What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE!!!
Yes there was a large patch, yes there are a ton of changes...but we'll have a serious update soon :D

Jacqui Briggs Combo Thread...post your Jacqui combos here! Lots of people have contributed to the below so many thanks to everyone - especially those credited at the bottom of the page for helping to optimize!

Terminology:
* RC = Run Cancel (IRC = Instant Run Cancel)
* SL = Stanky Leg (4U4 - difficult input but great move!)
* Dust = Shotgun Only. Ranged DB2 or any exDB2 (causing a standing reset)
* QBRC = Hi Tech Only. Quickburst Run Cancel - i.e. hold DB2 then run instead of releasing
* HT2 = Hi Tech Only. Means level 2 Gauntlet Spark

STARTERS
[Starters = 4 < 121 < F1 < B33 < 33 in order of damage]
Note that most combos can be adapted if you reach the corner. B2 generally works like a normal starter. Once you've learned both mid-screen and corner combos, you should be able to improvise if you happen to reach the corner mid-combo.

FILLER
[Fillers = 1212 < 33 < F2U2 DU4 11 RC 4 in order of damage]

ENDERS
The combos listed will be optimized, but in game, you might need time or positioning more than the damage. The below are your main ender options.
BF1 = Positioning for HT charges or FA Zoning. Lower damage. Awful for SG. Easiest and fastest ender (use if you panic!)
BF2 = Buys you time to charge in HT. Not risk free.
BF4 = Highest damage ender. Positions for high low that will stuff most meterless wakeups.
212 = Gives you maximum knockdown for charging in HT
121 = leaves you at +22 if they were standing. Free 50/50 in HT and SG
QB = Massive push-back and good damage still giving you time to charge
Dust = Forces standing for a 50/50

UNIVERSAL *HT charges will add another 4-5% on to these
Midscreen:
1212~BF4 = 23%
[Starter]~BF2 RC 4~BF4 = 24-30% *very tricky and not recommended

Corner:
[Starter]~BF2 NJP SL 33 BF4 31-35% (remove the SL for ease)

SHOTGUN
Midscreen:
[Starter]~BF2 Dust RC [Filler]~BF4 = 28-34%
* 114 Dust and B14~BF2 Dust (tight on females).will also work as starters
* The F2 string can be replaced with 1212 OR 33 for ease at the loss of 1 or 2%
[F122+4] RC 12~dust

Corner:
F122+4 NJP D2 (switches sides) RC 12~Dust Dash 33~BF4 = 34%
[Starter]~exDust 33~BF2 [Filler]~BF4 = 45-50%

FULL AUTO
Midscreen:
[Starter]~DB3 RC 1212~BF4 = 29-34%
[Starter or B2]~exDB2 RC 33~BF4 = 35-42%
[F12]~DB2 RC 1212~BF4 = 32% *hit confirm-able

Corner:
[Starter]~BF2 4~DB2 NJP 4~BF4 = 33-39%
[B33 or B14]~DB3 33 DB2 4 BF4 = 37-41%

HI TECH
Midscreen:
HT: [Starter]~QBRC 1212~BF4 = 25-34%
HT2: [121 or B33]~QBRC f2u22+4 RC 12~BF4 34-37%

Corner:
HT: F12, D3~BF2, 212, DB2 - 21% and an almost safe charge
HT: [Starter] QBRC 121 BF2 4 BF4 [32-39%]
HT2: [Starter] QBRC f2u22+4 33 BF4 [37-40%] * If you're going to run out of charge
HT2: [Starter]~BF2 f2u22+4 NJP f2u22+4 4~BF4 = 45-51%?
HT2: Any of the above ending in 212, JDD4 - 50% and above...

ANTI-AIRS
SG: [1]~Dust~RC~33 BF4 = 24%
SG: [B1]~Dust~RC~33 BF4 = 25%
SG: 1 B2~Dust~RC, 33~BF4 = 29%
SG: 1 F12~Dust~RC, 33~BF4 = 30%
*may require exDust

4U4 BF1 = 17%
4U4 exDust RC 33~BF4 = 28%

Anyone fancy getting the damage figures for some decent X-ray Combos? Ideally we want 45% and above...

MISCELLANEOUS
SG: [114] Dust RC 33 [Ender] = 26-29% *exDust needed for females, bad but better hit-confirm
SG: [F12] exDust JI1 33 BF2 RC 12 BF4 = 33% *males only

@EMPR_FEAR put together this amazing video!

CONTRIBUTORS
@TrulyAmiracle @Ra Helios @SaltShaker @rev0lver @Notez4 @astronout @megamonk4 @Parapets @Lulzlou @Laziman5898 @Pan1cMode @WidowPuppy @EMPR_FEAR

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

Neutral Game
F1
14f long range poke that leads to good meterless damage.
SG: gets an additional ender F122+4 which is safe on block and leads to a full combo

B1
15f long range anti-air; best used on anticipation - it has a good horizontal hitbox too so acts as a relatively safe poke
SG:Dust will stun at certain timings if it hits as an anti-air

F2
16f decent range uppercut that can anti air
HT: On level 1 charge, the string leads to corner combos, on level 2, it knocks up for midscreen combos

D3/D4
The usual low pokes. Both (officially now!) - on block but not bad to cancel from and necessary for footsies...On hit, you get a free 50/50
SG: High shotgun if they will block for -0 or low if you’re uncertain – which leaves you with -5 on block or a knockdown if they’re playing with fire to duck the high
FA: Cancel to Low Rocket for free
HT: Cancel to Quick Charge for +3

F3/F4
Bundled together for now. Both allow you to cancel (‘kara’) before they come out in order to use the forward momentum for a 50/50. [My current thinking is that you can use the F3/F4 to stuff moves that the kara will become too slow to catch, or use the long range on F4 to catch those who try to back-dash out of the mixup]. On knockdown, you get the 50/50 and they are safe on block.

F4
Following a BF4 Jacqui is left at enough frame advantage for her B2 to stuff every (not armored) reversal in the game...but this is pretty easily dealt with by using delayed wake up.
vs short wake up = they are forced to block the F4 (good chip and plus frames)
vs long wake up = the F4 whiffs but you are still plus enough to jab for free

B2 (or F3/F4 xx B2) – first part of your 50/50
Long range overhead – longer if you kara it using F3/F4 and leads to a full combo. Leaves you on -4 if blocked, but it’s not cancellable on block, so you can buffer in your follow up and still be safe. If it is blocked, your pressure ends there. You can risk a D3/D4 if you anticipate a high move or use an armored move if you feel yolo

B33 (of F3/F3 xx B4) – second part of your 50/50
Very short ranged low improved significantly if you use the kara and leads to a full combo. Leaves you on -1 so you need to follow up with a read. The B3 is cancellable on block but the B33/B4 are not.

S4
10 frame mid (unsafe but can be cancelled into something more appropriate on block). Knocks up slightly on hit which is good and bad...it totally ruins the ideal punish (S4~BF2) at most ranges and won't combo...but strangely, sometimes it does...very silly. Does however mean that you can combo into most variation specials for a good knockdown though.

B4
Standard sweep. Leads to mixup.

Aerial Game
JI1 – combo starter, whiffs from a TON of ranges
JI2 – [test this]
JI3 – actually works…
JI4 – good air to air hitbox

Specials
BF1
11f unsafe but quick whiff punish. Can be used to catch back-dashers provided you are relatively close and acts as a very powerful long ranged anti-air. Acts as an easy combo ender, but sacrifices your oki game and switches sizes (even in the corner, the opponent tends to be left relatively far from the corner). Hits high and very easy to punish (her hitbox seems to extend specifically to allow for punishes at all ranges))
HT: It allows you a single charge relatively safely [NEEDS TO BE TESTED AGAINST REPTILE DASH ETC]
SG: Leaves you with virtually nothing solid – you can run in and bait.
FA: Sets up zoning within low rocket range? [Test, might still not be the best option]

BF2
Launcher. Pretty much only used in combos so far – even when it could be used as a whiff punish, you should use something faster (B2 etc) to ensure it will hit. The run combo that follows up on this is very tricky but it’s looking like an essential tool if you want to use her effectively. Can always be followed by BF1 if you can’t afford to mess up – but it will cost you oki

BF4
Max damage ender that leaves you at perfect spacing AND timing for a meaty B2 (and B2 dust in SG/B2 rocket in FA) that will stuff reversals that don’t have armor. Mixed with low shotgun and F3/F4 xx Low, this is a fantastic ender.

DD4
Ground pound – hits low and can be cancelled from jump in moves for a solid block string – can be beat by fast armor moves depending on the jump in, but leaves you +1 on block

Techniques:
- "Dust" combos refer to anything that involves a ranged DB2 leading to the stun. Dust combos are midscreen only.
- BF2 run is very tricky but seems crucial to squeeze out that last bit of damage with her. You're going to have to learn it. Difficulty varies depending on the starter (or feels like it does).
- If the combo carries to the corner by the time you have landed your second BF2, use 33 (instead of run 11) BF4 for extra damage.
- Combos can be ended in BF1 for ease, but you lose all good follow ups. It's not as bad in Hi Tech (you get a charge) and Full Auto (you're left around low rocket range).

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
hmm hard to theorize stuff when we don't know how her combos work

what happens if you hit an airborne/juggled opponent with bf1/bf4/EX bf2? do they restand for the full followup or is just that 1 hit? Same question for straight shotgun blast.

Does she have any launching strings?

Can you get get anything after up rocket (regular or EX)?

Can she combo into low shotgun blast from a string that leaves them standing?

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

BF2 seems to be the best launching option right now...you can get stuff after up rocket but I've not messed with it much yet.

BF1 knocks away with or without EX
BF2 launches but only WITHOUT EX
BF4 goes into auto combo

All 3 are useless when you EX them though...

Shotgun stuns for a full combo if you space it far away...but it hits mid from far away. If it hits up close, you get a free jump in.

As for strings...they aren't really launchers outside of her B2 (the overhead)...and even then, it seems like you have to cancel into BF1.

I freaking love her...guaranteed main, but I think most people will be turned off immediately. Her combo flowchart currently seems quite limited...but it's early hours so we'll see! I'll keep testing in between playing matches. One thing I will confirm is that her ground pound isn't totally useless; you can cancel it off a jump move for a combo/mixup/single plus frame.

BF2 seems to be the best launching option right now...you can get stuff after up rocket but I've not messed with it much yet.

BF4 goes into auto combo

Shotgun stuns for a full combo if you space it far away...but it hits mid from far away. If it hits up close, you get a free jump in.

As for strings...they aren't really launchers outside of her B2 (the overhead)...and even then, it seems like you have to cancel into BF1.

I freaking love her...guaranteed main, but I think most people will be turned off immediately. Her combo flowchart currently seems quite limited...but it's early hours so we'll see! I'll keep testing in between playing matches. One thing I will confirm is that her ground pound isn't totally useless; you can cancel it off a jump move for a combo/mixup/single plus frame.
She seems hard to play, but if you learn her, she will be really good. I just hope no NRS patch mess her up.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~

BF4 goes into auto combo

no pop up strings at all? that's.. derp. So from the ones that leave you standing can you combo into shotgun low blast and still get the stun? if yes you can stun twice in the same combo?
Anything that's noticeably + on block aside from d3?

JustinXavier21

Everything has opened up now - there could actually be an infinite here somewhere but I won't have the execution for it for at least a day.

The B2 overhead can be cancelled into the shotgun for a stun allowing run 33 BF2 then possibly a second stun...I'm working to see whether we can get two stuns in a combo now.

Whoop! Sorry lads! No vortex - it requires a run lol you run out of energy/stamina...

Last edited:
Good to hear B2 overhead can be cancelled into the shotgun for a stun because it seems she needs a good overhead to win games.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Everything has opened up now - there could actually be an infinite here somewhere but I won't have the execution for it for at least a day.

The B2 overhead can be cancelled into the shotgun for a stun allowing run 33 BF2 then possibly a second stun...I'm working to see whether we can get two stuns in a combo now.

Whoop! Sorry lads! No vortex - it requires a run lol you run out of energy/stamina...
Just forward dash lol.

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.
This guy on the grind!

how would you say she plays? full on rush down or?

I know she has a varient which allows her to zone to an extent, but even then it kinda looks limited.

JustinXavier21

Whaddup Hawx lol - Her variations are are exactly as they appear. Long, mid and close range. It's very hard to see where she will play best - she's not good at any range but not bad at any either.

High tech = high damage
Shotgun = Mixups and footsies
Full Auto = ok zoning, anti-airs and possibly blockstun shenangians.

Having seen what Sonya and some of the others can do, Jacqui is average at best right now, but she's not as bland as she first appears.

Also the game looks and sounds amazing - even the music is good now!

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.
Whaddup Hawx lol - Her variations are are exactly as they appear. Long, mid and close range. It's very hard to see where she will play best - she's not good at any range but not bad at any either.

High tech = high damage

Having seen what Sonya and some of the others can do, Jacqui is average at best right now, but she's not as bland as she first appears.

Hopefully I get the game tommorow, Ive seen Sonya and Cassie, they both look interesting (The Selfie Doe)

Sharkisha looks cool, shes probably gonna take more time then others to develop though.

is she looking like High damage? i was thinking of subbing her, still maining KIT!

JustinXavier21

Hopefully I get the game tommorow, Ive seen Sonya and Cassie, they both look interesting (The Selfie Doe)

Sharkisha looks cool, shes probably gonna take more time then others to develop though.

is she looking like High damage? i was thinking of subbing her, still maining KIT!
Low damage compared to most so far. She will need the corner or very solid neutral game play alongside solid mixups/zoning depending on variation. I don't think she will be particularly high tier but it's of course very very early...Sonya on the other hand...

JustinXavier21

combos are for nerds, just dance back and forward while watching their hands and punish any move they make with bf1
That was my entire gameplan! unfortunately, the way footsies work now, the opponent can just walk in and mess you up instead. It's a really scary game!

JustinXavier21

33 is 13 start up and -10. Can't be thrown out randomly...luckily the overhead can. If anyone here has ever used Dragunov from Tekken, imagine his WR2. That's what she has. Her lows have shoddy range, so the shotgun/full auto variations add a hell of a lot to her game. Full auto gives her full extensions, but again the damage is low overall.

High tech = high damage

Sounds like you want to win easy without work.

If I was after easy wins I'd have dropped her already :D she seems really fun thus far though!
Do you have video? It seems like she had alot of tools in the NRS stream. We will have to play footies and block to win with her. I don't think that means she's low tier, as long as she has many tools to open players up, i'll take that over high damage with bad mixups. Now if she can't open players up, this will be a problem with her low damage. As long as NRS patch welll with no nonsense, Jacqui players should be fine .

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I'm getting a bunch of Vanessa(VF), Bruce(Tekken), Bryan(Tekken), Lobo(Injustice), and Sektor(MK9) vibes from her with some negative vibes from Cyborg(Injustice).

Should be an interesting character to work with. And lets please not call for buffs or nerfs for atleast several months.