What's new

General/Other - Kano KANO IS LIKE, BOTTOM ZERO GUYS

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
That would be pretty funny, only that Hat Trick already got more buffs than all of Kano's variations combined :^)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
There wasn't a single Hat Trick player even COMPETING let alone top 64. Can we please get these Kung Lao buffs already as well, they are way overdue
You Hat Trick players already got some buffs last patch. :p

Hat Trick buffs were too recent for all the incoming Hat Trick main's to adjust to such a demanding variation in a short amount of time. Cyber/Commando however have yet to receive a single buff outside of that glitched duckable unwanted Upball buff, while somehow Cutthroat is the least used of the three.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I didn't watch all EVO matches, so maybe I missed something, but didn't Showtime, one of the most skilled Sonya players, drop her for Kano? Dropping a top 10 character for an underpowered character? Kano is fine IMO.
There's always an exception to every rule. The sole individual of high skill in the last two months to pick up a Kano while dropping a former main.

Do you really want the laundry list of all the Kano players who dropped him from the 1st month to now? For comparison's sake? Warning, it's tremendously long.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You Hat Trick players already got some buffs last patch. :p

Hat Trick buffs were too recent for all the incoming Hat Trick main's to adjust to such a demanding variation in a short amount of time. Cyber/Commando however have yet to receive a single buff outside of that glitched duckable unwanted Upball buff, while somehow Cutthroat is the least used of the three.
True, true. We are the sleeper God tier of MKX this patch, gotta let it chill for a bit

That would be pretty funny, only that Hat Trick already got more buffs than all of Kano's variations combined :^)
It was still funny tho you humourless prick

So would the quickest way to sum up Kanos problems be "he's too generic"? Is that a fair description?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I main Kotal Kahn, he is a deeply flawed character in the end with a bucket load of issues, which will only get worse over time as people start really looking at the frame data numbers and start punishing stuff everyone thinks is safe.

He's still better than any kano variation though :eek:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
True, true. We are the sleeper God tier of MKX this patch, gotta let it chill for a bit

It was still funny tho you humourless prick

So would the quickest way to sum up Kanos problems be "he's too generic"? Is that a fair description?
Watching sideshow bob step on a rake is funny. Reading the 400th ironic "BUFF X" on the Kano board isn't. Don't be upset with me, be upset with the 399 before you.

skater11

The saltiest
So what's bad about commando Kano? You can't block his command grabs or even duck them. And he has hi and low parry.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So what's bad with commando Kano? You can't block his command grabs or even duck them. And he has hi and low parry.
You can't block or duck them, put you can poke out of them, and cause them to whiff in many ways. It's more to do with ALL command grabs, than just Kano's though. Also, he has only one real setup outside of pokes, and it's easily his worst string.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Watching sideshow bob step on a rake is funny. Reading the 400th ironic "BUFF X" on the Kano board isn't. Don't be upset with me, be upset with the 399 before you.
Are you inferring watching sideshow bob stepping on the rake for the 400th time isn't funny because that episode is 22 years old now, i've seen it like 400 times and that shit is still hilarious.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Are you inferring watching sideshow bob stepping on the rake for the 400th time isn't funny because that episode is 22 years old now, i've seen it like 400 times and that shit is still hilarious.
Stepping on a rake is timeless comedy. Which is why I used it as an example.
#RakeLyfe

Error

DF2+R2
This thread pleases me.

Coach Steve had a hype Commando showing vs DJT early in pools, although I think if he had used Cut-throat he would have fared better. Showtime did ok with Cybernetic, he was dropping a bunch and just playing really messy vs his master Smarrgasm.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
This thread pleases me.

Coach Steve had a hype Commando showing vs DJT early in pools, although I think if he had used Cut-throat he would have fared better. Showtime did ok with Cybernetic, he was dropping a bunch and just playing really messy vs his master Smarrgasm.
wasn't really his fault though.. the stream setup ended up having like 50 fucking syncs on it for whatever fuckin reason.. so it was laggy as fuck on that setup.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
There's always an exception to every rule. The sole individual of high skill in the last two months to pick up a Kano while dropping a former main.

Do you really want the laundry list of all the Kano players who dropped him from the 1st month to now? For comparison's sake? Warning, it's tremendously long.
Idk man, I think it depends on the reason why they dropped the character in the first place, maybe they thought a character was better than him, suited their playstyle better or for matchup reasons. Take Sonya, for example. REO and CrawlingShadow won ESL with Sonya once (I don't remember the week it was btw). REO didn't quite MAIN Sonya, he played multiple characters, but now he only plays her casually, I rarely see him playing her outside of Yomi. Same for MIT. Now CrawlingShadow basically thinks Sonya sucks now. Ryan played BS Shinnok at EVO and Showtime played Kano. Does that make her underpowered? I don't think so. Sonya almost doesn't have a community that plays her no matter what, she's more of a character that people pick for the sake of tier whoring.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I was to rate the three variations I would rate them.

Cutthroat- Viable. Mid tier at worst. Strong underused variation. Has weaknesses but makes up for it with high damage, good wall carry, deathly corner game, 50/50, strong oki, and good variation exclusive strings.

Cyber- Vastly Overrated tier. Good Week 1, then nerfed, one level above trash tier in mid July. No dirt. No pressure without meter, unsafe pressure with meter, incredibly low damage, zoning variation that loses zoning wars to most zoners, no oki, no corner game.

Commando- Doodoo tier. Fun to play as though. Only thing worse is Spectral Ermac level bad.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Idk man, I think it depends on the reason why they dropped the character in the first place, maybe they thought a character was better than him, suited their playstyle better or for matchup reasons. Take Sonya, for example. REO and CrawlingShadow won ESL with Sonya once (I don't remember the week it was btw). REO didn't quite MAIN Sonya, he played multiple characters, but now he only plays her casually, I rarely see him playing her outside of Yomi. Same for MIT. Now CrawlingShadow basically thinks Sonya sucks now. Ryan played BS Shinnok at EVO and Showtime played Kano. Does that make her underpowered? I don't think so. Sonya almost doesn't have a community that plays her no matter what, she's more of a character that people pick for the sake of tier whoring.
Yet she still has quadruple more people using her than Kano.

Difference being a lot of people tier whored Sonya when the "top 5" narrative was going around. Once they saw she was "good" but not "Top 5" people proceeded to drop her. But a lot of people still has her because she is good. Where as the Kano community started out gigantic the first few weeks and now we are one of the smallest communities around. If Kano was as "fine" as some claim he is 85% of the community wouldn't have hit the road after a few weeks. Not a single one of the "I play multiple characters" top players has even touched Kano. Like literally not a single one of them. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The numbers just don't add up.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther

Cutthroat- Viable. Mid tier at worst. Strong underused variation. Has weaknesses but makes up for it with high damage, good wall carry, deathly corner game, 50/50, strong oki, and good variation exclusive strings.

Cyber- Vastly Overrated tier. Good Week 1, then nerfed, one level above trash tier in mid July. No dirt. No pressure without meter, unsafe pressure with meter, incredibly low damage, zoning variation that loses zoning wars to most zoners, no oki, no corner game.

Commando- Doodoo tier. Fun to play as though. Only thing worse is Spectral Ermac level bad.
And yet, I feel most comfortable playing Cyber. I feel dirty when I say I wish EX knives were +10, and that his laser needs to stop scaling so hard

I GOT HANDS

Seems pretty accurate. I think Spectral Ermac is unfair tho. The tools offered by Commando are MUCH more useful than Spectral Ermac lol. He's well above him and Unbreakable Sub, he's more like Lasher Takeda or Sun God Kotal where there IS at least something worthwhile to picking this variation... It just is probably weaker than the others

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
#EVO #TheGoldenStandard

That sucks tho
Yah so much for "your pads gotta stay at stations etc etc"... literally NOBODY desync'd from the stream setup until i deleted them all after my match. it was REDICULOUS how much lag was on there from the devices

Really poorly ran, i'm actually glad i don't take this game very srs and havent been like playing much. i woulda been so pist if i lost due to something like that if i was in like one of there shoes

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And yet, I feel most comfortable playing Cyber. I feel dirty when I say I wish EX knives were +10, and that his laser needs to stop scaling so hard
Me too. I think Cyber has the easiest "feel" to it to react and adjust in game. Cutthroat has the highest curve and toughest execution which I think is what deterred people from it in the first place, but by far has the biggest rewards. Nothing better than crushing a Sub-Zero Ice Slide WU with EX Buff.

I GOT HANDS

Difference being a lot of people tier whored Sonya when the "top 5" narrative was going around.
Oh you mean when Pig of the Hut posted his nonsense tier list that was basically a subliminal Kenshi balance whine, and everyone took it like the gospel?

Yeah that was pretty fuckin dumb of TYM. Nothing out of the norm.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Seems pretty accurate. I think Spectral Ermac is unfair tho. The tools offered by Commando are MUCH more useful than Spectral Ermac lol. He's well above him and Unbreakable Sub, he's more like Lasher Takeda or Sun God Kotal where there IS at least something worthwhile to picking this variation... It just is probably weaker than the others
Yea that was a little harsh haha!!! At least Commando can actually play MKX.