What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I have a serious question to anyone who has put even a second into Cybernetic.

Have you EVER F31+3 or F32+4? It feels absolutely useless, as there is a gap between the F3 and the 1+3/2+4, as well as it not even being something you can really condition opponents with. If it was F331+3/2+4 it'd be a whole lot better tbh

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Have you EVER F31+3 or F32+4? It feels absolutely useless, as there is a gap between the F3 and the 1+3/2+4, as well as it not even being something you can really condition opponents with. If it was F331+3/2+4 it'd be a whole lot better tbh
I keep forgetting it's there since it's utter trash. I've seen it used in a 3 bar combo but that's about it.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

I believe F3 has priority over most d1s. So like if your at the edge of their d1. F3 works. Since lower hurtbox is adjusted farther on the animation.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I believe F3 has priority over most d1s. So like if your at the edge of their d1. F3 works. Since lower hurtbox is adjusted farther on the animation.
Another question. Does F3 actually outrange any d1?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Lol fuck no. In the same way Commandos aren't happy that F33 is their only tick string because the string is ass, the F3 strings are also ass in Cybernetic. B1 is just better in pretty much every way.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Lol fuck no. In the same way Commandos aren't happy that F33 is their only tick string because the string is ass, the F3 strings are also ass in Cybernetic. B1 is just better in pretty much every way.
It wouldve made more sense if you could do the grenade or laser restand off of 32.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Ok so what do you all usually follow up with after exknives? I know it not the greatest pressure in game but I try to use it to keep them guessing either more b13 ex knives or throw or low.
Usually another b13 catches ppl who like to hit buttons but Im still trying to figure out best way to utilize the exknives "pressure"

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Ok so what do you all usually follow up with after exknives? I know it not the greatest pressure in game but I try to use it to keep them guessing either more b13 ex knives or throw or low.
Usually another b13 catches ppl who like to hit buttons but Im still trying to figure out best way to utilize the exknives "pressure"
On block follow up with any of his pressure strings. On hit I do~rc b1 b1 112 kano ball or go for a restand.

On block use any pressure string 112, b1, b3, etc

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Throw/b13 is your only mixup really. It's good though.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
B13 if they like to hit buttons. If you notice they respect you can b31, to keep plus frames. And if you really want throw. Though if they respecting you you can maybe get away with b13 throw. Or b1 throw for extra chip after ex knives.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
On block follow up with any of his pressure strings. On hit I do~rc b1 b1 112 kano ball or go for a restand.

On block use any pressure string 112, b1, b3, etc
Yea I usually use that as well and depending on how good of wake ups I use ball or re-stand.
On block I just feel like there has to be more to it then what I'm doing lol

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Thanks for the replies. I really thought there might be more but seems you all are doing the same as me. And instead of asking in cutthroat thread I'll ask here to what do you follow up with in cutthroat after blocked exknives since I think its more plus then cybers?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Cyber kano is now confirmed to have a useful up laser in forthcoming patch. How do you all think this will change the character?
not terribly much honestly; but it depends exactly what the change is. If they made it just a better AA then meh, but if it is fast enough to juggle off of as an AA or as a a mid combo extender then itll be realllll good.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Cyber kano is now confirmed to have a useful up laser in forthcoming patch. How do you all think this will change the character?
It wont. Still gotta use it in a hard read unless its changed like jaqui up rocket. Even though it was hard to use up laser. On a hard read it works well. Now itll (hopefully) be more consistant when you read someone jumping in

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think the up laser will just help him be more dominant in his already favorable mus but will do close to nothing to help with his bad mu

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
EX laser scales more than 2+4MB. Knew it wouldn't be that useful lol. It also juggles the opponent pretty far from you...

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I think the up laser will just help him be more dominant in his already favorable mus but will do close to nothing to help with his bad mu
yeah, pretty much what it did. Gave him even MORE AA options... and he still gets about the same off of MB the up laser as he would from just B1 AAing... I'm sure he gets a little more, but now you have to run to get it so it's dependent on stamina... we'll have to see what uses people find for it, but on paper we may have just gotten another AA option.

If they're trying to REALLY solidify Kano as the character you don't jump in on... I guess they're doin' ok.