What's new

Jacquelyn Briggs BUFF Suggestions

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

These are all individual suggestions. Not saying "All of them", just to be clear.

Edited some things...

The following are all changes that help the character throughout all of her variations. Jacqui's main problem is having an insanely short reach with her faster normals, and lack of solid pokes.

Don't expect her animations to magically change or her arms or legs to get longer [But slightly extended horizontal hitboxes on s1 and d3 would be nice], so here are some reasonable suggestions.

Universal changes... Individual suggestions

The ability to recover 2 frames earlier on hit for Low Rocket and Bionic Dash would improve combo consistency, while also making Dusting or running into a 12 more consistent after a low into Bionic Dash in Shotgun.

S1, Slightly extended hitbox

Jip's 1 & 2 improved hitboxes

7 frame d3, 1 frame faster than the current 8 - What this move really needs is an extended hitbox...

9 frame d2, 2 frames faster than the current 11

10 frame d4, 3 frames faster than the current 13

9 frame Tech Shield/Advance Tech Shield, 2 frames faster than the current 11. Maybe add 50% more to the current meter build.

MB BF2 going back to it's original damage and being made -6/7 on block, making it safe VS most of the cast. This would give Jacqui one safe Wake Up option, at the cost of a bar.

Force Charge/Force Rush being a Mid instead of the current High, and also having better recovery on whiff to be used as another mobility tool.

A new command for 4u4 [Stanky Leg], maybe just 4~4. I think the entire Jaqcui community has despised this command since it was found early on.

F121 string. The last hit coming out on block. At 0 VS the current +2 that is mentioned in the command list, however... In it's current form, it is non applicable due to the last hit of the string not coming out on block.

Variation specific...

Full Auto: F12~Up Rocket whiffs randomly on stand blocking opponents causing Jacqui to get unfairly full combo punished.

High Tech: Quick Burst getting a faster start up.

Shotgun: More plus frames on df2 and if a second one hit consecutively, would cause a knockdown similar to Kano's Eye Laser.

Non gameplay related, but HYPE! related.

Jacqui Briggs has some of the best lines in the game...

Say my name BITCH!

You feelin me now?

Want some more?

Just look at you...

You did't see that one coming?

I'm on a roll now.

You aint' all that.

I play for keeps!

Next time I'd Block!

Weren't expecting that, were you?

Hmmph!

My daddy taught me that one.

AWWWWE DAMN!

Currently... The only way you're gonna hear these lines is from throws or using some of her universal MB moves which are currently all unsafe or used for Brutalities, negating these lines altogether. MB DB2 in FA would be good instead of MB BF1 as it's used in some BnB's.

Simple suggestion... Triggering VO's after regular BF4, her most commonly used combo ender. This would add hype to the end of every BnB converted and would be awesome for her in offline streamed tournaments. Hearing "Say my name BITCH!" was actually the reason I first took interest in the character. Maybe after MB DB2, something she uses in combos in FA.

Since learning to play her, the only time I ever hear any of these amazing lines is with throws and wake up MB BF1, Currently her best Wake Up... but still death on block and on whiff when your opponent ducks it [recovery on it even on whiff is appalling].

Asking the Jacqui community for your thoughts on these universal changes, along with recommendations for

High Tech... and Shotgun.

@colt
@TrulyAmiracle
@SaltShaker
@Eldriken
@Pan1cMode
@MsMiharo
@karaokelove
@StormGoddess
@Rip Torn
@Pterodactyl
@daddydab32ho
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI DJT

Any Jacqui Briggs brethren I may have forgotten...

Would love to see this character used in offline tournaments by many of the top contenders that have tried her and dropped her almost immediately. Would also like to hear their explanation as to why?

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
- Low shotgun should restand aerial opponents regardless of the range.

This is a simple buff that would help her out a lot, especially in the corner.

Faster start up on both shots would be nice as well.

Either an incread vertical hitbox on straight df2 or (unlikely) an upward angled AA shot would be great.

- Doing any non-buff EX moves in HT should activate a stack of the buff, or (unlikely) she should get a counter than gives her a stack of the buff on hit.

skater11

The saltiest
I feel like jacqui lacks a low starter(not really) simply because of the fact that b33's range is shit so I'm forced to use b14. Which is still really good don't get me wrong but I'd much rather use b33 since it's more dmg and has more use with the f3 and f4 cancels. Also, there's no way im landing b33 on a crossover jump punch or sometimes even a lengthy jump in..

I really want to use hi tech Jacqui badly but there's a handful of things that keep me from it when there's other characters who do everything she does and better.

Last edited:

astronout

see you at the top.
All she needs is more range on B3 and at least full auto would be fixed. her horrendous ass pokes could also use some improvement in order for her to stack up against the rest of the cast.

Enhanced BF2 launching like its non-enhanced version would also be a dream.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
MB B2 become safe? HELL NO. Seems like everyone wants to get of the corner free.
She does not get anything off of it Tom. and 1 bar is not free at all, Just saying... Also recommended the damage be brought back down to it's prior state. Good stuff at CEO BTW, Enjoyed your matches.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Give her 2 stanky legs.

BTW.. no way in hell ex bf2 should be safe.
Not really, it doesn't launch, is very slow, very punishable on block, can be jumped out of and does less than ex bf4 (still even after the buff) to at least have it safe (or somewhat close to safe) isn't too much to ask for. Literally the only character with worse armour in this game is Quan, and warlock still has better armour than Jacqui with the variation specific grab.

There is no justification for why this move should be as punishable as it is. It has no other utility.

skater11

The saltiest
There's no reason to ever use EX bf2 when she doesn't get a full combo off it. I'd be happy if it was exactly like non EX bf2 but with armor instead. I'm specifically talking hi tech Jacqui.
Not really, it doesn't launch, is very slow, very punishable on block, can be jumped out of and does less than ex bf4 (still even after the buff) to at least have it safe (or somewhat close to safe) isn't too much to ask for. Literally the only character with worse armour in this game is Quan, and warlock still has better armour than Jacqui with the variation specific grab.

There is no justification for why this move should be as punishable as it is. It has no other utility.
What do you think about having it able to 2 in 1 cancel on block? Or is that not a thing? EX bf2xxdf2

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Faster tech shield is something I find myself thinking she needs a lot. Maybe even faster than 10f but it does have very good active frames. The main thing she needs though is longer gauntlets so she can actually punish stuff with her S1.

Jacqui got dem t-rex arms on lock!

Considering her ridiculously inferior moveset, it should either be safe or combo launch when EX'd. Don't see how that's even debatable at this point.
Buffs? Maybe... Safe armor or an armor launcher? NO!! Don't you realize that if she gets buffed that she will also have a SAFE 50/50 on top of any buffs? Buffs don't always men "hey, can I get up safely every time please?"...

The Kano Salt is real.
Not at all.. Jacqui has the same problem that everyone else does, the top of the top are just too strong. Jacqui is actually pretty good and would do well if the very top characters were normalized. She does well vs a good amount of the cast, there are just characters that are too strong. Also, I feel like some Jacqui players are just waiting for buffs rather then actually trying to advance her.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Buffs? Maybe... Safe armor or an armor launcher? NO!! Don't you realize that if she gets buffed that she will also have a SAFE 50/50 on top of any buffs? Buffs don't always men "hey, can I get up safely every time please?"...
You make a valid point Tom, not disagreeing. But do consider the range on the MB Bionic Blast has less range than Bionic Dash. Could be easily baited, backdashed at specific ranges and whiff punished severely with it's 30+ frames of recovery, It could also be baited and NJP'd.

Also, the thread is titled specifically "suggestions". It would only be up to "The one true God" to decide which ones might suit Ms. Briggs. And...

What ever happened to Tom Briggs Brady? :)

Hopefully NRS takes another look at her. If she does get any buffs they need to go towards having better normals. Given their poor range, asking for faster ones is reasonable.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Ok now you just reaching like mr Fantastic. Df2 mb should not be safe especially in full auto. I would say make it safe for shotgun and high tech. Full auto punishable or don't make it safe.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't you realize that the character is ass? If you "normalized the Top 10" they would all still be better than Her and all the mid tiers would still be better. If you went to Injustice and "normalized the Top 8" Green Arrow would still be ass. Like Jacqui.

Normalizing the Top 10 is completely irrelevant to the buffs Jacqui needs to get out of the gutter.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Yeah no.

She does and 4u4 is a stupid af command.
Ok? The all knowing Pan1cmode has spoken? I was tagged in the OP asking for my opinion so I gave it, thanks for the top notch reply. I really don't know what the issue with 4u4 is. You're just calling stupid because you don't like it? You're having trouble executing it?

Everywhere on this site all we see is buff this buff that, nerf this nerf that. It's getting really old. Has everyone forgotten that the game has been out for less than 3 months? Everyone sitting behind their keyboards raging because Jacqui has shorter normals or a "bad AA" game. You all act like you know what she NEEDS and that she can't compete without your buffs, but I think you're wrong. Characters are supposed to have holes and weaknesses, and while Jacqui does have some, she has plenty of tools to very well in tournament.

Get back in the lab guys, and just play play play. That's how Jacqui is going to get better.