What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Nice! What do you mean high low throw?

I don't think restanding for the second time is TOO important considering wakeups are universally shit apparently. You could just go for optimal damage and knock down then go ham on oki. Depending on the variation you could end your combos in low rocket or something else for pressure or positioning.

I won't have any ideas for optimisation until I get my copy of the game :( which reminds me, how did you get it so early?

Did you not watch the last Kombat Kast? :confused:
I did and in the Kast they only showed that it stunned grounded opponents after a certain range. Dereke didn't do it on a juggled opponent so there was no way for me to know it restood.

So she's the Green Arrow of MKX? Is that what you guys are saying? You're saying she needs buffs?

Fucking help me out here guys...we have the opportunity to get her buffed to broke ;)
I hope she's like green arrow. He was not great, but he was not trash. Chris g won alot with him because he's a great player and Green arrow was not bottom 5 in the game. People that want to main Jacqui will have to work, but we should win many games.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not remotely like Batgirl (unfortunately!). The shotgun range is pretty specific and the only consistent moves I've managed to set it up with are BF2 and B2...it can be done from jump kicks too but isn't consistent and varies based on character. From there, following a stun, only the high will loop back into the reset and

Sounds good! Keep in mind that shotgun is scoring 37% meterless right now (at the cost of my own blood...) but having a legit anti air will help a LOT!

If you're good with running full auto, I'll take a serious look at Hi Tech now. Initially it looks ass but I think if we can get in, it's legit.
I don't think Jacqui is a heavy hitting character. She can confuse the hell out of an opponent though. My friend is coming over in about 15min or so who has also been playing since 1clock, so we're going to test our strats out in combat and remove the bad from the good.

Some hella potential mixups here, but I agree, Sonya is just ridiculous in comparison.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
B33 is her low starter. Range is about the same as Catwoman's B3. Full Auto she has good damage overall from what I've been doing. 32% midscreen, and 38% in the corner. Both meterless. Meter allows for Corner mixups with Low Rocket.
Sounds ok - what combos are you using? (also I was talking about S33 not B33, though B33 will be more useful long term)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Post up some notations for the combos if you can guys, it's dope that y'all BS'd your way to getting the game early but let's help each other out coz it really seems we have one of the characters flying under the radar where she'll get nothing or buffs.

Point is, there's a big chance this is it so let's get some tech and brainstorming goin.

Edit: Spoke too soon, didn't check the OP. Good shit :D

JustinXavier21

Jade was true low tier. You think Jacqui is low tier?
It's REALLY early days so it's hard to say. Taken alone, she's pretty good - decent footsies, good 50/50, great poke, interesting tools...but she doesn't excel anywhere yet and lots of other characters excel the second you try them. Currently the big letdown is that her EX moves are AWFUL. If they extended things the way most other characters do, I'd feel really comfortable that there was a lot to learn, but as things stand she's pretty limited. In the hands of a good player she should be able to survive but she's definitely not looking like a good character yet - we'll have to keep exploring and see what else she has!

It will be really interesting to see how the game develops - right now as much as Shotgun seems like the most interesting variation, her Full Auto definitely seems like the way to go.

Post up some notations for the combos if you can guys, it's dope that y'all BS'd your way to getting the game early but let's help each other out coz it really seems we have one of the characters flying under the radar where she'll get nothing or buffs.

Point is, there's a big chance this is it so let's get some tech and brainstorming goin.

I don't think she's under the radar. I think she's just mid tier. People only talk about high tier or low tier most of the time.

JustinXavier21

Lmfao I been bustin my balls for y'all all evening! It's 5am here in the UK and I'm still going hehe. Sorry for the double posts btw and yes please post notations and concepts and especially videos if possible.