What's new

Jacquelyn Briggs BUFF Suggestions

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Hopefully NRS takes another look at her. If she does get any buffs they need to go towards having better normals. Given their poor range, asking for faster ones is reasonable.
Agreed. Never said "Jacqui needs this!" She's a great character, my favorite. Just listed some suggestions that would benefit her more than the previous "BUFFS" given.

Although she has some great tools, there are reasons why she's not commonly used in high level offline play. [Never said she totally unviable either]
Well aware of her strong points, would rather focus on her weak points with the slightest frame/hitbox changes to some of her normals in order to see her more frequently used at high level in the offline scene which she is currently absent from. Not shooting Hand Cannon from full screen at randoms online in 8+ frames of lag.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok? The all knowing Pan1cmode has spoken? I was tagged in the OP asking for my opinion so I gave it, thanks for the top notch reply. I really don't know what the issue with 4u4 is. You're just calling stupid because you don't like it? You're having trouble executing it?

Everywhere on this site all we see is buff this buff that, nerf this nerf that. It's getting really old. Has everyone forgotten that the game has been out for less than 3 months? Everyone sitting behind their keyboards raging because Jacqui has shorter normals or a "bad AA" game. You all act like you know what she NEEDS and that she can't compete without your buffs, but I think you're wrong. Characters are supposed to have holes and weaknesses, and while Jacqui does have some, she has plenty of tools to very well in tournament.

Get back in the lab guys, and just play play play. That's how Jacqui is going to get better.
It doesn't take a genius to see which characters have glaring holes. I'm all for Jacqui having weaknesses; I don't think she should excel at everything. I also however don't think it's fair that she be given the worst air normals, the worst anti-airs, terrible range on her normals, bad specials in general, slow normals and the worst armour all at once. She can have shitty range on her normals, but then don't make them stupidly slow. She can have shitty ex moves, but then make them safe. She can have shitty air normals, but then make her anti-airs decent.

I love Jacqui, and I want to use her in tournament play. I don't want a super OP top tier character, I want a character with well defined strengths who is compensated for her weaknesses.

Of course she can still win matches, but so could Joker in Injustice. If the aim is to have every character viable, then Jacqui will need some help. Currently there is no reason to use her over several other characters who do what she does, but better. Even with all the buffs the Jacqui community has been asking for and decent nerds to top tier, she still wouldn't crack 12th best. This is what we're aiming for. A character that has three useable variations with unique play styles.

No matter how hard I 'hit the lab' it's not gonna change Jacqui's frame data nor her lack of anti-airs, nor her terrible armour, etc.

This goes especially for High Tech and Shotgun, but also for full auto.

f121 not coming out on block seems like a straight up bug. Why have it as an overhead and list block advantage if it only comes out on hit? Plus it's pointless on hit anyways because it's only +6 and it's techrollablee and f12 can be confirmed into bf4 or something else

Regarding 4u4, it isn't incredibly hard to do, but it's a pointlessly difficult input. Like, they could map it to anything, why make it that difficult?

I really hope I'm not coming off as elitist, it's just the people who are playing Jacqui offline against consistent competition are exposed to how flawed and incomplete she feels as a character when compared to half the cast.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
F121 coming out on block would be fine but other than that I really don't think Full Auto needs anything, that variation is good.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
tbh buffs I think would actually help:

quicker d4
better hitbox/startup on d2
better hitbox on j1/j2
tech shield better recovery or start-up, right now they're both too long to legit help against constant projectiles

f121 coming out on block would be neat, but not something I'd deem necessary

HT:
Quicker gauntlet charge, Liu's is like 24 frames and he gets better benefits off of it, something like 40 frames will be ok imo. If not make the charge lasts longer so it's worth the risk.
Quick burst absorb gets a charge so it has a point in using it over tech shield?

SG:
make dust consistent on juggled opponents.
make straight shotgun similar to release where you can combo off of it but a second rep drops them.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

Edited some things...

The following are all changes that help the character throughout all of her variations. Jacqui's main problem is having an insanely short reach with her faster normals, and lack of solid pokes where opponents have gaps in strings, or just to be able to counter poke.

Don't expect her animations to magically change or her arms or legs to get longer [But slightly extended hitboxes on s1 and d3 would be nice], so here are some reasonable suggestions.

Universal changes...

S1, Slightly extended hitbox

7 frame d3, 1 frame faster than the current 8 - What this move really needs is an extended hitbox...

9 frame d2, 2 frames faster than the current 11

11 frame d4, 2 frames faster than the current 13

10 frame Tech Shield/Advance Tech Shield, 1 frame faster than the current 11

MB BF2 going back to it's original damage and being made -6/7 on block, making it safe VS most of the cast. This would give Jacqui one safe Wake Up option, at the cost of a bar.

A new command for 4u4 [Stanky Leg], maybe just 4~4. I think the entire Jaqcui community has despised this command since it was found early on.

F121 string. The last hit coming out on block. At 0 VS the current +2 that is mentioned in the command list, however... In it's current form, it is non applicable due to the last hit of the string not coming out on block.

Variation specific...

High Tech, Quick Burst getting a faster start up.

Shotgun, more plus frames on df2 and if a second one hit consecutively, would cause a knockdown similar to Kano's Eye Laser.
I'm OK with ALL this as long as she gives up her machine gun for this...

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I'm OK with ALL this as long as she gives up her machine gun for this...

Haha... Definitely was not requesting it all, just to be clear. They are just separate suggestions. If they gave her that skin though...

Reactions: GAV

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
It doesn't take a genius to see which characters have glaring holes. I'm all for Jacqui having weaknesses; I don't think she should excel at everything. I also however don't think it's fair that she be given the worst air normals, the worst anti-airs, terrible range on her normals, bad specials in general, slow normals and the worst armour all at once. She can have shitty range on her normals, but then don't make them stupidly slow. She can have shitty ex moves, but then make them safe. She can have shitty air normals, but then make her anti-airs decent.

I love Jacqui, and I want to use her in tournament play. I don't want a super OP top tier character, I want a character with well defined strengths who is compensated for her weaknesses.

Of course she can still win matches, but so could Joker in Injustice. If the aim is to have every character viable, then Jacqui will need some help. Currently there is no reason to use her over several other characters who do what she does, but better. Even with all the buffs the Jacqui community has been asking for and decent nerds to top tier, she still wouldn't crack 12th best. This is what we're aiming for. A character that has three useable variations with unique play styles.

No matter how hard I 'hit the lab' it's not gonna change Jacqui's frame data nor her lack of anti-airs, nor her terrible armour, etc.

This goes especially for High Tech and Shotgun, but also for full auto.

f121 not coming out on block seems like a straight up bug. Why have it as an overhead and list block advantage if it only comes out on hit? Plus it's pointless on hit anyways because it's only +6 and it's techrollablee and f12 can be confirmed into bf4 or something else

Regarding 4u4, it isn't incredibly hard to do, but it's a pointlessly difficult input. Like, they could map it to anything, why make it that difficult?

I really hope I'm not coming off as elitist, it's just the people who are playing Jacqui offline against consistent competition are exposed to how flawed and incomplete she feels as a character when compared to half the cast.
Jacqui's anti airs aren't the worst. Especially not in Full auto. You've been perpetuating this false statement for awhile, so please stop. Goro has probably the worst anti air. 4u4 is really strong for cross up jumps, and standing 1 does the trick for crossups on a decent part of the cast. Up rocket goes without saying, and with her walk back and run speed, her trip guarding is solid. Yes her D2 is slow and njp is kinda booty, but the WORST anti air game is crap.

No one is doubting your love for Jacqui, and if you want to use her in tournament play do it.

Did you really just compare Jacqui to the Joker? girl please.... She is currently viable. She has tools that no others in the cast have, and there's definitely good reason to use her. Just take a minute and realize that you just theory crafted Jacqui's tier placement based on imaginary buffs that you and others have made up, and ''decent nerfs to top tiers'' which could literally mean anything. How you came out with 12th on the tier list, or how you can possibly try and justify why Jacqui should be 12th on the tier list in front of others is ''fair'' is beyond me. Basically what we want is a solid mid tier character, and contrary to your's or DJT's belief, that's where she is, in my opinion.

Hitting the lab and practicing/playing has nothing to do with changing anything, but more your understanding on how to use the tools she has to your advantage. Like her anti airs, which you seem to struggle with.

Armour is armour, her stuff doesn't launch and it's unsafe. It sucks but it's one of her weakness'. Even when they do buff her EX moves you still make a thread and complain.

F121 is weird, I don't understand it either so here we agree... for once

I guess I don't think 4u4 is pointlessly difficult to do. Not much discussion to have here... It's just really not that hard. Level up... or something.

You often do come off as an elitist, but not because you're concern is for Offline players. I only play offline. Several times a week with @Jer and @zaf my training partners, at our Bi weekly local, and at every Major I can attend (only one so far).

The buff/nerf thread pandemic is REAL on TYM, and they need to stop. Just play the game...

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
No one in the Jacqui community is saying that full auto is not viable. Its her other two variations that needs addressing. Those are the ones that should be address specifically. The whole point of the variation system is to stay with your favorite character for problem matchups. What's the point of her other 2 variations if they are useless . IMO full auto works well primarily for 2 main reasons, she has a reliable anti-air and her machine gun fixes her range issues. In Jacqui's other variations(not FA), I'm confuse on what her base design is suppose to be. She seems to be a in your face rush down pressure fighter but most of her moves pushes the opponent so far away.
Her machine gun seems to alleviate this. The quick burst and shogun blast cant compensate for her slow, stubby limbs in their current state. She get out prioritized so easily IMO. I for one dont think we have to accept just 1 viable variation.

cashthesehands

monster masher
Increased plus frames would be nice on standing shotgun, but I can see how that'd be problematic. I'd maybe take a little more range on the standing shotgun, and more reliable lands from the low shotgun. A d3 as suggested would be helpful.

Tom,

Tell me one character in this game, across all 3 variations that does not either

get a metered burned wake up that is safe on block or an unsafe meter burned wakeup that launches on hit.

Jacqui is the only character in the entire game that has neither.
Edit: D'Vorah...

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Uhhh.. Quan Chi lol... Unbreakable SZ has no safe armor and parry loses to jump ins. i can go on if you want...
Quan has warlock scoop. Sub zero has clone smash which is -9 (or something? I don't remember exactly), but much more safe than all of Jacqui's armour. Sub also has Cryo hammer.

Sonya is a character whose armour is as bad as Jacqui's across all variations. Although, she does get the wake up in demolition.

Erron Black as well, although at least his hits low and he has the command grab to mix it up.

Then there's D'Vorah but hers is much more safe than Jacqui's.

EB, Sonya and D'Vorah are also much better characters than Jacqui anyways.

Quan has warlock scoop. Sub zero has clone smash which is -9 (or something? I don't remember exactly), but much more safe than all of Jacqui's armour. Sub also has Cryo hammer.

Sonya is a character whose armour is as bad as Jacqui's across all variations. Although, she does get the wake up in demolition.

Erron Black as well, although at least his hits low and he has the command grab to mix it up.

Then there's D'Vorah but hers is much more safe than Jacqui's.

EB, Sonya and D'Vorah are also much better characters than Jacqui anyways.
Not the point.. he said name ONE. I misread what he meat, he meant all 3 variation not having one. D'Vorah fits that. his point was ONLY Jacqui had that problem.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not the point.. he said name ONE. I misread what he meat, he meant all 3 variation not having one. D'Vorah fits that. his point was ONLY Jacqui had that problem.
Yes, he was wrong. However D'Vorah's armour is still better than Jacqui's (safer, multi hitting, faster start up, much more chip).

IKizzLE

BloodHound
My mistake, so out of 28 some odd characters, D'vorrah and Jacqui are in the same boat wakeup wise across all three variations.
So....are my requests unreasonable or nah? lol

My mistake, so out of 28 some odd characters, D'vorrah and Jacqui are in the same boat wakeup wise across all three variations.
So....are my requests unreasonable or nah? lol
BUT thats not the ONLY buff ppl want. They want Jacque to have great damage still + still have good zoning only now have awesome footsies as well as a safe armor attack in case you get in. You want better footsies and safe armor? Tone down full atuo's zoning then...

I'm done with this.... I'm at the point where these patches have really hurt the game because now NO ONE wants to reinvent how their character is played and really see how far they can take the character. Instead they give up and wait for the buffs that they feel they have a god given right to. Even though I disagree with the campaign every character forum seems to have for 10+ buffs, it seems like thats the thing to do even more so then actually just getting better and more creative.

After you guys cry to the heavens for god knows how many millions of buffs - then the Johnny forum will want their 15 buffs, then the Takeda forum will want 15 buffs, then the Kano forum wants 15 buffs, etc... All the SZ players want is to be able to actually d0 the ex clone instead of it randomly not working because the opponent breathed. Everyone else whats their 15 buffs.

I'm done getting involved with buff threads, people are just always going to cry for millions of buffs because its just easier then actually advancing the character. Its not just Jacque players either.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BUT thats not the ONLY buff ppl want. They want Jacque to have great damage still + still have good zoning only now have awesome footsies as well as a safe armor attack in case you get in. You want better footsies and safe armor? Tone down full atuo's zoning then...

I'm done with this.... I'm at the point where these patches have really hurt the game because now NO ONE wants to re-invent how their character is played and really see how far they can take the character. Instead they give up and wait for the buffs that they feel they have a god given right to. Even though I disagree with the campaign every character forum seems to have for 10+ buffs, it seems like thats the thing to do even more so then actually just getting better and more creative.

After you guys cry to the heavens for god knows how many millions of buffs - then the Johnny forum will want their 15 buffs, then the Takeda forum will want 15 buffs, then the Kano forum wants 15 buffs, etc...

All the SZ players want is to be able to actually d the ex clone instead of it randomly not working because the opponent breathed....

I'm done getting involved with buff threads, people are just always going to cry for millions of buffs because its just easier then actually advancing the character. Its not just Jacque players either.
Real talk Tom, which of the changes in the OP would give Jacqui 'awesome' footsies? Which change would give her footsies on par with Cassie, Kotal, Raiden, D'Vorah, Kung Jin?

And full auto's zoning while not terrible isn't even remotely OP or do you want me to tag your friend @General M2Dave to explain that to you?

Let's just completely forget when you cried for sub zero buffs not even a month ago http://testyourmight.com/threads/sub-zero-needs-b12-clone-and-f42-clone-to-be-safe.53304/

We get it, ex klone is buggy. It's not like you haven't made 69079 threads about it already. We all agree, it should be fixed. So please get off your high horse as if there is some conspiracy that we want sub zero nerfed while all other characters receive buffs.

Can you not understand the frustration of character forums crying for not 1 or 2.. but 15+ buffs and actually getting them meanwhile we cannot even get a move to come out and all we get is "too bad, git gud dawg"?

As far as im concerned NRS should make sure all the moves work before anyone gets buffed.

Hell with it, buff her up.. whatever.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can you not understand the frustration of character forums crying for not 1 or 2.. but 15+ buffs and actually getting them meanwhile we cannot even get a move to come out and all we get is "too bad, git gud dawg"?

As far as im concerned NRS should make sure all the moves work before anyone gets buffed.

Hell with it, buff her up.. whatever.
We can actually understand Tom. It was several patches in before her hitboxes were even fixed to combo as they should have from launch.

Just because one character gets fixed/buffed does not mean that another character can't be too. I understand your frustration, I really do, but don't take it out on others.