What's new

Kano Kombos

Milk

Snake eyes
Bout to hit the lab with Kano, seeing what he's capable of, I haven't tried a lot of his normal kombos, but we'll see what he's got. Anyone else got some stuff?

UPDATE: Now you can find a more robust and insightful version in The Kano Guide

Compilation of everything we have discussed about Kano in the strategy thread, combos made by the whole Kano community, now with more cybernetic aye and spacing to avoid clustering.

Terminology

For simplicity all jump in kicks will be noted as ji:fk but they can be done with :fk or :bk

For simplicity all jump in punches will be noted as ji:fp but they can be done with :fp or :bp

Jump In: ji

Jump Back: jb

Dash In: :r:r

Dash Out: :l:l

Enhanced: :en

X-Ray: :x

Specials

Ball: :r:d:l:r (11% / :en12%) Can also be done with :r:d:l:u

Air Ball: :r:d:l:r [Air] (8% / :en16%) Can also be done with :r:d:l:u [Air]

Up ball: :d:r:bp (11% / :en13%)

Knife: :d:l:bp (9% / :en14%)

Choke: :d:r:fp (9% / :en15%)

:x: :fk+:bk+:blk (41%)

Note: You can change Ball, Up ball, Choke or Knife for each other in almost all of Kano's combos for different results like leave your opponent in front of you, or to gain different amount of spacing after the knockback, sometimes damage is not all you should look for but rater how well you control the spacing of the match, this also apply for Air Grab and Air Ball.

Basic Combos

:l:bp:fk:d:r:bp (18%)

:l:bp:r:fp:d:r:bp (21%) Best option for Overhead

ji:fk Air Grab (15%) Best option without meter

ji:fk:r:d:l:r (14%) :en version boost the damage to 22%

Combo Juggles Starters

:bp:fp:bp Quite safe on block and good amount of time to follow the combo

:r:fk:l:bp Quite safe on block and slightly better amount of time to follow the combo

:l:fp:fp:bp Quite safe on block and combo need to be followed immediately

Note: You can do any of this combo strings to start a juggle combo, the only difference is the damage output, how safe is it on block and the amount of time you have to follow up the juggle.

Combo Juggles

ji:fp, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r (33%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r (34%)

ji:fp, :r:fk:l:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r (34%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :l:fp:fp:bp, :d:fp, :r:d:l:r (34%) Need good timing with the low punch

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r (36%)

ji:fp, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, jb:en:r:d:l:r [Air] 36%

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :l:fp:fp:d:r:bp (37%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :l:fp:bp:d:r:bp (37%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:fp (38%) Really strict timing

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, jb:en:r:d:l:r [Air] (38%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, ji:fk:en:r:d:l:r [Air] (38%)

Wall Juggle

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :fk:fk:d:r:bp (37%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :l:fp:bp:d:r:fp (39%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :fp:fp:en:d:r:fp (39%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :l:fp:bp:d:r:bp (40%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :l:fp:fp:d:r:bp (40%)

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :bp:fp:bp, :fp:fp:bp:en:d:r:bp (40%)

:x Setups (You need to make them block or else they can jump the :x)

:fp:fp:x (45%)

:bp:fp:x (46%)

:r:fp:fp:x (48%)

:r:fp:bp:x (50%)

:l:fp:bp:x (52%) The most risky option to attempt the :x but the most rewarding

Misc.

Anit-Wake Up: Air Ball is an excellent punish for wake up situation, it can either stuff or avoid most wake up attack options unless they are the :en version of them do to the super armor, also you can use Kano's :x as it posses super armor which can absorb a hit and is unblockable.

Mixups: As you know Kano don't posses any combo string with a low property which hurt his mixup game but don't completely shutdown your options, as showed by Vulcan Hades in the video thread, you can condition your opponent to block low by dash canceling :d:fk into another :d:fk which open him to grabs or overhead punish, you can mix this :d:fk with :fp:fp which also can be canceled into a :d:r:fp which if blocked give you some spacing to avoid retaliation. You also can mixup empty jumps and deep jump in kicks, the later can be followed immediately with a dash cancel into a combo for extra damage.

Edit: Had to remove the link to Vulcan Hades video on the Mixups section because youtube auto embedded it and broke the paragraph in two, the video is still on the Kano Video Thread.

I think it's more organized if we start putting combos in here. Strategy section is kind of hard to find combos in. Let's keep it to strategy.

:fp,:fp, :d:r :fp choke (13%) (18% with :en )
Jump in :fk, :r:d:l:r downward kano ball (14%) (22% with :en)
:l:bp,:fk, :d:r:bp Upward Kano Ball (18%) (21% with jump in)
:l:bp, :r:fp, :d:r:bp Upward Kano Ball (21%) (23% only with :en might not be worth it)
:bp:fp:bp, dash, :bp:fp:bp, dash, :bp:fp:bp, :d:r:bp Upward Kano Ball (30%) ( 33% with jump in hit)
:l:fp:bp:fp, dash, :bp:fp:bp, dash, :bp:fp:bp, :d:r:bp Upward Kano Ball (33%) (36% with jump in hit)

:l:fp,:fp,:bp, dash, :l:fp, :fp, :bp xx ball = 31%, works anywhere, timing is a bit tricky but not hard after a few minutes of practice, its nice because even if you miss the ball, you still get 24%, and some distance

Gast

Noob
Hey, I´ve been messing around a bit with Kano and I found this mid-screen combo:

ji 1/2, B1, 1, 2 -> 2, 1, 2 -> j3/4 -> Ex air ball. 11 hits for 39% damage. I think its 36% without the jump in punch. I´m not sure if its a point to doing the non EX version, cause it does less damage than most of his other combos from B1, 1, 2.

Hey, I´ve been messing around a bit with Kano and I found this mid-screen combo:

ji 1/2, B1, 1, 2 -> 2, 1, 2 -> j3/4 -> Ex air ball. 11 hits for 39% damage. I think its 36% without the jump in punch. I´m not sure if its a point to doing the non EX version, cause it does less damage than most of his other combos from B1, 1, 2.
39% form mid screen is EXTREMELY good for Kano, updating compilation post.

yes it is and You want us to Kano Ball at the end?
I don't understand why you point out the cannonball at the end, is the same in put as air cannonball and I have an (Air) at the end of it, or did I understood something wrong?

Also, don't do regular ball it's not worth it, it do the same damage as if you just followup the standard :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r which I think is easier to pull off but that also may be just my own poor execution. :p

Mgt2

Noob
I don't understand why you point out the cannonball at the end, is the same in put as air cannonball and I have an (Air) at the end of it, or did I understood something wrong?

Also, don't do regular ball it's not worth it, it do the same damage as if you just followup the standard :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:d:l:r which I think is easier to pull off but that also may be just my own poor execution. :p
I was just confused with the previous post terms. that is all. hmm

Mgt2

Noob
I accept any suggestion on how to fix my crud terminology, I suck at making guides, even if they are just compilations. XD
lol Do not worry about it. I think I get it now. I did the combo tho and I got 36%. Maybe I did something wrong? I am going to try it again some more. I love the combo tho I don't know why never crossed my mind. T_T

lol Do not worry about it. I think I get it now. I did the combo tho and I got 36%. Maybe I did something wrong? I am going to try it again some more. I love the combo tho I don't know why never crossed my mind. T_T
Did you used the :en version of the air ball? the regular one does 36% and the :en 39%

Awesome damage for one meter, even though it is only 3% more than the j.1, b+1,1,2 dash 2,1,2 dash ball.
3% is a lot of progress right now, specially if it can be done from mid screen.

Gast

Noob
Well I kinda got inspiration from Kabals bnb with the jumping 3/4 into air fireball. So I thought Kano might be able to do something similar, since his EX air ball does quite a lot of damage actually. Also sorry about the terminology thing, I didn´t check the Kano boards very regularly before XD

Regular air ball only seem to do about 31% so I don´t know why one would want to use it for the combo. That is without the jump-in punch.

Added a new Juggle Combo

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:fp (38%)

Timing is strict as hell

Also, PLEASE, if you discover new combos post here and I will update the compilation, otherwise I have to lurk on each post looking for the juicy new stuff... not that I mind tough. :p

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
wth? how did you get timing right? I did try this but I failed hard. lol
Have to do the deepest dash possible before the second b1,1,2 string kinda feel for the first active frame and you have to make sure you hit b+2 at the same time he cant move backwards. Its right about the time there body starts floating back down.

I have a harder time linking the b1,1,2 string then landing the b2 one. Also you can practice with just 1 b1,1,2 launch.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
2 more combos for you guys I really was confident I could hit 40 with what I had planned but I failed bad.

Jump in punch, 212 x3 back jump~ex downball 36%
http://youtu.be/osZ42eT3WA8

Jump in punch, b1,1,2, 212 x2 back jump~ex ball 39%
http://youtu.be/jd7kO7bB8hg

Did it both on stick and pad, with stick being much easier but doable on pad. I was practicing the fastest down ball he can do and thought i would incorporate best I could to try to squeeze more damage out.....

Sully

Noob
Added a new Juggle Combo

ji:fp, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:fp (38%)

Timing is strict as hell

Also, PLEASE, if you discover new combos post here and I will update the compilation, otherwise I have to lurk on each post looking for the juicy new stuff... not that I mind tough. :p
This is pretty hardcore Arcade. I do want to mention that I know off of standard b2, f1 you can get an upball... and it does more damage than the joke... so maybe? That may be the 40 you're looking for as I know that standard b2, f1, upball (21%) does more than b2, f1 choke (19%). So maybe even an ex-upball to see how high the damage will go.

I like contributing, I wish my technical execution was tight enough to pull this off, I'm sure it might be some day, but I'm not exactly a fighting game veteran.

This is pretty hardcore Arcade. I do want to mention that I know off of standard b2, f1 you can get an upball... and it does more damage than the joke... so maybe? That may be the 40 you're looking for as I know that standard b2, f1, upball (21%) does more than b2, f1 choke (19%). So maybe even an ex-upball to see how high the damage will go.

I like contributing, I wish my technical execution was tight enough to pull this off, I'm sure it might be some day, but I'm not exactly a fighting game veteran.
The problem is that in that combo the bounce after :l:bp:r:fp is so small and with such pushback that I couldn't land anything but the choke... once... -_-

(J:fp/:bp) :l+:fp:fp:bp, :r:r:bp:fp:bp, :r:r :l:fp:bpxx:d:r:bp
*37% with jump, 33%/34% without (I don't remember, sorry). Just end with the final string ever so slightly earlier than hitting :bp:fp:bp in the normal BNB. VERY lax for a very slight damage boost.

It was easier to me then ending with :bp:fp:bp,:r:d:l:r

(J:fp/:bp) :l+:fp:fp:bp, :r:r:bp:fp:bp, :r:r :l:fp:bpxx:d:r:bp
*37% with jump, 33%/34% without (I don't remember, sorry). Just end with the final string ever so slightly earlier than hitting :bp:fp:bp in the normal BNB. VERY lax for a very slight damage boost.

It was easier to me then ending with :bp:fp:bp,:r:d:l:r
Thank you, added to the combo compilation.

2 more combos for you guys I really was confident I could hit 40 with what I had planned but I failed bad.

Jump in punch, 212 x3 back jump~ex downball 36%
http://youtu.be/osZ42eT3WA8

Jump in punch, b1,1,2, 212 x2 back jump~ex ball 39%
http://youtu.be/jd7kO7bB8hg

Did it both on stick and pad, with stick being much easier but doable on pad. I was practicing the fastest down ball he can do and thought i would incorporate best I could to try to squeeze more damage out.....
Sorry, I didn't noticed this earlier, gonna add it to the guide.