What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
After playing around with Cybernetic Kano I think I'm going to add him to the mix of mains. Really liking him and after reading what @General M2Dave said, I believe Kano has what it takes to destroy these anti-zoning zealots.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Any one else having trouble doing his "Just the Tip" brutality? I'm sure I'm meeting the requirements. I don't get hit for at least 5 seconds, then I end with MB DB1. No dice.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Don't get hit for 5 seconds on the FINAL round. :cool:
I realize that. I did in the 2nd round of a two round victory AND in the final final round. Perhaps I'm not really waiting 5 seconds? Although on the clock it goes from 90 to like 75 without me getting hit and still doesnt work.

:confused:

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I realize that. I did in the 2nd round of a two round victory AND in the final final round. Perhaps I'm not really waiting 5 seconds? Although on the clock it goes from 90 to like 75 without me getting hit and still doesnt work.

:confused:
Huh, that is pretty weird. :confused: I KNOW I was able to pull it off online once, I'm not sure what's going wrong.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Guys, I have a question about Cybernetic. I have hardly played outside of training mode, thus I need your help:

How do you follow up after the 1+3 reset (like in B+2, 1, 1+2). You are on frame advantage, but still... is there anything guaranteed, like maybe throwing knives? Generally plenty (all?) of options after the reset seem to get countered by a simple backdash, don't they?!

Currently I prefer ending combos in 2+4 to set up some zoning.

KH Royale

The truth is out..
So can someone tell me what is the points of Kano Ball? I figured maybe it would be a fast punisher like the 8-frame low-hitting slides, but nope, it's 12 frames. I figured maybe it would be safer this time around, but nope, it's -45 on block. I figured maybe it led to a combo or untechable knockdown setup on hit, but nope, it deals 9% and a soft knockdown. I haven't tested this yet, but I'm already 90% sure it can be poked with normals, considering the other issues.

So what is the point of this move? Seriously; I'm not trying to complain or put down the character, I am genuinely asking. In MK9 it could follow up a knife to trip up low-skill opponents (any decent opponent would block it for a full-combo punish). In MKX, it doesn't even seem to have that utility. Same with Air Ball, though at least it can sometimes punish bad zoning for shitty damage and a soft knockdown. Am I missing something?
IF U ONLY KNEW HOW IMPORTANT THAT MOVE IS... I will make a thread in due time... #KanosNDC

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
I'm really hoping for an alternate costume of MK3 Kano (by far his best look imo), or at least a couple bald versions of him in tribute as a DLC.
Richard Divizio > Trevor Goddard

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Guys, I have a question about Cybernetic. I have hardly played outside of training mode, thus I need your help:

How do you follow up after the 1+3 reset (like in B+2, 1, 1+2). You are on frame advantage, but still... is there anything guaranteed, like maybe throwing knives? Generally plenty (all?) of options after the reset seem to get countered by a simple backdash, don't they?!

Currently I prefer ending combos in 2+4 to set up some zoning.
Your in range for another b2, you can back dash and see if they throw out a move and b2 then. Throw knives for backdashes, if you think they will jump to get in, d2 or up ball. In the corner your in range do do b3(low) and do like b31,db1,b321,11,b131+3 for another reset.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Actually b2~ex knives would put me closer and back on framadvantage. Still I am not sure if b2 is guaranteed, even though I actually don't think so. Besides b2,3 won't work as the 3 misses. Throwing knives is not too viable in terms of risk/reward, if they can do a JIP and make me eat a full combo. No clue if the gap of like 5 frames is enough for them to jump out... If not, everything is fine... ;)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Actually b2~ex knives would put me closer and back on framadvantage. Still I am not sure if b2 is guaranteed, even though I actually don't think so. Besides b2,3 won't work as the 3 misses. Throwing knives is not too viable in terms of risk/reward, if they can do a JIP and make me eat a full combo. No clue if the gap of like 5 frames is enough for them to jump out... If not, everything is fine... ;)
The 3 does miss on hit, but on block I'm pretty sure it won't. Ex knives would make you plus but they can d3(depends on character in guessing) and knock you out (depending on follow up) so that might not be too good in certain situations. B2 is safe so throwing It out if you think they will move forward or block is a nice pressure tool. Just maybe b2 db1 on hit wont with and can follow up with another b2 for a combo.

So can someone tell me what is the points of Kano Ball? I figured maybe it would be a fast punisher like the 8-frame low-hitting slides, but nope, it's 12 frames. I figured maybe it would be safer this time around, but nope, it's -45 on block. I figured maybe it led to a combo or untechable knockdown setup on hit, but nope, it deals 9% and a soft knockdown. I haven't tested this yet, but I'm already 90% sure it can be poked with normals, considering the other issues.

So what is the point of this move? Seriously; I'm not trying to complain or put down the character, I am genuinely asking. In MK9 it could follow up a knife to trip up low-skill opponents (any decent opponent would block it for a full-combo punish). In MKX, it doesn't even seem to have that utility. Same with Air Ball, though at least it can sometimes punish bad zoning for shitty damage and a soft knockdown. Am I missing something?
Enhanced Kano ball has armour so you can punish and cover a lot of distance if you predict a projectile. If can also be canceled to extend combos. I've also used it as a kind of quick recovery option. Ex Kano ball to absorb a hit with armour and immediately cancel the Kano ball and try a dash/run straight into a command grab.

Or if I've conditioned them to bait out my ball for a punish I can from mid screen pretend to do it, cancel it and rush in as well.

Air ball is a low hitting slide if you intentionally make it whiff but whats great about it is Enhancing it turns it into a unblockable grab. You can also jump over an opponent on their wake up and create something like a vertical crossover since they will assume your going to jump attack from that position. Also I think the Enhanced Balls is his only wake up options in some variations.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
What version do you guys feel is over all the best ?
Kinda depends on your play style and who you play against. Cyber for zoning and mega footsiez. Cutthroat for crazy damage (and 50/50s). And commando for making people scared to push buttons(counters) and if they block too much grab them(command).

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Cybernetic is the best without a doubt.. High damage/ insane space control/ amazing strings and pokes/ very good pressure..

Sigh I think slowly but surely I am becoming a Kano main.. I feel dirty