What's new

General/Other - Kano KANO IS LIKE, BOTTOM ZERO GUYS

lemmywinks

losing record
Well I'm just a little upset because during one of showtime's matches he clearly made a read that the opponent was gonna jump at him. The opponent did ,so showtime EX up balled only, he got jump kicked out of it. It didn't take a hit of armor or nothing, just straight up kicked em outta it. Idk bout the rest of you but to me, that scenario's not supposed to happen like that.....
Kano can get hit out with a wet noodle. His priority is god awful. Meanwhile, guys like Kung Jizz can hit you out with the breeze of his bow.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
well the EX ball is actually usually very reliable in my experience, though I have still noticed getting hit out of it at weird times without the armor absorbing a hit. Perhaps it loses the armor over time? or towards the end of the animation? His regular upball does have shitty priority, but that is what it is, can deal with it.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
well the EX ball is actually usually very reliable in my experience, though I have still noticed getting hit out of it at weird times without the armor absorbing a hit. Perhaps it loses the armor over time? or towards the end of the animation? His regular upball does have shitty priority, but that is what it is, can deal with it.
I have the exact opposite experience. Almost always do they put themselves into a position to force the ball to whiff. Everybody I play against knows what to do on knockdown, whether it's an armor breaking setup, or just crouchblocking a few feet away. The only times I can EX up ball wakeup with any sort of reliability are against Jason, predator, Goro, or Torr.

It also saddens me that TYM, and by extension most of the MK community doesn't understand the idea that a character can drop due to other's rising above them. Day 1 Kano might have been "fine", but this is no longer the case.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Ummm you saw a takeda cause...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I be hunting and haven't seen one. and kano could have made top 8 . But got outplayed from skill factor. Reptile made top 8 by really playing the match up. If that could happen kano can make it.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Reptie have an OH/L mixup game? I'm not saying that's what makes a character great or even good, but you get someone that guesses wrong a lot, and they're going to lose. Milky is a great player, and you have to be to make EVO top 8, but I'm not too sure someone of his caliber would've made EVO top 8 had they played Cyber or Commando Kano. Maybe even Cutthroat.

Of course I can be totally wrong on this line of thought.

-

Man that was a good EVO top 8. Shocked that DJT went 0-4, and I had higher expectations for Ketchup.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I was going to write out a whole big post about my disgust at some of the shit arguments and insane downplaying coming from this forum but I think I'll just let this sentence make my opinion clear instead.

PS. Why are you even still coming in here downplaying when most of you have switched to another character anyway? We're trying to NOT be the Kitana community, remember?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Reptie have an OH/L mixup game? I'm not saying that's what makes a character great or even good, but you get someone that guesses wrong a lot, and they're going to lose. Milky is a great player, and you have to be to make EVO top 8, but I'm not too sure someone of his caliber would've made EVO top 8 had they played Cyber or Commando Kano. Maybe even Cutthroat.

-

Man that was a good EVO top 8. Shocked that DJT went 0-4, and I had higher expectations for Ketchup.
yeah but it terms of oh/l mix ups - this top 8 ( even top 32) proved that at high level zoning, reads, and footsies where just as important ( if not more in some matches). But even with having oh/l mix ups- reptile does not really have damage to be fearfull of. now, not neither Kano or Reptile are top tier but id say they were pretty much even mediums. But i just dont think that Kano is in any way close to bottom but because of his placing in this tournament. .

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
shitposting begets shitposting.
That's a horrible argument. When GAV flooded the Kano Buff thread with whiny pictures, nobody went at him. If you feel that they are shitposting, you should also feel that they're doing it for attention. And why would you give someone like that the attention they crave?

I was going to write out a whole big post about my disgust at some of the shit arguments and insane downplaying coming from this forum but I think I'll just let this sentence make my opinion clear instead.

PS. Why are you even still coming in here downplaying when most of you have switched to another character anyway? We're trying to NOT be the Kitana community, remember?
I was never a fan of the up/downplaying mechanic. There is always two sides to every story, and then there is the truth. Despite my stance that Kano needs fixes, and a little here and there on each variation, I still play Kano and almost exclusively Kano. It's pretty well accepted that Kano, among others like Ferra/torr and Reptile have been passed by, and need varying levels of help to compete in the grand scheme of things. But that's neither here nor there. I wished that NRS just let the game sit and mature for half a year before even having the meeting where they discuss the meeting where they'd discuss balance. Only "balance patches" should've been FIXES to stuff that is clearly not working as intended(beneficial or otherwise).

Here this guy is again with the term "Downplaying". Theres nothing to downplay at all guy. Get a reality check, the character is dying fast and/or already dead. No one at this tournament feared a Kano, I mean there were more hype talks about Ferra Torr than Kano. The only reason announcers got excited about Kano on a stream, is the fact that theyve almost never seen one... much like an almost extinct Bald Eagle. We need help immediately in the next patch or the character is just a footnote. BTW.... the character shouldnt be garbage. He is the face of a Faction,BLACK DRAGON. Tell me, out of all the Faction Leaders, (Sub Zero, Quan Chi , Raiden , and Sonya) is Kano even close to competing with them? They all can break you open with strings that contain Overheads or Normal Overheads that lead to 30% combos.

P.S. the Kitana community must be pretty happy since the number one player in the world picked her up and won ESL and beat the piss out of most the top players at EVO. So yeah.... i kinda wanna be like the Kitana community if it helps my character become relevant again.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

-

I give Ketchup props for sticking with Quan Chi and reaching the absolute ceiling with him, but Quan is so limited in the corner.

The only thing he can really do is jump out - or use an unarmored and unsafe (and slow) overhead or low (which has no range) to combo out. So, the best players - that know this - just sit on an armored move - and a jump out crush - and just say what are you gonna do.

Its a shame because Ketchup gets the game's meta so thoroughly and plays so superbly, but that corner is like Kryptonite.

Everyone is at a disadvantage in the corner in this game, but you need a few tools to kombat it.

I even think that going Warlock might actually be a viable option at this point. At least then, he has 3 things he can do.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Here this guy is again with the term "Downplaying". Theres nothing to downplay at all guy. Get a reality check, the character is dying fast and/or already dead. No one at this tournament feared a Kano, I mean there were more hype talks about Ferra Torr than Kano. The only reason announcers got excited about Kano on a stream, is the fact that theyve almost never seen one... much like an almost extinct Bald Eagle. We need help immediately in the next patch or the character is just a footnote. BTW.... the character shouldnt be garbage. He is the face of a Faction,BLACK DRAGON. Tell me, out of all the Faction Leaders, (Sub Zero, Quan Chi , Raiden , and Sonya) is Kano even close to competing with them? They all can break you open with strings that contain Overheads or Normal Overheads that lead to 30% combos.

P.S. the Kitana community must be pretty happy since the number one player in the world picked her up and won ESL and beat the piss out of most the top players at EVO. So yeah.... i kinda wanna be like the Kitana community if it helps my character become relevant again.
I feel your pain man,, really.. but at least you had a few visible GOOD Kanos... I watched countless matches and i didnt see uno takeda.. not even one .. So if you feel like the character is dying i can relate but i really think that saying Kano is bottom is milking it. Yeah Kano def has bad match up against sonya and Raiden- (75% of the cast does) but i say with QC once he gets in he can break pretty even and Kano mercs Subzero in all varations.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I feel your pain man,, really.. but at least you had a few visible GOOD Kanos... I watched countless matches and i didnt see uno takeda.. not even one .. So if you feel like the character is dying i can relate but i really think that saying Kano is bottom is milking it. Yeah Kano def has bad match up against sonya and Raiden- (75% of the cast does) but i say with QC once he gets in he can break pretty even and Kano mercs Subzero in all varations.
Kano isn't the only one who needs help man. The thing is, Kano players on the Kano board are going to be talking about Kano, rather than have in depth discussions about what other character's need.

And nobody thinks Kano is bottom 1. When there's bad times, It'll never get better. When there's good times, those good time will NEVER end.

Yeah he can deal with Quan and Sub to an extent... but all they HAVE to do is BLOCK LOW. You cant even use Cutthroat as a viable argument because your character literally has to be inside of the opponent for his B1 to connect Overhead. Its not that Kano has no offense, its that his offense poses no danger due to the lack of any can opener for combos.

Then you look at Commando and think, OK... they're blocking all the time so lets throw em to death. NOPE, because the man cannot link any strings into command throws. Erron Black has almost his entire repertoire that goes into throw, Kotal Kahn Sun God has options, PLUS his command grab is a simple circle away motion to boot. They need to make his command grab use EB's lunging grab hit box animation to connect his grabs.

Last edited:

Levaranoia

War God
Kano is the only character not represented in Evo's top 64. Therefore he is the worst in the game.

Discuss.

Except there's no reason to, because the results of one tournament that one time have spoken.

Salt goes here.
I'm pretty sure that showtime used him and got 25th place.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Yeah he can deal with Quan and Sub to an extent... but all they HAVE to do is BLOCK LOW. You cant even use Cutthroat as a viable argument because your character literally has to be inside of the opponent for his B1 to connect Overhead. Its not that Kano has no offense, its that his offense poses no danger due to the lack of any can opener for combos.
I don't think Kano needs an overhead on Cyber or Commando though. In my dream world(Where Kano is Elder God Tier on Machismo alone), Cyber ends up with great chip pressure akin to Liu Liu or Shinnok, Commando has scary tick setups and overall mixups, and Cutthroat had the OH/L game people seem to salivate over, rather than his T-Rex overhead

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Kano isn't the only one who needs help man. The thing is, Kano players on the Kano board are going to be talking about Kano, rather than have in depth discussions about what other character's need.

And nobody thinks Kano is bottom 1. When there's bad times, It'll never get better. When there's good times, those good time will NEVER end.
haha i see what you mean .. i was just going by the OP topic of Kano is Bottom Zero- i use kano in player matches but feel his not my style , i just didnt think he was bottom zero .

DougDFC, not arguing with by any means here. But in what world does Commando have "scary" tick setups? F3,3/ D1/D3 a blocked jump in punch? These are not viable in anyway to be relied upon consistently. So Commando needs a major overhaul. Man gimme a buff like this.... Let me MB his parry to work against jump in attacks. I ask for this since his MB up ball still gets beat out by ANY basic jump in attack even after their supposed fix. I mean pretty much a well aimed toothpick could take him out of MB up ball.NRS needs to give him some sort of bounce up move to let you get some kind of combo threat. Make his ball bounce off on block like Blankas at least so you could get some sort of frame advantage to land MB command grabs with armor. I dunno, at this point it all might be a moot subject. The drive to play him anymore is dwindling in the face of much better and much more fun options.