What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Matix218

Get over here!
Not sure how you can put down Lao for Kano, but if it fits enjoy! Not bad at all for a 3 day online Kano. I'm sure certain things like drops were from online so I won't bother with certain things. I'll point out the things I noticed from you as well as the the points you made in your post.

-For sure you have to use those low pokes more often. Kano has an amazing D4. Exploit it. D4 and D4~knife are really good. Quick run cancel of B31's/grab/B1's are good to do after landed D4's because of the advantage you get.

-Definitely use 112~Laser as the closer range punisher. Fastest frames and highest damage. Can't go wrong.

-I play Sonya offline a couple of days since release. One of my Top 3 most Exp MU's. You have to guess on the starters, but not after. Cyber hordes meter, and in this MU I tend to do more meterless combos and save meter for armor. You can armor the MS and the OH/Low. So say she does B14 OH Low string into MS Stance. You can EX Ball Cancel for full combo after the B1, or armor after the 4 if she does the OH pop up option or the grab. The low would hit you but only for 11%. So I usually go for the armor after because the risk/reward is in your favor. If you block the OH MS option you can full combo, but I prefer to put the odds in my favor with armor'ing through the string or the MS.

-100%. Anything else can have an inconsistent hitbox if not perfectly timed. When you block arc kicks you can get out an early F4~Laser combo every time. If you want 10/10 punishes on the kick use F4~Laser.

-I've done that offline lol. I prefer consistency over an extra % or 2.

-Yea the option select with laser is one of the easier ones of the games. It's the best way to have up close control with him.

Outside of those points, I would say play a little more safe. Kano in Cyber is hella safe. I saw you do a lot of jumping air balls which you should tone down some. You don't wanna get blown up by some of these uber offense characters. Use them a little less because Kano doesn't have to get in on guys, they come to him in a lot of MU's. Especially Sonya. I would use it in EX mode ever so often to crush their block, but less overall than I saw. Use your dashes, zoning, and footsie tools in the place of those airballs.

Overall, pretty good for limited Kano exp. You have the right idea on how to play him.
What is the best/easiest way to execute the laser option select? Do you input the string and input the laser immediately after then hold back?

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Thanks a lot for the feedback SaltShaker. I had no idea about armoring through those sonya shenanigans, Imma go to the lab and practice it! And tbh I actually dont normally do air kano balls alot but every now and then I feel like going yolo just to throw them off guard. I should probably stop that xD.

Thanks for the advice Miharo but ive actually tested this in practice mode and if I time a jab just right (hard to do online but its possible), the opponent cant neutral duck, jump, or even armor out. Ive set CPU to do all these things and I would just combo him again before he could duck or jump. That grab leaves me at +13 and the jab is 8f. That should mean for 5 frames they are still in hitstun and cant do anything but block right?

Ive made a couple real master comebacks because my opponent mashed buttons and my s1 combo'd him before he could do anything. Salty ermac switched to Lao afterwards. :(

For my option select Matix, im doing B1 D3 B1 DD. Works with his B23 and B31 strings as well.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
ok i guess i gotta play more quan. about the meter, i think cyber has the best meterless damage out of all kanos, i dont think im gonna stop throwing it out :D. really, stopping any kind of momentum is more important to me than damage. but ill see how that plays out.

b1, yes, you really gotta know which air normals you can use it against. kotal, quan, ferra torr, all these that go horizontal in the air beat it, SZ und scorp j3 are also almost unbeatable. i decided to uppercut everyone for the moment and work on other stuff first, but i should probably pick it up at some point again.

and about throwing, i actually throw a lot, just not in these recorded matches. d3 -> throw on hit is one of my favourite things to do :). i can jsut imagine how annoying it is to hear ding ding ... DING over and over :D
Yeah but his meterless damage doesn't get to 30%, and against characters like Quan you really need to be able to compete in damage as much as possible. Trust me there's no reason to waste a bar on EX Kano Ball just to go through a projectile for 8% and put them back in the same position when you have projectiles that hit for 5% meterless and an air Kano Ball to get over projectiles and get in.

B1 is better than uppercut though so if you're going to try and contest an air normal you may as well use B1. I agree you need to trip guard characters like Sonya and Kotal but you can also run under and B1 if you're too close.

I can't remember how plus on hit D3 is but as long as you're abusing your pokes I guess :p

Youphemism

Might want to amend the OP Saltshaker:
1 meter corner combo -[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 32 B132+4EX NJP JIP 112 xx F3 [37-42%]

I NOW DEMAND FULL CREDIT FOR THE ENTIRE THREAD AND YOU WILL ALL SHARPEN MY KNIVES FROM NOW ON #KNIFEBOYZ

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Hey youph, Since I'm 99% sure the B312 B312 112 xx DF2EX 112 xx DB2 is your combo, I want to ask you. What do you do after it, since it's got the quick restand? I'm thinking throw, since it's a late match combo in my eyes

Youphemism

Hey youph, Since I'm 99% sure the B312 B312 112 xx DF2EX 112 xx DB2 is your combo, I want to ask you. What do you do after it, since it's got the quick restand? I'm thinking throw, since it's a late match combo in my eyes
Sorry, you 1%d this time :DOGE I did find some B312 B312 112 combos but I don't remember if that one was me. But if I was doing it I'd be doing the usual mixup after it, low or throw, or B312/B31 throw.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I was talking with @VoyagersRevenge about this yesterday. Kano Ball cancels done AFTER straight lasers act differently on B13 B23, and B31 starters than they do on 112 starters. I guess technically this makes 112 the bugged one? But it doesn't really matter. 112 tops out at 36% doing this anyway, so I don't see a reason as to why B13/B23/B31 should have these different, dumber properties.

I did also show that you can still hit the JIP with JI1, but the timing is very tight, especially on small, feminine hitboxes. I think it's to the point where it's not worth trying unless you're going against Jason/Goro/Torr/Predator/Kotal.

@ando1184 this might be something you could look into for your 2nd edition Kano video

Last edited:

Youphemism

I was talking with @VoyagersRevenge about this yesterday. Kano Ball cancels done AFTER straight lasers act differently on B13 B23, and B31 starters than they do on 112 starters. I guess technically this makes 112 the bugged one? But it doesn't really matter. 112 tops out at 36% doing this anyway, so I don't see a reason as to why B13/B23/B31 should have these different, dumber properties.

I did also show that you can still hit the JIP with JI1, but the timing is very tight, especially on small, feminine hitboxes. I think it's to the point where it's not worth trying unless you're going against Jason/Goro/Torr/Predator/Kotal.

@ando1184 this might be something you could look into for your 2nd edition Kano video
I don't get what exactly it is you're saying is the problem lol. Is it the pushback on certain strings before laser or the pushback after laser?

Youphemism

Certain strings before laser seem to affect pushback on the Kano ball after
I think that may be to do with the initial pushback on the string you're starting with, I mean look at how the first hit of 112 connected some of the time after laser but not all of the time.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I don't see why your using ball cancel in your combo. Why risk dropping it bc of a jump punch when you can just use b23 2+4 mb and get guaranteed 37% every time
I end it with 112 knife to keep em standing then either rush in grab, d4 knife, b13 3+4. Though highly dependent on how the opponent plays. I mix it up on guaranteed damage and stand pressure/gimmicks.

Like after laser or ex kano ball.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I had no idea I could punish knives :( it's more of my match up ignorance than anything.

Also I suk dek
Seems like he noticed that you ignored his gimmicks, Full throttle D3 into D4 Knives.. In a game where pokes can go back and fourth, the knives kinda catch you pressing buttons and gives Kano on hit advantage for more pressure

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Seems like he noticed that you ignored his gimmicks, Full throttle D3 into D4 Knives.. In a game where pokes can go back and fourth, the knives kinda catch you pressing buttons and gives Kano on hit advantage for more pressure
Yep. you can also punish straight laser
Yeah I should've adapted better. I'll just learn the match up and improve on it but it shouldn't really be taken as evidence of whether the MU is good or bad.