What's new

Kano Kombos

Moving the Guide to his own individual thread since we are getting an influx of new people and I don't think some of them would take the time to read the second post here, :p

Keep discussing combos here, if we discover new good stuff I will update the guide.

-YMK-

Noob
Ive started adding B+1 after a launcher to make the juggle for 2,1,2

so I do something like (2,1,2/F+3,b+2), dash b+1, dash 2,1,2 dash b+1,2 Upball.

the damage doesnt change whether its in there or not, just makes the timing is easier for me.

cyke_out

Noob
(2,1,2/F+3,b+2), dash b+1, dash 2,1,2 dash b+1,2 Upball
This looks alot better than trying to guage when to do a 2,1,2 after the launch. that slight pause waiting for the opponent to fall around waist level can be tricky. I also like the b+1,2 ender into up ball. I hate doing normal balls after 2,1,2 and I usually do 2,1,2 dash then up-ball as an ender, but now I'll try this too.

-YMK-

Noob
Change that ender to f+1,f+2, 1% less damage, but its a lot more reliable which is what Im shooting for in this combo.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Can anyone do the B1,1,2 dash..... online? It seems to be impossible, i just do B1,1,2 upball as a punisher o B1,1,2 ..... in the corner.
i prefer the 2,1,2dash-.... online

Can anyone do the B1,1,2 dash..... online? It seems to be impossible, i just do B1,1,2 upball as a punisher o B1,1,2 ..... in the corner.
i prefer the 2,1,2dash-.... online
I do the same, when I land a:l:fp:fp:bp I just go intermediately for a special do to the lag, :bp:fp:bp repetitions are slightly easier to land but I cant get more than 2 on a row, the rest is Knife zoning and ball punishment, but using Air Ball as a projectile punish is hard with lag.

NRS need to fix this, I don't ask for a godly BB netcode, a SFIV one would be more than enough.

cyke_out

Noob
I've had matches where I can land any combo I want and I've had matches where I couldn't get an up-ball out in time to anti-air.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Wait till they are about to land and hit them with a b112 it will come out as they land but before they can block. It does not work with milenas floor drop. It is very consistent once you get the timing down.

Midscreen:
JP,B112,Dash,212,Dash,B12,Upball
JP,212,Dash,212,Dash,B12,Upball
JP,F3B2,Dash,212,Dash,B12,Upball
JP,B23,Upball
NJP,Dash,212,JK+Throw

Corner:
JP,B112,212,212,B12,Choke
JP,212,212,B12,Choke
JP,F3B2,212,212,B12,Choke

Cant figure out any of Kano Meter usage instead of Xray/Breaker. Any Combos with ex moves that are worth? And what about mine combos? Are they okay? Or is there better choice ?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Ji1-b112-212-b12-upball-37%
Ji1-212-212-b2f1-upball-36%
ji1-f3b2-212-b2f1-upball-36%

ji1-f3b2-b11-ExKnife-f12-upball-42%

cyke_out

Noob
Why have I never thought about ending with f+1,2 upball instead of b+1,2 upball? It's a whole 3% more damage!

Now i just need to retrain my muscle memory, which won't be too hard since I've been making the switch to a stick for the past week, I can hit balls so much easier now, but I still fucking can't do ex balls 100%!

Why have I never thought about ending with f+1,2 upball instead of b+1,2 upball? It's a whole 3% more damage!

Now i just need to retrain my muscle memory, which won't be too hard since I've been making the switch to a stick for the past week, I can hit balls so much easier now, but I still fucking can't do ex balls 100%!
Oops my bad I left out a 212, but the timing on this isn't really strict at all.
But I also found: 212(dash)212(dash)212(dash)f12(upball) 33% and with a jip 37%

Kanoball is definitely important to Kano even for spacing, against Cage, Kung Lao and Subzero(the chars I like to zone mainly) I drop my combos just before I would upball and I kanoball over them on the ground putting me back at fullscreen distance, it's handy but make sure not to accidentally trap yourself in a corner doing this.

cyke_out

Noob
Has anyone found any good jump kick combo's, or is jump kick into air throw still the best.

I really wanted to teach Mileena to be afraid of using d+4.

Has anyone found any good jump kick combo's, or is jump kick into air throw still the best.

I really wanted to teach Mileena to be afraid of using d+4.
I use kanoball, it beats and is faster than her d4. It also beats her roll most of the time (I think it beats kanoball if she is nearly at the end of a roll, not really sure). Obviously since it's so unsafe don't throw it out willy nilly. You can use f33 as well, but you have to get the timing and spacing right which is tough to do in a match.

I find myself using as many 212s as possible in combos these days. That takes the opponent real far toward the corner and also has the highest damage of his meterless bnb's. The main exception is when I'm near the corner, in which case I like doing whatever into 212, j.k -> airthrow to switch positions.

The new patch makes the airthrow ender a lot less enticing than it used to be, though I still use it in my main combos against characters weak to crossups (e.g. Ermac) or those whom you need to keep close to you (Sub, Kabal).