What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
It's gonna be a fun ride! She's super interesting and all of her good stuff is spread over her variations, but she is (on face value) weaker than most of the others I've messed with. This group is going to get elitest real quickly...

Hi Tech makes the ground-pounds un-blockable and combos are much more simple in Hi-Tec. I'll do more combo testing now and keep you posted.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Actually bae is danish.. for poop

>__> so in a way what he's saying still applies as "Bae is Bae".

Cyborg in Injustice was fun as hell to use, pal.
... just when I thought we could be friends.

No for real good lookin out Justin. So double stun does work it's just you need stamina to loop it? 2 reps is fine I was just considering how to extend combos, can you do 2 reps then a damage string xx bf2 > run another string xx ender?

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

No for real good lookin out Justin. So double stun does work it's just you need stamina to loop it? 2 reps is fine I was just considering how to extend combos, can you do 2 reps then a damage string xx bf2 > run another string xx ender?
You have to run after every shotty so you only get three reps max (each run uses around a third)...we would ideally want to use the third stun to run and hit a mix up but we wouldn't get a conversion off it without meter. My execution still isn't in a position to mess with 3 rep stuff though...might take me a day or two. Looking at the damage, I think 1 rep into a mixup might be best. In most cases, we might reach the wall by a 2nd rep and be able to forward dash (no energy cost) to follow up. Otherwise, there's a chance that the bar will refill enough to combo...if it doesn't we'll incur the stamina penalty and the bar will take 6 years to come back).

We're going to have to spend a lot of time playing footsies with characters that have better speed/ranged normals though which is worrying...

JustinXavier21

so is running hard during a combo ?
Not hard but quite finicky...most of them come from shotguns and BF2 for me right now...the shotgun runs are really easy, but the difficulty of runs off BF2 seem to vary depending on the starter string. They're harder raw and easier on specific strings (33 etc).

You have to run after every shotty so you only get three reps max (each run uses around a third)...we would ideally want to use the third stun to run and hit a mix up but we wouldn't get a conversion off it without meter. My execution still isn't in a position to mess with 3 rep stuff though...might take me a day or two. Looking at the damage, I think 1 rep into a mixup might be best. In most cases, we might reach the wall by a 2nd rep and be able to forward dash (no energy cost) to follow up. Otherwise, there's a chance that the bar will refill enough to combo...if it doesn't we'll incur the stamina penalty and the bar will take 6 years to come back).

We're going to have to spend a lot of time playing footsies with characters that have better speed/ranged normals though which is worrying...
Well we better get to work then if we going to main her. Were not going to get good with her over night like broken Cage.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Actually bae is danish.. for poop

>__> so in a way what he's saying still applies as "Bae is Bae".

Bae in western slang is an acronym, not a word.

jrock920

Noob
Not hard but quite finicky...most of them come from shotguns and BF2 for me right now...the shotgun runs are really easy, but the difficulty of runs off BF2 seem to vary depending on the starter string. They're harder raw and easier on specific strings (33 etc).
so a lot of her combos deal with running?

JustinXavier21

Ok looks like I was wrong...finally getting the timings down, currently:

Jacqui CANNOT combo out of her shotgun stun more than once per combo.

You can combo into it twice and you'll remain on plus if you run in again, but the most you can get is a high low throw. It isn't bad but yeah...another brick wall for combo extensions lol:

Also added my current max damage mid-screen option the the first post. Running out of ideas now - can't be bothered to learn corner stuff yet - any ideas for optimising mid-screen?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How are you doing combos off of raw BF2??? I'm missing literally every single one.

You can combo into it twice and you'll remain on plus if you run in again, but the most you can get is a high low throw. It isn't bad but yeah...another brick wall for combo extensions lol:

Also added my current max damage mid-screen option the the first post. Running out of ideas now - can't be bothered to learn corner stuff yet - any ideas for optimising mid-screen?
Cage and Soyna are broke. Jacqui don't look as good as them, but she still looks mid tier.

JustinXavier21

How are you doing combos off of raw BF2??? I'm missing literally every single one.
With a lot of difficulty! Once I got the timing down on BF2 Low Shotgun, things were much easier though. Now messing with Full Auto stuff (i.e. DeathStroke)

Will update the main post with dope stuff if anyone has tech though?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Nice! What do you mean high low throw?

I don't think restanding for the second time is TOO important considering wakeups are universally shit apparently. You could just go for optimal damage and knock down then go ham on oki. Depending on the variation you could end your combos in low rocket or something else for pressure or positioning.

I won't have any ideas for optimisation until I get my copy of the game :( which reminds me, how did you get it so early?
Whaaaaat? That restands? Whaaaaaaaat.
Did you not watch the last Kombat Kast? :confused:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Oh shit so the shotgun restands as many times as you can land it :confused: that has hella potential seeing as she has 50/50s it seems ...
she's seeming more and more like Batgirl the more I find out about her it >__> with such a broken character as our aspiration we can't be low tier :p

JustinXavier21

Nice! What do you mean high low throw?

I don't think restanding for the second time is TOO important considering wakeups are universally shit apparently. You could just go for optimal damage and knock down then go ham on oki. Depending on the variation you could end your combos in low rocket or something else for pressure or positioning.

I won't have any ideas for optimisation until I get my copy of the game :( which reminds me, how did you get it so early?

Did you not watch the last Kombat Kast? :confused:
Well I was hoping Gameseek would send it out early but in the end I just drove to a store that broke street date. Looks like loads of places have for this one or I'd be wasting a whole damn weekend wondering why nobody was sharing the tech lol.

To be honest, she already feels quite weak (tried Sonya for a little while and she's freakin' nutz) so I think it's going to have to be about squeezing everything we can out of her instead. Unfortunately the oki is currently pretty ass and the ability to tech roll allows the enemy to escape everything so we may need ways to pin them down. Haven't spoken about the corner stuff yet, but both shotguns and rockets whiff in the corner...you have to change the whole combo unless you're willing to spend bar on EX up rocket.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
With a lot of difficulty! Once I got the timing down on BF2 Low Shotgun, things were much easier though. Now messing with Full Auto stuff (i.e. DeathStroke)

Will update the main post with dope stuff if anyone has tech though?
I've mainly practiced Full Auto for hours and a little of the other two. It's the best variation to me. Though I still need to grind the other two.

Her combos reached like 35-37% for one bar, and that's only what I found. Also some hella set ups with it too. I'll be going in more and will post any extra that you haven't later on. Either tonight or tomorrow.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So she's the Green Arrow of MKX? Is that what you guys are saying? You're saying she needs buffs?

Fucking help me out here guys...we have the opportunity to get her buffed to broke ;)

JustinXavier21

Oh shit so the shotgun restands as many times as you can land it :confused: that has hella potential seeing as she has 50/50s it seems ...
she's seeming more and more like Batgirl the more I find out about her it >__> with such a broken character as our aspiration we can't be low tier :p
Not remotely like Batgirl (unfortunately!). The shotgun range is pretty specific and the only consistent moves I've managed to set it up with are BF2 and B2...it can be done from jump kicks too but isn't consistent and varies based on character. From there, following a stun, only the high will loop back into the reset and
I've mainly practiced Full Auto for hours and a little of the other two. It's the best variation to me. Though I still need to grind the other two.

Her combos reached like 35-37% for one bar, and that's only what I found. Also some hella set ups with it too. I'll be going in more and will post any extra that you haven't later on. Either tonight or tomorrow.
Sounds good! Keep in mind that shotgun is scoring 37% meterless right now (at the cost of my own blood...) but having a legit anti air will help a LOT!

If you're good with running full auto, I'll take a serious look at Hi Tech now. Initially it looks ass but I think if we can get in, it's legit.

Well I was hoping Gameseek would send it out early but in the end I just drove to a store that broke street date. Looks like loads of places have for this one or I'd be wasting a whole damn weekend wondering why nobody was sharing the tech lol.

To be honest, she already feels quite weak (tried Sonya for a little while and she's freakin' nutz) so I think it's going to have to be about squeezing everything we can out of her instead. Unfortunately the oki is currently pretty ass and the ability to tech roll allows the enemy to escape everything so we may need ways to pin them down. Haven't spoken about the corner stuff yet, but both shotguns and rockets whiff in the corner...you have to change the whole combo unless you're willing to spend bar on EX up rocket.
I think a good player with Jacqui will win alot. It's just not going to be free wins like Soyna and Cage.