What's new

Jacquelyn Briggs BUFF Suggestions

cashthesehands

monster masher
Dream lists buffs (i've been mostly labbing with shotgun these days):
  • f3 kara - make it closer to stanky leg recovery on hit, or allow stankly leg to be cancelled into from either kara
  • standing shotgun - slightly better range, or 2 in 1 cancellable
  • low shotgun - tracks juggled opponents more consistently - just needs tweaks similar to full auto.
The poke improvements(particulary s1 and d3) @WidowPuppy suggested would be swell, but if she can't those at least give her a little more ranged dirt.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Dream lists buffs (i've been mostly labbing with shotgun these days):
  • f3 kara - make it closer to stanky leg recovery on hit, or allow stankly leg to be cancelled into from either kara
  • standing shotgun - slightly better range, or 2 in 1 cancellable
  • low shotgun - tracks juggled opponents more consistently - just needs tweaks similar to full auto.
The poke improvements(particulary s1 and d3) @WidowPuppy suggested would be swell, but if she can't those at least give her a little more ranged dirt.
Her Kara canceling is fine. In shotgun, her Kara cancel into Toe Stomp can be followed up with BF2~ Dust. Her Downward Hammer can be follewed up with Bionic Dash/BF2, run, 12~DB2/Dust.

Gonna lab it up with Shotgun over the next couple weeks and re-evaluate that variation... Agree with the pokes though.

I should of mentioned in the OP that these were individual ideas, not "ALL THIS" as some people have assumed. Off to the lab with SG to see what kind of dirt I can find.

E

Eldriken

Her Kara canceling is fine. In shotgun, her Kara cancel into Toe Stomp can be followed up with BF2~ Dust. Her Downward Hammer can be follewed up with Bionic Dash/BF2, run, 12~DB2/Dust.

Gonna lab it up with Shotgun over the next couple weeks and re-evaluate that variation... Agree with the pokes though.

I should of mentioned in the OP that these were individual ideas, not "ALL THIS" as some people have assumed. Off to the lab with SG to see what kind of dirt I can find.
The only dirt you're gonna find is the shit that flies off the ground after you do Dust. :DOGE

I don't think Jacqui needs buffs.

Edit: and 4u4 isn't that hard to do...
The fact that it isn't difficult to input doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly counter-intuitive... and just generally pointless. There's no reason it can't just be mapped to u4 or 4~4 (i.e. press 4 twice really quickly).

As for buffs, I certainly wouldn't say no to High Tech db2 having 10-15 frames less duration, even if she doesn't necessarily need it.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I dunno about Jacqui, but from the sounds of it, you need to buff your ability to duck and walk forward. :DOGE
I do flawlessly, but ppl who do that shit need to do other things rather than spam the same shit. Thats how your ass can get puinshed:DOGE

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
You do realize this thread has nothing to do with spammers right? Also you do realize your posts are nonsense 9 times out of 10 right?
You do realize this is about Jacqui right? you do realize I SUGGEST if you can read, she already has "Buffs" and dont need any more.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
You do realize this is about Jacqui right? you do realize I SUGGEST if you can read, she already has "Buffs" and dont need any more.
Still nonsense buddy, you need to work on that.

Anyway, people more want buffs for shotgun/high tech not for full auto I've said a few times, even in this thread, that I think full auto is good but the other two variations are not good at all and can't even "spam" anything, which seems to be your argument against buffing her.

E

Eldriken

Buff High Tech and Shotgun to actually be viable. A universal range buff to her normals would be swell, but if that never happens, then so be it. We've managed without it thus far.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Something I thought about as a solution to her crappy range. They should buff one of her low pokes to have enough hit advantage to where a Kara Cancel 50/50 will reach in time.

Like say you land a D1,D3, D4, then you can follow up with the Kara 50/50. So many characters have guaranteed 50/50's or uber pressure after a landed low poke, yet Jacqui will be lucky to even hit you with her slow ass non existent ranged pokes. Adding the hit advantage increase will help her do what everyone else with the same ability can do.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Something I thought about as a solution to her crappy range. They should buff one of her low pokes to have enough hit advantage to where a Kara Cancel 50/50 will reach in time.

Like say you land a D1,D3, D4, then you can follow up with the Kara 50/50. So many characters have guaranteed 50/50's or uber pressure after a landed low poke, yet Jacqui will be lucky to even hit you with her slow ass non existent ranged pokes. Adding the hit advantage increase will help her do what everyone else with the same ability can do.
Her Kara cancels are like... 20-30 frames start up? I'm not sure the exact number, sooo a poke that granted enough hit advantage to cover any armor or back dash would be pretty crazy. considering that her kara 50/50s are safe (except her low which can be reversed by Cassie's flip kick), a low profile safe poke that's 8 - 13 frames that leads to a guaranteed safe 50/50 that nets like 40% dmg with meter (in FA anyways)... I don't think so.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Her Kara cancels are like... 20-30 frames start up? I'm not sure the exact number, sooo a poke that granted enough hit advantage to cover any armor or back dash would be pretty crazy. considering that her kara 50/50s are safe (except her low which can be reversed by Cassie's flip kick), a low profile safe poke that's 8 - 13 frames that leads to a guaranteed safe 50/50 that nets like 40% dmg with meter (in FA anyways)... I don't think so.
Then make Kara faster or changes along those lines.

You do know most other cast members can simply low poke you with a D1 or a D3 for a free 50/50 attempt, which also most can make safe right?

cashthesehands

monster masher

I specifically meant Karas without the cancel. F3 gives a little more range to a move that looks a lot like stanky leg,but then she's stuck in recovery frames. I was messing around in the lab with that, and is a decent trip guard option to punish jump in a outside of 4u4 range.

The cancelling is fine. She gets great damage off of either of those and they're unsafe enough to be fair.

9 frame d2, 2 frames faster than the current 11

11 frame d4, 2 frames faster than the current 13
I know very little about Jacqui, so I can't say much about her balance changes, but two things stuck out to me as soooooo awful I would have to immediately agree they be looked at regardless .

13 frame d4? Ouch... do any other characters have d4's this bad???

And a 11 frame d2 is really bad. Hell, I honestly don't see a reason every character shouldn't have a 8 frame d2. So 9 sounds pretty reasonable.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
She needs a safe wake up option tbh.
I don't even really care what move it would be.
Like Ermac's EX Soul Burst, which is -5 on block but doesn't lead into anything, but at least it knocks your opponent across the screen if it hits.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
None of her ex specials lead to anything hahaha.
I suppose you are right yeah, apart from her EX down rocket, but why would you use that on wake up.
I'd be happy if BF1 would be safe and instead of still switching you to the other side on block, just stops you in your tracks.
Seems like a fair trade.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I suppose you are right yeah, apart from her EX down rocket, but why would you use that on wake up.
I'd be happy if BF1 would be safe and instead of still switching you to the other side on block, just stops you in your tracks.
Seems like a fair trade.
Sorry I should clarify, none of her armoured specials lead to anything.

The consensus is ex bf2 should be safe so that it has a use. (It's also 23 frames and easily stuff able so nowhere near OP lol)

My personal favourite would be ex bf4 being safe but we'll never get that.

Last edited:

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Sorry I should clarify, none of her armoured specials lead to anything.

The consensus is ex bf2 should be safe so that it has a use. (It's also 23 frames and easily stuff able so nowhere near OP lol)

My personal favourite would be ex bf4 being safe but we'll never get that.
Think I'm just going to drop Jacqui for now.
The frames on her are too high (apart from her 1), her range on normals is utter crap, and the ones she does have range on seem to have a really long startup and can easily be poked out or just "counter-combo'd"
No safe wake-ups.
Inconstancy with Shotgun variation as far as dust setups go (male/female)

Maybe I just suck with her I don't know, but she seems inferior to pretty much any other character.
Her corner stuff is okay though, but that seems to be about it.
But I can't counter characters or punish them if they even have the slightest knockback on block, It's annoying the living hell out of me, and her B1 is too slow to punish from that range, and so is her B2.
On top of that, her fastest normal and the only punish she has (her 1) is a high too so can easily be ducked and poked out of.
I like her, but her flaws are annoying the living daylight out of me.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The frames on her are too high (apart from her 1), her range on normals is utter crap, and the ones she does have range on seem to have a really long startup and can easily be poked out or just "counter-combo'd"
No safe wake-ups.

Maybe I just suck with her I don't know, but she seems inferior to pretty much any other character.
But I can't counter characters or punish them if they even have the slightest knockback on block, It's annoying the living hell out of me, and her B1 is too slow to punish from that range, and so is her B2.
On top of that, her fastest normal and the only punish she has (her 1) is a high too so can easily be ducked and poked out of.
Full auto is very viable.

I'll go into it further in about a week and a bits time, or just send me a PM.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
No safe wake-ups.

Which characters are you having trouble punishing?

This is for
High Tech (I call this very reasonable changes)

-Give Her MB Quick Burst Armor (Notice its slow move and still unsafe)
-Give Her MB Quick Burst Recovery (Similar to normal Quick Burst)
-Make Her B33 12 Frames (From 18) But Make it unsafe -12 on Block (From -7) (Notice its VERY VERY low range string)

-2 Faster Recovery Frames On DB2 (IDK why this isnt happend yet but jacqui cant get anything big from it in mid screen anyway)

i forgot most important thing
-Much Faster Recovery for Gauntlet Charge or At least the MB Version!!! (The only safe way now to get it out is with 114 String Ender that will end up like 10 to 15% Damage with QBRC)

Last edited: