What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I'll post some stuff tomorrow. All I can say is I was wrong. Full Auto does ridiculous amounts of damage. Barely touched the other two variations though.

My girl said I look like a vampire right now. It's that real.
Notations or percentages or somethin pls!

Such insults shouldn't be thrown around so casually.

I haven't even touched the game yet and I can tell you right now she's better than fucking Jade.
Jade was really bad in mk9, good players didn't play her at all. I hope Jacqui is not as bad as jade, that would make me sad.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah if you found stuff notations or vids are much appreciated :D (make the vid unlisted till the official release if you don't want it taken down and just post it here)

I don't think she's under the radar. I think she's just mid tier. People only talk about high tier or low tier most of the time.
Mid tier IS the under the radar, like Harley, Hawkgirl, Raven in injustice coz they're not bad enough for people to be bitching for buffs nonstop and they're not derp enough for casuals to cry for nerfing them (Deathstroke, Supes, BA etc). These characters just cruised along the ride and got ignored or got hooked up with buffs, Jacqui is lookin to be one of those atm.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but what makes Sonya so good? I don't have the game yet and keep seeing this and it's piquing my curiosity lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but what makes Sonya so good? I don't have the game yet and keep seeing this and it's piquing my curiosity lol
Apparently she can get 50% meterless midscreen or something >__>
personally I was bored as shit through her whole breakdown, bootleg ass Zod trait cheap lookin drone and shit..

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Tried, couldn't find it. Moved on and asked people who were talking and mentioned it. It's all good.
got to "Forums" at the top then scroll down and click "Mortal Kombat X" then find the sonya sub section(or any other characters sub section)

JustinXavier21

Updating post 2 with early strategy now (yes I know was named the combo thread but...meh)

Sonya can essentially fight while blocking, every variation is strong, damage output is crazy, pressure is sustained, divekick is unsafe but tricky to punish...and most importantly, she has the sort of design that suggests there is LOADS to find out. Her autopilot game is scary as hell man. But I wouldn't sweat it - looks like there will be a fair few strong characters in this game...let's do what we can to see how strong Jacqui can get!

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
got to "Forums" at the top then scroll down and click "Mortal Kombat X" then find the sonya sub section(or any other characters sub section)
Yeah.... I know how to work the foums, but she didn't have a portrait and I didn't feel like going through all of that. We can move on now.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Updating post 2 with early strategy now (yes I know was named the combo thread but...meh)

Sonya can essentially fight while blocking, every variation is strong, damage output is crazy, pressure is sustained, divekick is unsafe but tricky to punish...and most importantly, she has the sort of design that suggests there is LOADS to find out. Her autopilot game is scary as hell man. But I wouldn't sweat it - looks like there will be a fair few strong characters in this game...let's do what we can to see how strong Jacqui can get!
In general, what is the frame data for F3 and F4? Which is better for starting your mixup game? Which is safer? Which is faster?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
In general, what is the frame data for F3 and F4? Which is better for starting your mixup game? Which is safer? Which is faster?
f3 = 23, -4, 45 can be followed up by an overhead or a low
f4 = 32, 0, 47 Also can be followed by an overhead or a low

JustinXavier21

Neither. You cancel into B2/B3 before they even come out. Seems like you get more range off the F4 but the F3 is quicker to start. It's awkward to explain but it's just a kara similar to some other fighters...you do it for the range

Malec

Noob
got one question about her ranged low shotgun stun.... do you have to block it low or can you also block it standing?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Notations or percentages or somethin pls!
My bad. Having some crazy Day -4 games in here lol.

Ok. I've done one or two things a couple of percent more, but this is the "main" stuff I'm working with as I play my friend. Not counting Jip added damage.

Feint F4 or F3 into low B4, EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is like 34%,

Feint into overhead, EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is 37%.

B33 (2 lows), EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is 40%.

33, EX DB2, run, 33, BF2 is 42%.

Those are the main ones I've been using while playing a person since they're relatively easy to pull off in the speed of a match. I got one up to I think it was 45% 1 bar in practice mode earlier but can't remember the notations off the top of my head.

Her F3 feint has to be one of the best up close tools in the game. I can't express how amazing this weapon is.

D3 is an amazing footsie tool. Not just on block, but on hit it's pretty much a guarenteed 50/50. Nice long reach too.

Also about 50/50's, not sure if it's been said, but on jump in she has them as well. Naturally people block when you catch them on a jump in, but the speed of the game is too fast. So you jip and both options are safe.

Here's where Full Auto comes in. Since they are guessing, if they guess correctly you can input the EX Rocket after the overhead or after the second low of B33 and it will not come out. So you'll be safe no matter what option you pick. This is working out great so far.

I can see her having big problems against zoners for sure though, but her up close game is about getting in and keeping them confused.

JustinXavier21

My bad. Having some crazy Day -4 games in here lol.

Ok. I've done one or two things a couple of percent more, but this is the "main" stuff I'm working with as I play my friend. Not counting Jip added damage.

Feint F4 or F3 into low B4, EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is like 34%,

Feint into overhead, EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is 37%.

B33 (2 lows), EX DB2, run, 33, BF4 is 40%.

33, EX DB2, run, 33, BF2 is 42%.

Those are the main ones I've been using while playing a person since they're relatively easy to pull off in the speed of a match. I got one up to I think it was 45% 1 bar in practice mode earlier but can't remember the notations off the top of my head.

Her F3 feint has to be one of the best up close tools in the game. I can't express how amazing this weapon is.

D3 is an amazing footsie tool. Not just on block, but on hit it's pretty much a guarenteed 50/50. Nice long reach too.

Also about 50/50's, not sure if it's been said, but on jump in she has them as well. Naturally people block when you catch them on a jump in, but the speed of the game is too fast. So you jip and both options are safe.

Here's where Full Auto comes in. Since they are guessing, if they guess correctly you can input the EX Rocket after the overhead or after the second low of B33 and it will not come out. So you'll be safe no matter what option you pick. This is working out great so far.

I can see her having big problems against zoners for sure though, but her up close game is about getting in and keeping them confused.
Looks good! Definitely agree with some of the zoning issues, but with absorb and ground pound she should definitely make it through - EX combos suck in shotgun so I've been getting mileage out of EX BF1 too. Big problem is having no super solid anti-air now can't get people to respect her!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Looks good! Definitely agree with some of the zoning issues, but with absorb and ground pound she should definitely make it through - EX combos suck in shotgun so I've been getting mileage out of EX BF1 too. Big problem is having no super solid anti-air now can't get people to respect her!
Yea her anti-air isn't too great.

Her EX rocket is pretty good for setups too. I'm getting the impression she is going to be all momentum. Basically she destroys you or gets destroyed type of character.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So everyone's been using the other variations, but I've been playing around with High Tech for a bit. Here's some things I've found -

The difference with this variation is the fist charge (db2), where she can charge her fists for two levels or ex it to reach lvl 2 immediately. She also has a short range pulse burst (df2) that hits at a pretty short range.

Df2 by itself seems like it could be good for stopping runs, but is probably susceptible to jumps (but you can dash cancel it too to avoid that). It's also susceptible to armor, obviously.

However, df2 with the fists charged up does a lot more damage. A level two charge with 1212~df2 does 25% by itself for easy midscreen damage, but you can get a bit more with a run cancel off bf2.

Another difference with this is that a level 2 charge turns f2u22+4 into a bounce that makes a pretty easy run combo. In the corner I was able to get 38% meterless with this with f2u22+4, njp, 33~df2.

The key to it will be finding when to charge the fists, as it has a bit of startup. Probably after hard knockdowns or with strings that stagger. Fortunately it lasts for a good bit of time so you don't have to be constantly charging them. I'm going to look for some setups tomorrow to find the best ways to get it, and hopefully find some more things with this.