What's new

Kano Kombos

I really want a Kano v. Kano gif on Evil Monastery with both of them holding ex-ball as the BG go day to night to day as a tag.

Yeah, it's Kano combo related. 'Wanna fight about it?

cyke_out

Noob
This is totally useless, but you can do f+4 into up ball mid screen for 19%
not bad for a 2 hit combo.

Now, while would someone ever do f+4 is beyond me.

cyke_out

Noob
F+4 a low crush? So Kano's got a tekken hop kick!

We really need to get some frame data for this game. when does the low avoidance frame starts, etc.. There is so much about this game we just don't know about.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
F+4 a low crush? So Kano's got a tekken hop kick!

We really need to get some frame data for this game. when does the low avoidance frame starts, etc.. There is so much about this game we just don't know about.
Ill tell you its about 15+ frames slower then the average tekken hop kick and doesn't lead to a full launch, god if kano had a 1 hit launcher like that, happy thoughts.

Hey Arcade-Fever I really like what you did with the main post. Looks like we have the best Kano guide on the net so far!:headbang:

Hey Arcade-Fever I really like what you did with the main post. Looks like we have the best Kano guide on the net so far!:headbang:
Thanks man, I'm trying to keep it as clean and informative as possible.

What are Kano's main BnBs and best corner/X-Ray combos?
In my opinion, a Launcher string into special is your BnB, specially if you want to play safe, but since also, all his juggles work around that, it's actually very silly not follow up the juggle if they can't break you, even if they can they may decide to save the meter and just take the damage.

As best combos just work around what you feel more comfortable with, however for mid screen combo I do recommend the last of the list that do 39%, it's quite easy to land, only use 1 meter and deal almost your :x damage.

You can't combo Kano's :x, all you can do is attempt a setup, use it as a wake up, or try to counter your opponent moves with the super armor, and please never, EVER use it as a random :x, it is too slow and chances are that it would be jumped out and you will waste your full meter.

Mutton

Noob
The best part about his XRay is the super armor; bait out an attack and blast through it. You generally can't jump mid attack, so there's no avoiding it.

cyke_out

Noob
Can anyone provide me with a specific BnB combo I can start practicing or a list of juggles to use?
If you just want someone to pick one for you, then work on

b+1,1,2 dash 2,1,2 dash 2,1,2 ball or dash then up ball for 33%

you can add a jump in punch to start it and get 36%

This is my most used combo. it works as a good punish after a blocked move like a spin or a teleport, just make sure they land first before going into the b+1,1,2 string.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
If you have problems playing online to perform a decent corner combo you can try to :
J:bp,:l:fp:fp:bp,:fp:fp,:fp:fp,:fp:fp-upball for a decent solid 31%
It less damage than others but you don´t need to have any timing (or you can perform it in a laggy game), just mash :fp after the string
Aracde-fever, qué tal, veo que hablamos el mismo idioma :china:

-YMK-

Noob
I've found for :r+:fp,:bp to be a good wall carry finisher after a juggle combo and it still allows you to combo a ball or knife.

Kano's combo that end with ball such as 212x3 can be ended differently. Since I'm terrible with inputs I have trouble using ball in combos. So I end them with dash up ball. So combos like 212x3 and b 112x 2 can be ended with dash up ball. Find much it easier to do ff, qcf, rather than hcb, f.

Malec

Noob
Kano's combo that end with ball such as 212x3 can be ended differently. Since I'm terrible with inputs I have trouble using ball in combos. So I end them with dash up ball. So combos like 212x3 and b 112x 2 can be ended with dash up ball. Find much it easier to do ff, qcf, rather than hcb, f.
i had also problems with hcb,f at first, try hcb,ub it also works and imo its much easier

Actually if you read the notes under the "Specials" section you will see that I mentioned that in most combos all the specials are interchangeable.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It is a pain in the ass sometimes to land the straight ball after 212. With that string you can't cancel into the ball so you have wait till the first frame to hit the F. If you try doing it too quick it will only register d,b,f instead of f,d,b,f if you don't time it right.

Malec

Noob
dont see the point in straight ball in combos anyway. after b1,1,2 or 2,1,2 u dash 2,1,2, dash b1,2~up ball or dash f1,2~choke

dont see the point in straight ball in combos anyway. after b1,1,2 or 2,1,2 u dash 2,1,2, dash b1,2~up ball or dash f1,2~choke
Well, if you are used to the :bp:fp:bp timing its really easy to land, but I use the 39% one most of the time, easy to land, easy to do and deal as much damage as our :x with only 1 bar leaving you with a breaker for emergency situations.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Talking about :r:fk,:l:bp string, yesterday i was checking in training that if you combo this string with the others :bp:fp:bp you don´t need to dash to connect with the first :bp:fp:bp because you have more time with the :fk string because it leaves you higher.
Just WALK , try it. ;)

Nurama

Noob
Kano has a new wall combo too, 212, 212, up ball, up ball for 32% damage.

As far as I can tell it does not work if you do towards 3, away 2 into 212, up ball. which only does 26%