What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
the one more thing i wanna say about his offense is, that it will die at some point. you can only hit on block so many times without getting countered. i remember that Coach Steve match at ceo(?) where he went in too hard to close the round and got punished for it and lost. it really should only tick off when you got the knife and spacing game going as you wish, or on knockdown, and not repeat too often before mixing in a throw, armor or back off. you can still get good safe damage from far. these pace changes at the right moments are probably the key to success with cyber.

about b2, yes its probably not as good preemtive in the neutral, but as whiff punish and trip guard its pretty gdlk.
Sounds like something I would write lol.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I would say if you're going to use B2 as much as you are, try and confirm before you finish the whole string, just dial in B23 at first if you want, but dialing in all 3 is dangerous right? I'm not sure what the data is and when I look it up it says "Black market" (1+3 ender on B2,3) is 1 on block, has a startup of 1, 1 for all the data and does 100% damage... so idk the real data on that but the laser ender is -8 on block it says whereas just ending it at B2,3 leaves you at -4 so is much safer.

as for 11/112. I wasn't saying use it as like your main pressure tool or anything, but I'll D4 somebody and B31, then B1, then 11 if it makes them stand since it leaves at -2, then throw out a 2 or F4 or something. It's just a part of my pressure SOMETIMES lol.

Still needs a few buffs! Specials priority buff asap!

I'm actually considering going back to him full main before Summer Jam next month lol. At least co main for certain MU's.
hm i dont think he needs much, wrote before what i think but lets not do that here. who is your other main?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
hm i dont think he needs much, wrote before what i think but lets not do that here. who is your other main?
I've been doing well with Pyro Tanya, better than Kano against high comp, but to be honest I don't "enjoy" playing her nearly as much as I do Kano. If Tremor doesn't feel out I'll probably just go back to Cyber/Cutt altogether.

lemmywinks

losing record
I've been really enjoying cybernetic once I discovered the joy of backdashing to safety on blocked db1. From there you can go for a jump-in, or get back inside with a b2 and work the staggered string mind games. I think you can do something similar with cutthroat's blade slice. Does anyone else play this way, or is this a scrubby online tactic?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I've been really enjoying cybernetic once I discovered the joy of backdashing to safety on blocked db1. From there you can go for a jump-in, or get back inside with a b2 and work the staggered string mind games. I think you can do something similar with cutthroat's blade slice. Does anyone else play this way, or is this a scrubby online tactic?
I do but I am a scrubby online tactic.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

Scubby on-line tactic, this will get you blown up offline if they are familiar with the MU at all. No offense to you, you did say it though. Standing laser in Cyber can be punished by the majority of the cast for free. However on-line it might be a tight punish, in most cases. But many don't know the MU and well....online in this game is ass. Blade slice in CT is the same btw, though a frame or two less negative, but still punishable. B2 in Cyber also has terrible priority and by itself is not safe. I often get hit out of it by mashers, and if they block and you do the full string it is not safe. The 2+4 ender has proven to be safe for the most part, but your pressure ends.

lemmywinks

losing record
Good to know. I'll use it until people wise up to the MU and start punishing. Until then, it's a get out of jail free card online.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Good to know. I'll use it until people wise up to the MU and start punishing. Until then, it's a get out of jail free card online.
Some people get wise to the MU but fail to punish because of the crap that is on-line in this game. My recommendation is to not develop bad habits. Especially if you ever plan on attending any kind of off-line event. If not though go ham with on-line tactics.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
my approach to cyber kano:

my cybernetic is still somewhat fresh, so forgive me if the combos might not be optimized and the tech is kinda basic. the opponent is an ok quan chi, his mixups and combos were good, but i think if he zoned more he couldve beaten me. normally i would play cutthroat in this matchup, but i still think these matches are a good example of a cyber kano who plays zoning and footsies and not really much up-close pressure.

edit: i always thought there was a gap before ex rune that can be armored, but i suppose im wrong?
Wasnt too bad. Combos def needed some work. And string that end with 1+3 is punishable( maybe not with quan so ill give you that). I think your play would work better not agaisnt quan. With quan being more agressive helps so he cant get anything started. Alot of ex upball i found a lil silly, but it would keep you safe and has armour so i get that. But if you were caught in a vortex the meter you saved would be nice to break out if need be. Othwerwise not too bad, i would say a bit more b1s to catch ppl. It has deceptive range. 9frames on start up and wiff so throwing that out wont kill you. Seeing as b2 is slow and on a wrong read it can hurt. Also, last thing from me, i like to knock down quan. Like that commercial, quan fell down and now he cant get up. Haha! Restanding him gives him and opportunity( albeit small) a chance to do some shennanies

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. what if he mixes runes or bat in? he wins the zoning vs commndo, doesnt he vs cyber?
2. i have never seen any good quan user teleport more than once in 5 matches lol
3. straight ball has good Advantage and allows oki pressure, i dont see whats wrong with it
4. ok good to know, it looked like he couldve blocked
5. just given up on it as anti-air in most cases
6. hm gotta explore cybers poke game more. normally i use them to get out of pressure.
If he mixes in runes and bats then yeah it's going to get much much worse, and a top Summoner player is going to use all of them. I was just talking about skulls since that's what the guy did in your video lol.
But how many times have you seen Summoner vs Cybernetic? Exactly ;)
The problem is you're wasting a bar to go through one mediocre projectile when you need the meter for combos and can counterzone with knives meterlessly just fine.
Don't give up on B1 as an anti-air, against most of the cast it is an essential tool. If you don't use that then you're never going to be able to establish air control with this variation.
Yeah you want to use your pokes to keep your space and keep them off you.

And as others have mentioned don't be afraid to incorporate throws, low or throw is the mixup in this variation (and staggered blockstrings, ie doing B312 or B31 throw).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@DougDFC from what you said a while back, an easier way I've started switching sides during my Kano rebirth is after 2+4EX one dash and a short run.

So like say B13~DB1, B23 2+4EX, dash, short run, B1 B1 B1 B1 combo on the opposite side. Much easier execution wise.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Yo glad to see you guys critique and help new Kano players out there. I just started using ths character a couple days ago and fell in love with his playstyle as it suits my preferred style so well that im considering droping Kung Lao to my sub (and Anti Tanya character) and going Cybernetic. If you guys could critique my day 3 Kano, id appreciate it. :)

Im from the Dallas scene and I played on online set with one of the local guys on ps4. Match was still kinda laggy causing me to drop some combos and missed inputs but it was still somewhat manageable.

Somethings I noticed about my own gameplay:

- Im so use to having a good D1 from Kung Lao that I find myself using Kano's as well. I need to stop and use D3 for closer pokes cuz his D1 sucks lol.
- Im not use to having a long range D4 so I need to use it more.
- I should probably use 112 Laser punishers more often.
- Idk how to deal with Sonya Military Stance like... at all. Wtf do I do? I can only block the 50/50s. And her options outta the stance feel safe online, I can't punish. -__-
- Is F4 Laser a better and more consistent punish for Sonya's Divekick and Arc Kick?
- Imma start substituting 32 for 11 and sacrifice 2% in my corner combos cuz I keep dropping that ish online. :(
- I need to use his B13 Laser option select more often. Missed some combo opportunities cuz I didn't do it.

Anything else I don't see about myself, id appreciate the help guys!

Kabelfritz, so sad we aren't in the same region. We coulda played some games!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yo glad to see you guys critique and help new Kano players out there. I just started using ths character a couple days ago and fell in love with his playstyle as it suits my preferred style so well that im considering droping Kung Lao to my sub (and Anti Tanya character) and going Cybernetic. If you guys could critique my day 3 Kano, id appreciate it. :)

Im from the Dallas scene and I played on online set with one of the local guys on ps4. Match was still kinda laggy causing me to drop some combos and missed inputs but it was still somewhat manageable.

- Im so use to having a good D1 from Kung Lao that I find myself using Kano's as well. I need to stop and use D3 for closer pokes cuz his D1 sucks lol.
- Idk how to deal with Sonya Military Stance like... at all. Wtf do I do? I can only block the 50/50s. And her options outta the stance feel safe online, I can't punish. -__-
- Is F4 Laser a better and more consistent punish for Sonya's Divekick and Arc Kick?
- Imma start substituting 32 for 11 and sacrifice 2% in my corner combos cuz I keep dropping that ish online. :(
- I need to use his B13 Laser option select more often. Missed some combo opportunities cuz I didn't do it.

See I don't think it's a good idea to criticise online gameplay because we're going to point out things you know happened but you probably didn't want to happen. If I have some time I'll look at it and let you know but if you had any offline gameplay that'd be even better.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Ah okay I understand. I may be getting some games offline either this weekend or next weekend since im getting ready for EGL Dallas 10k so i'll see if I can.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Not sure how you can put down Lao for Kano, but if it fits enjoy! Not bad at all for a 3 day online Kano. I'm sure certain things like drops were from online so I won't bother with certain things. I'll point out the things I noticed from you as well as the the points you made in your post.

-For sure you have to use those low pokes more often. Kano has an amazing D4. Exploit it. D4 and D4~knife are really good. Quick run cancel of B31's/grab/B1's are good to do after landed D4's because of the advantage you get.

-Definitely use 112~Laser as the closer range punisher. Fastest frames and highest damage. Can't go wrong.

-I play Sonya offline a couple of days since release. One of my Top 3 most Exp MU's. You have to guess on the starters, but not after. Cyber hordes meter, and in this MU I tend to do more meterless combos and save meter for armor. You can armor the MS and the OH/Low. So say she does B14 OH Low string into MS Stance. You can EX Ball Cancel for full combo after the B1, or armor after the 4 if she does the OH pop up option or the grab. The low would hit you but only for 11%. So I usually go for the armor after because the risk/reward is in your favor. If you block the OH MS option you can full combo, but I prefer to put the odds in my favor with armor'ing through the string or the MS.

-100%. Anything else can have an inconsistent hitbox if not perfectly timed. When you block arc kicks you can get out an early F4~Laser combo every time. If you want 10/10 punishes on the kick use F4~Laser.

-I've done that offline lol. I prefer consistency over an extra % or 2.

-Yea the option select with laser is one of the easier ones of the games. It's the best way to have up close control with him.

Outside of those points, I would say play a little more safe. Kano in Cyber is hella safe. I saw you do a lot of jumping air balls which you should tone down some. You don't wanna get blown up by some of these uber offense characters. Use them a little less because Kano doesn't have to get in on guys, they come to him in a lot of MU's. Especially Sonya. I would use it in EX mode ever so often to crush their block, but less overall than I saw. Use your dashes, zoning, and footsie tools in the place of those airballs.

Overall, pretty good for limited Kano exp. You have the right idea on how to play him.

If he mixes in runes and bats then yeah it's going to get much much worse, and a top Summoner player is going to use all of them. I was just talking about skulls since that's what the guy did in your video lol.
But how many times have you seen Summoner vs Cybernetic? Exactly ;)
The problem is you're wasting a bar to go through one mediocre projectile when you need the meter for combos and can counterzone with knives meterlessly just fine.
Don't give up on B1 as an anti-air, against most of the cast it is an essential tool. If you don't use that then you're never going to be able to establish air control with this variation.
Yeah you want to use your pokes to keep your space and keep them off you.

And as others have mentioned don't be afraid to incorporate throws, low or throw is the mixup in this variation (and staggered blockstrings, ie doing B312 or B31 throw).
ok i guess i gotta play more quan. about the meter, i think cyber has the best meterless damage out of all kanos, i dont think im gonna stop throwing it out :D. really, stopping any kind of momentum is more important to me than damage. but ill see how that plays out.

b1, yes, you really gotta know which air normals you can use it against. kotal, quan, ferra torr, all these that go horizontal in the air beat it, SZ und scorp j3 are also almost unbeatable. i decided to uppercut everyone for the moment and work on other stuff first, but i should probably pick it up at some point again.

and about throwing, i actually throw a lot, just not in these recorded matches. d3 -> throw on hit is one of my favourite things to do :). i can jsut imagine how annoying it is to hear ding ding ... DING over and over :D

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Didn't watch all of it but a quick tip. After restand in the corner she tries to jump a lot. B1 will blow up all jumps (you were using s1 a lot which can be neutral ducked and neutral jumped). When they start respecting the restand I like b31 since its plus, hit confirmable and a low (which shouldn't matter but eh people fuck up)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've got some good anti-top tier tech I've recently found but I'm too much of an ancient to know how to post videos. When I'm ready I'll have @ando1184 make a Part 2 of his tech video for me if he's down.