loses every time. This is why I say 6-4...it's the same reason sub zero beats cage.
I agree with that. cage main problem is that he's nothing beside his wakeup attack and Pressure in close. Kenshi does have a LOT of exists. matter of fact, kenshi is free to pressure once he's in.
Baiting Kick and EX kick, both are very punishable. Frame trap of ex FB in close doesnt work on kenshi. Any block string is punishable by EX RK or EX SC, as well as the general (universal way) of choice.
kenshi far away >> anti Cage at everything. only chance to get close is, EX Kick...which is punishable when baited

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Raiden...5-5

I think this because kenshi can punish teleport with sc on reaction as well as zone well once he trains raiden to stop teleporting...from a distance raiden only has eh superman and a mediocre projectile. So if kenshi can punish each teleport and build meter zoning a bit, he will be prepared to fight raiden up close with eh sc. Because with kenshi you shouldn't be trying to fight up close...you should be looking for an opening to land sc and then zone.

PS bout raiden: SC on raiden wake up can catch regular teleport lol. though, i am not sure of this match up because i BARELY fight any raidens.

Kang:
Reflect IAPROJ still bugs against Kabal, Mil and Kang.....this is the only reason why this match is annoying. sadly not every kang know that...if they only.
though, i can say it can reach 6 - 4 for sure.

Reptile:
Dont think twice. 6 -4 reptile favor For sure

Sabin, forget trying to punish crossovers. Just dash under them and try to bf2 as they land, or maybe even db1. Let alone, with Kenshis walking speed+dash~d1, he will slide enough forward after a dash under crossup and still connect. So theres some options.

As for Nightwolf, forget trying to punish crossups, and just shoulder out of there. No point trying to dash under them when you have the shoulder.

What's up teef? :) Hope you got Harmony of Despair today!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yes teef I am officially a kenshi guy...he is my new third.

1)NW
2)kabal
3)kenshi
4)cage/raiden

Let me understand what you are saying.

Kenshi VS Lao is 5-5?
Vs cage is 6-4
Raiden 5-5
Kang 5-5 or 4-6?
reptile is 4-6
Mil is 6-4 though right...I feel like kenshi rapes her blindly.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Sabin, forget trying to punish crossovers. Just dash under them and try to bf2 as they land, or maybe even db1. Let alone, with Kenshis walking speed+dash~d1, he will slide enough forward after a dash under crossup and still connect. So theres some options.

As for Nightwolf, forget trying to punish crossups, and just shoulder out of there. No point trying to dash under them when you have the shoulder.

What's up teef? :) Hope you got Harmony of Despair today!

and sadly, which is something that is normal because it's ABC mk9 ....like any other Fighting game basics....people still dont do that :S lol
also, Reverse direction inputs or either SC, EX SC, EX RK works ofcourse...best of them all is ofcourse EX RK

and...WUT up sexaay ^_^
man, i tried to do so, when i tried to download it , it said that 5 PS3 alrdy has that (or running)...and that i cannot do so anymore lol. unless one of them is de activated
so first off, you dont imagine how happy i am of this sweet gesture man :) really means a lot (also it's my bday today) lol...secondly, i guess it might not work because of that. BUT! i will get castlevania for sure haha ^_^ possible today if this thing you told me aint gonna work haha

take care of yourself man. i will be online in a bit! doing some logos for a job and then i will hop :)

LOF:

you sexay...welcome to the club. lets do some Kenshi mirror and show me wut u got with online lag :p lol

Kenshi VS Lao is 4 - 6 Lao favor (can go 5.5 - 4.5)
Vs cage is 6-4 Kenshi favor ( can go 5.5 - 4.5)
Raiden 5-5 correct
Kang 5-5 or 4-6 . i think it can be both 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 kenshi favor..i still need this match up. Though, the IAP bug is annoying ofcourse :S
reptile is 4-6. reptile favor...yup
Mil is 6-4 though right...I feel like kenshi rapes her blindly. and your right about this :)

Sabin

Elder God
i really like teef's matchup scores and breakdowns. sorry i dont post much. im not one for writing on forums. would rather do them on stream, but best believe i'm lurking :)

Check/teef whats the best way to autocorrect input on crossups realy/ having a really hard time with this and as u know this can kind of make or break kenshidue to his crossup weakness.

after playing PL a lot these days, i can't see Kenshi beating KL at all really. his mobility is too much. that is unless autocorrect punish is figured out 100% of the time..i can make the right reads but because the input system won't agree with me i do the wrong move or negative edge and end up dying..kenshi is really polarizing just like my signature char dhalsim..he either rapes u or gets raped badly lol

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
i really like teef's matchup scores and breakdowns. sorry i dont post much. im not one for writing on forums. would rather do them on stream, but best believe i'm lurking :)

Check/teef whats the best way to autocorrect input on crossups realy/ having a really hard time with this and as u know this can kind of make or break kenshidue to his crossup weakness.

after playing PL a lot these days, i can't see Kenshi beating KL at all really. his mobility is too much. that is unless autocorrect punish is figured out 100% of the time..i can make the right reads but because the input system won't agree with me i do the wrong move or negative edge and end up dying..kenshi is really polarizing just like my signature char dhalsim..he either rapes u or gets raped badly lol
Hey man. Damn PL? lucky u man ^_^ "god bless as well"

also, as u said, kenshi IS another version of Dhalsim, or more like testament /zato from GG. also the negative edge, IS annoying hands down :S

as for the cross up auto correct. there's nothing that auto correct in this game on wake up as of general attacks or solid reliable special move except few....which is BS. so tech wise, only characters who can are like Kung (due to spin BS hitbox), some of the x rays (ermac)...and so forth(bit you OFCUORSE know that anyways).
this is the main weakness in Kenshi to be honest :S and i cant find ANY solution for it! the only way REALLy depends on you as a player...good reads and block or reverse.

You can actualy standing 1 cross up or even cr+1....though it depends on the arc as well if it's a kick or punch.....so this is REALLY hard to rely on. it's like, Blocking subzero's clone WHILE subzero going offense :S....thats how annoying it's to me...such SIMPLE 1 button press after block input too lol

So yah..here are some stuff i find somehow effective to be honest. here all are the options i can think off:

1- Standing 1. Doesnt auto correct as well, which means you have to see the arc
2-Cr+1. Same deal. and due to KENSHI's horrible hitbox, cr+3,4 or 1 are not reliable at cross up anti Air at all in my opinion.
3-This is wut i use the most against huggers if i dont have meter and in need to get out (huggers:players who just set close to kenshi to just jump punch other and over into strings). Simply either dack backward or forward, OR simply move backward or forward. the regular move input may sound like, HUH? but ya, it does work...kenshi is aint reptile, his walk speed is good WITHOUT initial startup motion.
4- watch the arc and then reverse Regular SC. Though need good timing...not hard at all, but cross over kicks gets it as well as punch. hence, it must be done as soon as the arc crosses over.
5- the most reliable, Reverse motion of either EX SC or EX RK. completely safe and punishes opponent. though, this is meter dependant. and THIS i use a lot cause really it's rewarding.

kenshi hurtbox on crouch is stupid :S i though NRS might fix it, but instead they removed his OTG from air combos...lol.

i wish this game had a universal answer against such thing. and i really blame the Blocking system takin all of these stupid frames :S....i miss Zato just frame ground escape as well as zapa's in GG lol...cause really, once u learn them, that's it....no need to struggle anymore lol
or as simple like street fighter 4 system man :S...but NO!!! NRS has to be different rofl

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
thnx to all for puttin me for kenshi . actually this is really a sweet idea and a good community project

i was working on it alrdy and the list will be so HUGE! the reason is , that it's a part of the guide. I am not only going to talk about the scores and the reason in details why! but also i will be talkin about each matchup in specific with Videos against top players/ known knowledgeable players. as well that i will be attending multiple tournaments, so i will be doing projects, video capture and interview Solely for kenshi.

Sample of the list (some of them are recorded and some are not). will be posted through out time
- Sonya vs Kenshi (Blake vs Teef / Riu 48 VS teef)
- Kitana VS kenshi (Wrath VS teef / Dominican VS teef)
- SUbzero VS kenshi (Shorry VS teef / Tombrady VS teef)
- NW vs Kenshi (LOF vs Teef / ... not decided for ofline)
- Jax VS kenshi (Detroit/ Wrath VS teef / CDjr Vs teef)
- Sektor VS Kenshi (Slimjim VS teef/ Swifttomhanks vs Teef )
- Kung lao VS teef (HD cloud VS teef / Ac1984 and Ezail VS teef)
- Noob vs Teef (Hitushura VS teef)
....etc

here's the quick sample:

## Kenshi VS scorpion
5 - 5

-This is fairley 50/50. Scorpion doesnt have any advantage over Kenshi with any thing beside the idea of vortex gambling.
-is Teleports are punsihable by nature of blocking, or EX teleport to be punished within animation with full combo or even after.
-Scorpions frame traps after EX teleport doesnt work, due to the fact that kenshi can EX armor through
-EX armors go through Hell fire and spear baits

## Kenshi VS subzero
5 - 5

-I would say kenshi's favor slightly. Kenshi can completely shut down Subzero's Zoning game
-Kenshi can reflect/absorb any projectile as well as punish jump in's, close clone zoning, and any frame trap.
-Sub Regular b+2 reset is never effective against kenshi when he has meter. due to armor on the moves
-Kenshi is a threat to subzero once subzero is pressure in corner due to Regular SC OTGing of the floor as well as EX SC anti wake up. hence making kenshi at corner, more effective.
-Kenshi can easily get out of subzero corner traps due to SC, RK and armors

## Kenshi vs Reptile
4 - 6

-very hard matchup for kenshi due to the fact that reptile moves really fast.
-EX SFB or regular FB okizemi or zoning, are hard to reflect due to reptile's elbow dahs follow ups mixups and pressure
-Kenshi is easily punishable on block RK due to 6 frame elbow dash as well as distance. same goes for blocked cr+4~ into TKS.
thus making kenshi resorting to bait and different pressure to force bait elbow's and what not.
-Kenshi has a good advantage against reptile zoning due to capitalize TKS control, Teleflurry and reflects. thus making kenshi better at full, mid and zone game
-as long as reptile on kenshi with pressure and punish, kenshi might have a problem escaping due to the fact of: meter requiration on Anti cross up, or perfect adjustment, perfect arc reading to punish with cr+1 or standing 1...etc
-Kenshi cannot Fully punish FB or EX FB okizeme if done for pressure purpose. thus making reptile a hard foe to get away and off from.
-Reptile has no answer for kenshi SC and EX SC corner pressure on knock down except for EX slide. in that case, EX SC has advantage over reptile EX slide. making kenshi pressuring in corner, a way to win the match...upper hand for kenshi (consider it, the same idea as subzero's Clone traps. instead, using SC , EX SC for Plus frame advantage and frame traps, and RK ...also note, both EX SC and RK in corner, tell max sweep distance, can combo afterwards with them)

## Kenshi VS ermac
5.5 - 4.5

-Nothing special. Very 50/50
-the reaosn why it might be sligthly kenshi favor, is because Kenshi controls space way better than ermac. Thus forcing ermac to get in instead
-as long as ermac is on kenshi, the kenshi has advantage. Ermac doesnt excel at close range/ pressure

## Kenshi VS noob
5 - 5

-Very hard matchup due to projectile spam. kenshi cannot reflect back the projectile, can can null them
-Hard to proceed with TKS or TF or SC zoning due to the fact that most of the case they will hit trade.Though, once ur inside noob, noob doesnt have ANY answers. Also noob doesnt have any powerful frame traps, making kenshi even better at defense in close.
-Reflect will only nullyfy the projectile and not reflect them.hence Kenshi Zoning will be a little hinder. THOUGH! as soon as kenshi is in, Noob doesnt have much to d:confused:nce kenshi is in, kenshi will have Advantage over Noob

## Kenshi vs SMoke
5.5 - 4.5

-I think it can go SLIGHTLY kenshi's favor
-Bomb not an issue due to armors in general (if needed to be used)
-Easily counters Smokes frame trap completely safe due to armors
-easy 7 frame counter for kenshi against IATP from smoke. doing so by cr+1~ Rising Karma.
-Smoke can escape regular corner trap of SC and RK with an EX TP. though, cannot escape Corner traps if kenshi used EX SC

Kenshi VS rain
4 - 6

Very annoying match indeed.
-Rain can simply peirce throu KENSHI's armors and traps with his EX RH
-Rain's RH traps in general are very annoying
-Rain's RH traps into frame trap 4,3 is not hittable with low attack like cr+4 or cr+3 due to the Hop effect 4,3 has.
-Rain at zoning is great! so good defense with Thunder strike, teleports, as well as great offense and combo-ability
-EX bubbles Eats the whole idea of Meter managment for kenshi, and EX bubble is easily stuffed in combos

THOUGH, some kenshi favor pinpoint
-f+3,2 is anti Regular Teleport/ teleport kick on wake up
-Anything else beside RH cancel frame traps, then kenshi can freely zone in and Out as well
-Rain is a VICTIM of corner SC pressure, nothing can escape it but EX teleport due to side change
-Air teleport is punishable with cr+1~rk due to the hop effect rain gains after teleport
-reckless teleports are punishable as well with cr+1~ RK

## Kenshi vs Mil
4.5 - 5.5

-Some people agree with me, and some dont. the only reason why this match is 5 - 5 in my opinion is because of the following:
A-Mil is good Zoner and out zoner and Turtler as well.
B-Kenshi Can easily punish Rolls and even catch early bird TK.
c-THOUGH! as long as mil is inside, Kenshi can have a little trouble especially with her mix ups and EX TK
-Mil frame traps are hard to escape without wasting an ex meter.
-Mil doesnt have to spam to get away with sais, all she needs to do is approach carefully and set on kenshi
-Kenshi Nullyfies sai's and reflect them. shuting down any turtling game
-Due to TKS control and SC, it makes Mil hard to get in if she's not using an EX TK.

## Kenshi VS kitana
6 - 4

-Kitana Has no answers against kenshi UNLESS she gets in and pressure
-Kenshi shuts down Kitana's Zone and turtle game very easily with TKS, SC and RK punish
-Kitana in corner is a victim of kenshi's SC trap. non of her Wake up move can escape either EX SC or SC at sweep distance. making kenshi a better corner controller
-Wave dash is very punishable on Landing and on initial starter! TKS slams her down, and SC catch her on the way down up to sweep distance (or slightly further)

## Kenshi VS Jade
6 - 4

-Kenshi anti Jade because of better zoning out and In
-Kenshi easily reflects Projectiles
-Her regular shadow armor can only pass through TF and EX TF. not Tks, RK or SC (apparently, TF is Proectile attribute? while TKS and SC are physicals)
-jade doesnt have good Wake up answers except EX Shadow armor. making it easy to pressure on wake up. SC and EX sc goes through EX and regular shadow kicks
-Jade is a victim of SC/EX SC corner pressure EXCEPT if she used EX shadow armor

Kenshi VS skarlet
5.5 - 4.5

Kenshi VS sektor
4 - 6

Kenshi VS cyrax
4 - 6

## Kenshi VS Csubzero
4 - 6

-Very hard matchup for kenshi
-Csub is a better zone in than kenshi due to Dive kicks, bomb traps and teleports
-Easy frame traps from Csub side, though very punishable by kenshi with EX RK and EX SC
-CSUB suffers a LOT with corner SC and EX SC pressure! not even his EX Slide can pass through EX SC/EX RK
-cSub cr+3 is too fast and good, aside from his regular frame traps of 2/ or 2,1/ or high low kick TC.
-Csub will win due to faster and easy mobility that Csub has

Kenshi VS Krugur
5 - 5

Kenshi VS Sindel
6 - 4

## Kenshi VS Sonya
6 - 4

-Very tight match, depends on either SOnya gettin in or not. If she's in, then she might be a threat. if she's out, then it's
hands down kenshi favor
-She doesnt fall into SC or EX sc corner pressure on wake up due to her EX wheel kick with armor.
-Dive kicks auto correct, that means she's free to cross over kenshi if kenshi struggled on close defense
-TKS, TF, and rk shuts down any of her far away zoning, making her only good if she's close
-Her frame traps are way fast like Csub were u cant regular SC on reaction. apparently standing 1 is faster as well as cr+1. making kenshi resorting to meter drain/usage.
-kenshi can reflect and screen control afterwards, giving him a great control of the screen.

## Kenshi VS Jax
4 - 6

-Too much for kenshi, consider jax as if he's a moving wall
-Jax gets close and kenshi might suffer due to frame traps where kenshi will resort to meter to get out! cross overs, and fast speed of jax's target combos/pokes and uppercuts
-amazing AA from jax side, making kenshi aware of any jump ins
-kenshi in corner is a dead kenshi against jax
-Jax cannot escape EX sc Wake up corner pressure, making sc/ex sc Corner pressure a 5- 5 game

Kenshi VS cage
5 - 5

Kenshi VS Stryker
6 - 4

Kenshi VS Liu
5 - 5

Kenshi VS Kung
3 - 7

Kenshi VS Kano
5 - 5

Kenshi VS NW
3.5 - 6.5

Kenshi VS Kabal
3.5 - 6.5

Kenshi VS Baraka
5.5 - 4.5

KEnshi VS Shang
5 - 5

Kenshi VS Quan
5 - 5

Kenshi VS raiden
4 - 6

Kenshi VS Sheeva
6 - 4

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Matchup list slightly updated. Accurate details will be in the guide soon, this is just for now to show a general understanding of a summary for the matchups

anyone willing to help, please feel free to help ^_^

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Teed I've beenrunning into kenshi players left and right online. What's this sc corner trap Or all these traps in corner u mention.

I do find it difficult to leave corner against kenshi

Can u explain what it is, how and who it can be used against?

Sabin - I suggest playing on a CRT for Kenshi during crossups, because lets face it, bf2 on anything but a CRT is not tourny viable.

and same goes for the rest of MK9 too.

CRT or it never happened.

Now what i do on a CRT is just jump out. If someone jumps over you from the left, then while they jump over you, just jump to the right (don't try and jump over them. Too risky!)

Pig - Past sweep range in the corner. aka the pushout range from an enhanced bf2. There's not much you can do about it even on a CRT.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey hey! sorry i've been very busy lately. all i do is go to school, some work here and there, prepare myself for graduation and play Castlevania with check!
i will update everything soon!

for the guide, thnx so much for Bwizz for updating the kenshi guide as well as Tim statiic of course. i shall update the guide soon with Combos and small details

Project learning lab will be bombed soon with fixes, details, strategies and an upcoming video.

matchups will be fixed an updated soon!
Rough draft fix:
-Kit vs Kenshi = 5 - 5
-SOnya Vs kenshi = 5 - 5
-Kenshi VS NW = 4.5 - 5.5
-Mil VS kenshi = 6- 4 Mil favor! yes

1man3letters:

hey man. alright, this matchup is really kenshi favor in my opinion. i dont see baraka going ANYWHERE!
worst case scenario, 5- 5...though, i would like to say it's slightly kenshi favor if not totally kenshi favor ( 6 - 4)
reasons

-Baraka Cannot turtle AT ALL! only source of winning is for Baraka to Pressure Upclose. reasons due to Full distance control by Kenshi, with reflect, TKS, RK and most important SC that will always put him full screen

-Baraka Armor are not anti Kenshi's Armor. As a wake up or prediction trade, kenshi will win with Either EX RK or EX SC

-Only way to win with baraka is to force pressure as much as possible and distance control. for example get close for a charge trap while either baiting TKS non armor or TF...etc

Hard matchup for baraka in general.

-the reaosn behind kenshi winning is:
1-Reflecting and absorbing
2-SC send full screen puttin baraka Useless due to TKS pressure and kenshi baits
3- IN corner Kenshi Excels against Baraka due to EX SC trap as well as OTG and anti wake up with EX SC and regular SC
4- once Kenshi teaches baraka to go offensive, it's kenshi's time to be offensive as well with RK, EX RK, and frame traps (kenshi got tons)

Pigofthehut:

Hey hey! alright, i dont wanan say wut is it exactly cause i will be releasing a video for it AFTER NEC! sorry for not saying my tactics, but it does make kenshi way better.
when i see you at NEC, i shall Show you everything for sure :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'm a Skarlet supporter, but, from all 4 DLC characters, I admit that I guess that Kenshi seems to be the best of all, and, he can handle well against almost all MK roster, I mean, having good realistic chances against the "big dogs" ......

We still have to see a very good and competitive Kenshi in a major tournament, but, this dude has some nasty and effective weapons in this game, hard to handle against .... his zoning capacity is incredible good and underrated .... some combos strings are very good to create a serious corner pressure, and despite Kenshi having no teleport, he can act more or less well anti-zoning too, specially if his Tele Flurry and Sword reflection is well timed ..... Sometimes a good Kenshi can give more trouble than a skilled Ermac or Noob, hehe :D

feete_non_stop

Tele-Beatdown
you cant choose kenshi have only 1 costume. yutja i will test your method.

edited, thanks yutja, it works, just stupid way to choose, u can run for wrong char lol.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
you cant choose kenshi have only 1 costume. yutja i will test your method.

edited, thanks yutja, it works, just stupid way to choose, u can run for wrong char lol.
yep, it's stupid, so, after NRS released the 2nd costume to Cyber Sub-Zero, at least for him, you don't have to do this trick anymore, for all other DLC, unfortunately, yes ..... that's one of the reasons I would like to NRS could release a 2nd costume pack for Kenshi and the rest of DLC ....