What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Did you not listen to Revolver Ocelot? Big Boss was "Pretty Good" too.

Also, Revolver Ocelot DLC when?
Erron Black skin confirmed.

Cassie Cage as Quiet
Johnny Cage as Miller
Ferra/Torr as D-Dog riding D-Horse
Baraka as Skull Face
Scorpion as The Man on Fire

But yeah - sorry for the salt. Just wish Kano was up there with Jax after the patch. Here's hoping.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It was me. they had the names switch while also saying my name wrong on commentary. it was my fist tournament, got top 32 with all three variations in use baby. Lost to mikemetroid._. didn't know stunt double cage was free on knockdown when he has his shadows on. Im coming for top 8 next tournament i go to. Also kano is super legit. His variation cover all matchups one way or another.
Let me know if you need any help with the match-up. You have great potential!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Thanks i will definitely ask you when i need some help witch will probably be soon. By the way witch variation of kano do you think does best against cage?
I think cuthroat is your best option. Possibly commando(haven't played against commando yet though)

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Cybernetic is definitely a wall against Cage, his B1, F4, B2 D4, knives, and backdash give Cage a hard time. I'd say Commando is second best afterwards, with Cutthroat trailing behind.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Cutthroat meterless corner:

B121~DB1, 11, 112~BF3 = 32%

1% more than the optimal damage yasssssssssssssssss

Jupe

Noob
Cutthroat meterless corner:

B121~DB1, 11, 112~BF3 = 32%

1% more than the optimal damage yasssssssssssssssss
I was messing with this earlier but couldn't hit it against female hitboxes. Did you manage to hit it against females, or is it hitbox dependant?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Commando against Kung Lao over the other Variations is a simple decision to me. It's all because of one word and that's respect. He HAS to respect command grabs parries, etc. He can't just be Kung Lao at that point that's why I prefer it over the other two. I don't want Kung Lao to feel comfortable pressuring me and since I can't keep him out well in cybernetic, nor really scare him into taking a real risk, I just don't think Cybernetic is realistic. Cutthroat I haven't been playing since the patch so I cannot give real insight, aside from my main launcher string being negative on block whether I confirm it or not. Being at a frame disadvantage against a character that thrives off of being plus and in your face is just not good to me. That's my take on it. At least when I'm negative in commando there's a fear of "Will he armor grab? will he parry?" and you can take advantage of these things as the match plays out.

I$AAC

Noob
I posted this in the other thread but I'll post this here too.

My matches start at 19:20 abd go on till the end. My other matches are sprinkled around before that time frame but 19:20 is where the bulk of my matches start.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

My matches start at 19:20 abd go on till the end. My other matches are sprinkled around before that time frame but 19:20 is where the bulk of my matches start.
Good stuff. Only thing I wanna ask is how come you're ending your corner combos with Upball?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What do you guys think of the Cage matchup? Just thinking about it I'm pretty sure we win against him as any variation of Kano, unless the Commandos think otherwise? Lol poor Cages, both of them losing to Kano (at least Cyber) :D

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
What do you guys think of the Cage matchup? Just thinking about it I'm pretty sure we win against him as any variation of Kano, unless the Commandos think otherwise? Lol poor Cages, both of them losing to Kano (at least Cyber) :D
Cyber beats fisticuffs and a list for sure. Idk about stunt double?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Pretty even. He can space you f3s but you can you with b1. Commando can make him scared to push a button and has to alter his pressure with more d4s. Full screen jahn cant really do much and pretty much has to get in for a bar or a well time jump if he notices you going auto pilot. The really annoying thing is his get in for free ex shadow kick.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I find the match up really hard tbh. D4 low profiles grabs and b1. Cyber does ok but I find him hard to keep out and when he's in it's gg.

NHDR

Noob

Are you the same Issac that used to play T. Hawk in HDR? Disregard this if no. In terms of feedback, you played aggressive and nice. Only thing I'd caution is your use of F212. I don't know if its safe against Cage but its generally unsafe. If you weren't hit-confirming then you got lucky since he was pushing buttons.

I$AAC

Noob
Are you the same Issac that used to play T. Hawk in HDR? Disregard this if no. In terms of feedback, you played aggressive and nice. Only thing I'd caution is your use of F212. I don't know if its safe against Cage but its generally unsafe. If you weren't hit-confirming then you got lucky since he was pushing buttons.
Yeah I'm working on getting used to hit confirming that. And yes I'm the same guy that used Hawk in HDR :)

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I don't personally play Kano so I'd like to ask some of the Kanos to help me out with countering him. In general I just get frame trapped for the entire game and can only get a combo if the Kano is not currently frame trapping me. I play Displacer Raiden and Ninjutsu Scorpion.

Some specific things: How - is Blade Slice and its EX version? Can't go to the lab at the moment to check it but Blade Slice seems to be safe or at least nearly so. Also, what is my general gameplan (alright this is very not specific) against Kano? Rushdown seems to be a very bad idea and Kano balls make sure he gets in my face again if I play a bit of keepaway/footsies.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I don't personally play Kano so I'd like to ask some of the Kanos to help me out with countering him. In general I just get frame trapped for the entire game and can only get a combo if the Kano is not currently frame trapping me. I play Displacer Raiden and Ninjutsu Scorpion.

Some specific things: How - is Blade Slice and its EX version? Can't go to the lab at the moment to check it but Blade Slice seems to be safe or at least nearly so. Also, what is my general gameplan (alright this is very not specific) against Kano? Rushdown seems to be a very bad idea and Kano balls make sure he gets in my face again if I play a bit of keepaway/footsies.
Tele characters hurt kano. Tele on a good read to punish knives(not reaction, too fast). Blade slice and ex is safe-ishat -8. He loses his turn but can armor or backdash to make you wiff. And possibly punish you. If you rush him down it has to be with legit pressure. Nothing - you try to poke him again. With a life lead you can zonr him outm depending who you are.