What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's...not true at all. Cybernetic needs meter to reach mid 30s in damage which is important considering the damage output of the majority of the rest of the cast. I never use EX Up Ball and I'm still not going to use it. If I'm going to spend a bar on an armoured move to get me out of pressure I'm going to spend it on EX Kano Ball because if it hits I can cancel it and get a full conversion. Being -5 doesn't mean anything because I'm still going to get pressured after it, like hell am I going to spend another bar on EX Kano Ball after EX Up Ball. It was a useless buff, maybe they're trying to get it to be used more? I think Cutthroat would actually get more use out of it if it's even going to be used at all.
A useless buff? Omg man do you hear yourself some times? It's not nearly close to what he needed but it is in no ways useless. He now has a free wake up and no he doesn't get pressured for free after

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
A useless buff? Omg man do you hear yourself some times? It's not nearly close to what he needed but it is in no ways useless. He now has a free wake up and no he doesn't get pressured for free after
Dude think about it before you hastily begin typing. "Free wake up" is an overstatement considering that crouch blocking it makes the second hit whiff and it's still full combo punishable. And yes he will get pressured after since he's -5, that's how frame data works silly. He's not plus which means it's the opponents turn to do something, so you will then have to deal with the opponents attacks unless for some weird reason you actually want to spend another bar on EX Kano Ball or another EX Up Ball to armour through followups. Think first type later :p

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Dude think about it before you hastily begin typing. "Free wake up" is an overstatement considering that crouch blocking it makes the second hit whiff and it's still full combo punishable. And yes he will get pressured after since he's -5, that's how frame data works silly. He's not plus which means it's the opponents turn to do something, so you will then have to deal with the opponents attacks unless for some weird reason you actually want to spend another bar on EX Kano Ball or another EX Up Ball to armour through followups. Think first type later :p
You can only do that from max distance. From any other distance the second hit will still connect. Also, Kano has one of the best back dashes in the game. So yea like I said pressure is not free after

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I don't see how the up ball isn't something really solid, although I think that it benefits commando more than anything. Commando has the unique tools in parry and en command grab that can force respect at -5. The others can do it too, but it's just not as damaging or effective.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Only if it's max distance. I've tested it myself
Less than Max range, from my experience. It's not point blank, but I've seen it hit once(rather than twice) closer than max range in my tests. At best it's inconsistent, at worst it's downright busted. Most people are going to know this issue, and take advantage of it. It's not as if it's a little known thing, man.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
He don't need no stinking Air throw. He already (and I may be overrating this move) has the Air ball, which is fantastic for Air-to-air. I certainly would not mind an Anti air grab, but it's far from necessary

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
He don't need no stinking Air throw. He already (and I may be overrating this move) has the Air ball, which is fantastic for Air-to-air. I certainly would not mind an Anti air grab, but it's far from necessary
I Agree
just some frame fix and its ok

Youphemism

You can only do that from max distance. From any other distance the second hit will still connect. Also, Kano has one of the best back dashes in the game. So yea like I said pressure is not free after
Yeah that corner backdashing is really going to help him out. And with all the advancing strings in the game backdashing is only going to be so useful.

So I tested this out more - the EX upball whiffs point blank only against certain characters midscreen. Try doing EX upball VS another crouching Kano point blank, the second hit whiffs more than 50% of the time. Against someone like Kenshi- the EX upball never whiffs midscreen.

EX upball only gets 1 hit on block against everyone (I think.. I didn't test all) when opponent is in the corner.

Hopefully NRS makes it more consistant.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Yeah that corner backdashing is really going to help him out. And with all the advancing strings in the game backdashing is only going to be so useful.

True story, with any char. I've noticed that there are so many tools that so many chars have that eliminate backdashing that it is honestly seldom discussed. And a lot of those tools also happen to be those chars all around best tools, not just situational ones. #balance

Error

DF2+R2
True story, with any char. I've noticed that there are so many tools that so many chars have that eliminate backdashing that it is honestly seldom discussed. And a lot of those tools also happen to be those chars all around best tools, not just situational ones. #balance
Can't buff backdash though, or any defensive option, because they'll be "too strong then" I hate this community lol.

Youphemism

Jason got his command grab hitbox stealth buffed, can someone test commando?
Stealth buffed?
"Jason - increased the hitbox on Back Breaker, Spine Shatter, Choke, Choke Slam, Tight Squeeze, & Crippler to make it harder to low profile"

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Well since downplaying has reached the Kano forums, I might as well voice my unreasonable wishlist buffs for Kano.

• 2% Damage increase on b13
  • Airball is an overhead and can be MB'd on block
  • (Commando) New move: f24, 12%, -6 on block, launches for NJP follow up
  • (Commando) Command Grab will connect after a blocked f4
  • (Commando) Choke +2 on hit
  • (Commando) MB Choke +6 on hit
  • (Cutthroat) Increased range on b1
  • (Cybernetic) Faster Start up on Up laser
  • (Cybernetic) Increased Damage on MB Up Laser
  • (Cybernetic) Increased damage on MB b13 2+4
  • (Cybernetic) Increased damage on MB b23 +2+4

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Dude no offense but a move that stands of good chance of getting you full combo punished because it's only safe sometimes is pretty terrible when it uses a bar of your precious as fuck meter

Youphemism

Well since downplaying has reached the Kano forums, I might as well voice my unreasonable wishlist buffs for Kano.

• 2% Damage increase on b13
  • Airball is an overhead and can be MB'd on block
  • (Commando) New move: f24, 12%, -6 on block, launches for NJP follow up
  • (Commando) Command Grab will connect after a blocked f4
  • (Commando) Choke +2 on hit
  • (Commando) MB Choke +6 on hit
  • (Cutthroat) Increased range on b1
  • (Cybernetic) Faster Start up on Up laser
  • (Cybernetic) Increased Damage on MB Up Laser
  • (Cybernetic) Increased damage on MB b13 2+4
  • (Cybernetic) Increased damage on MB b23 +2+4
.........not all of them are actually unreasonable.....
You mean reality?
Yeah..."reality". Yet Royale is making his way through people right now with Cybernetic beating people like Tom Brady, Noobe is playing him, Coach Steve, the list goes on. If he wasn't viable then people would drop him yet more are appearing than before. Yeah he's mid tier but someone has to be, that's what noone is understanding. He still does well against the top tiers and besides bug fixes anyone crying for a bunch of unnecessary buffs are just playing the wrong character and can move on any time they want. Not everyone can be the best and this community will just have to deal with it unless NRS decides they want to buff him.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
.........not all of them are actually unreasonable.....

Yeah..."reality". Yet Royale is making his way through people right now with Cybernetic beating people like Tom Brady, Noobe is playing him, Coach Steve, the list goes on. If he wasn't viable then people would drop him yet more are appearing than before. Yeah he's mid tier but someone has to be, that's what noone is understanding. He still does well against the top tiers and besides bug fixes anyone crying for a bunch of unnecessary buffs are just playing the wrong character and can move on any time they want. Not everyone can be the best and this community will just have to deal with it unless NRS decides they want to buff him.
This is mostly true except for the "more than before" part. They are just the Last of the Mohicans, the few left that haven't dropped him appearing the same place at the same time. Kano is definitely one of the least "picked up" characters since release. The rest of your point stands though.