What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs Video Thread

Hey guys. I'm new to playing Mortal Kombat and would like to share a recent set of offline casuals. I've decided to make Full Auto Jacqui my main and I'm trying to learn this game as best I can. I occasionally make dumb decisions and play sloppy, so I am willing to hear any criticisms or advice. Thanks for watching.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Hey guys. I'm new to playing Mortal Kombat and would like to share a recent set of offline casuals. I've decided to make Full Auto Jacqui my main and I'm trying to learn this game as best I can. I occasionally make dumb decisions and play sloppy, so I am willing to hear any criticisms or advice. Thanks for watching.

Your Jacqui is solid, I enjoyed watching those matches.

Would use absorb more for free meter at least against those full screen sai's. Wouldn't use meter in the corner [unless it's gonna kill], just 1212, BF4 when punishing. Definitely more hand cannon on oki, until they stop waking up with armor, then, have fun with your oki. More B2~BF2 Run, 12~BF4 meterless midscreens. B1,4 is really good into B1,4, DB3, Run, 1,2,1,2~BF4. Can use B1's into cross up in order to not have them expect the low. When your opponent is good at blocking the D,D4's from the air... Which by the way may be good also off jip's. This is good because then you can start canceling it into throws or 7 frame starters like 114 on block into hand cannon or continued pressure, and on hit into BF4, Or 1,2,1,2's you know the rest of that one. Also can add that njp into your 1,2,1,2, DB MB 2 combo. Just reg dash into the njp before finishing it as you normally would. And last but definitely not least. More F4B4/F3B4 and F4B2/F3B2 cancels.

All around good Jacqui so far. Sure I'm missing some tips but there's so much good info in these Jacqui forums, and a really nice bunch of peeps too. :)

Last edited:
Your Jacqui is solid, I enjoyed watching those matches.

Would use absorb more for free meter at least against those full screen sai's. Wouldn't use meter in the corner [unless it's gonna kill], just 1212, BF4 when punishing. Definitely more hand cannon on oki, until they stop waking up with armor, then, have fun with your oki. More B2~BF2 Run, 12~BF4 meterless midscreens. B1,4 is really good into B1,4, DB3, Run, 1,2,1,2~BF4. Can use B1's into cross up in order to not have them expect the low. When your opponent is good at blocking the D,D4's from the air... Which by the way maybe good also off jip's. This is good because then you can start canceling it into throws or 7 frame starters like 114 on block into hand cannon or continued pressure, and on hit into BF4, Or 1,2,1,2's you know the rest of that one. Also can add that njp into your 1,2,1,2, DB MB 2 combo. Just reg dash into the njp before finishing it as you normally would. And last but definitely not least. More F4B4/F3B4 and F4B2/F3B2 cancels.

All around good Jacqui so far. Sure I'm missing some tips but there's so much good info in these Jacqui forums, and a really nice bunch of peeps too. :)
Thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate all the info you gave me and will put it to good use. A few things I guess I should comment on about my matches:

- I have reservations about using tech shield, because of the slow startup and if I'm not mistaken it gives only like 1/10th of a bar? I suppose it's worth spamming on your opponents projectiles until they decide to come in?

- I felt like I was getting very predictable with ground pounds and F4s (and not using F4B4 like you said). I also have trouble getting njp after low rocket in combos, so I'll have to work on those. I dash and then just barely miss the punch right after jumping so my timing must be too late.

- I was getting good free damage off blocked specials, but I wasn't even doing the optimal punishments. You get 33 after roll, B2 after after tele-kick. B2 always avoids any sais she chucks after the kick is blocked and hits her clean outta the air w/ a full combo, but the timing is not easy.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate all the info you gave me and will put it to good use. A few things I guess I should comment on about my matches:

- I have reservations about using tech shield, because of the slow startup and if I'm not mistaken it gives only like 1/10th of a bar? I suppose it's worth spamming on your opponents projectiles until they decide to come in?

- I felt like I was getting very predictable with ground pounds and F4s (and not using F4B4 like you said). I also have trouble getting njp after low rocket in combos, so I'll have to work on those. I dash and then just barely miss the punch right after jumping so my timing must be too late.

- I was getting good free damage off blocked specials, but I wasn't even doing the optimal punishments. You get 33 after roll, B2 after after tele-kick. B2 always avoids any sais she chucks after the kick is blocked and hits her clean outta the air w/ a full combo, but the timing is not easy.
I haven't watched the full video but optimize your corner combos and mix in ground pound cancels are my suggestions.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

The njp combo is slightly harder on Mileena than the usual suspects, definitely doable offline though. Start your dash earlier than you think, kinda buffered. And yeah, not much from the tech shield but when she's zoning full screen it's all good to throw out, might make her teleport afterwards.

In the corner, my preferred consistent combos are B33~DB3, 4~DB2, NJP, 33~BF4 and... B2~BF2, 4~DB2, 33~BF4. Both work all the time on all characters. And those D,D4's need to be canceled off and on because, yes it's seeable as you can tell from your friend blocking it consistently. But used sparingly and mixed up can open up lots of other mix ups.

Malec

Noob
here are some of the BnB's and Reset options I use for Shotgun, its nothing special in there, but I havent seen any Shotgun tech since the patch.
I didnt show ALL the reset options at all times, but you get the idea. you can always go for the f4~b4 or f4~b2 mixup after resets

Last edited:

chores

bad at things
here are some of the BnB's and Reset options I use for Shotgun, its nothing special in there, but I havent seen any Shotgun tech since the patch.
I didnt show ALL the reset options at all times, but you get the idea. you can always go for the f4~b4 or f4~b2 mixup after resets
dat literal corner-to-corner combo carry

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Judging by what I've seen from the VERY FEW high level Jacqui players, and a lot of these videos...Jacqui is a hidden gem for sure. Going to be picking her up, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted videos and tech here. I will be needing to mooch off of your guys knowledge. ;)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Some of my preferred Full Auto corner combos.

F2U2, 2+4, D1~BF4 [26%]

4U4, 12~DB2, 33~BF4 [35%]

F4, D1~BF4 [24%]

[7 frame punish] 114~DF2, 114~BF4 [27%]

JI3, 12~DB2, 1, 33~BF4 [37%]

[7 frame punish] 114~DB2, 1, NJP, 33~BF4 [34%]

[13 frame punish] 2334, D1~DB2, 1, 33~BF4 [36%]

F12~DB2, 1, NJP, 33~BF4 [37%]

B2~DB2, 1, NJP, 33~BF4 [37%]

B33~DB3, 4~DB2, NJP, 33~BF4 [43%]

F44~B, DB3, 33~DB2, MB GRAB [30%] B2~BF2, 4~DB2, 33~BF4 [36%]

Last edited:
Couple of Jacqui videos from our local tourneys

Full footage available at .

We're having these tourneys once every two weeks. And I still haven't lost enough with her to drop her for Cassie, so stay tuned.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Good matches Kay Jay. That Kung Jin played wisely, He wasn't making too many mistakes. Nice Jacqui. Thanks for posting those, I enjoyed watching them. That S1 to interactable conversion on the Tanya jump back, lol. That was awesome.

Daks, just wanted to expand on your post above. I'm enjoying this.

Please, stop enjoying this. As you know, uprocket whiffs - and is full combo punishable - on crouch blocking opponent. And 1212 does not jail into stand block. 1212~machine gun is indeed very good against characters who can't outright punish it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I can't get this to work.
Any idea what the conditions are?
Must finish with an x-Ray, opponent must be dead (no life left) by the second hit of the X-ray and you have to hold down by the second hit of the X-ray.

Works across all 3 variations.