What's new

Injustice character roster so far + Prediction of FULL roster

Guys the roster is larger than 24. Also Killer Frost is basically confirmed as she was just added to DC comics character page.

She was added because shes gonna be in the new 52 Firestorm
No she wasn't. They have not added any other character who appeared in comics. Ocean Master just had a crossover with Justice League, where is he on there? Where is Anton Arcane who was a major threat to Swamp Thing and Animal Man? Where is Martian Manhunter who has been in several New 52 comics now and is now leading his own Justice League? Where is H'el who was part of Superboy, Supergirl, and Superman comics? I could go on and on. The only reason she was added was for Injustice.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
No she wasn't. They have not added any other character who appeared in comics. Ocean Master just had a crossover with Justice League, where is he on there? Where is Anton Arcane who was a major threat to Swamp Thing and Animal Man? Where is Martian Manhunter who has been in several New 52 comics now and is now leading his own Justice League? Where is H'el who was part of Superboy, Supergirl, and Superman comics? I could go on and on. The only reason she was added was for Injustice.
Honestly I think they put her on the list because every one is talking about her now not because shes gonna be in the game
I just don't see her getting in the game if Firestorm isn't in it would be like adding Calender man and not adding Batman

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Doesn't look like Adam to me... 4th Flier and Mr. Purple Leg are two guys that haven't been revealed yet...
i actually think that does look like Adam but i misread that i thought he meant the guy who flies by while Aquaman's on that giant shrimp thing

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Neither Captain Cold or Killer Frost are "basically confirmed" at this point, it would be gdlk if Black Manta was in the game.

I just don't see her getting in the game if Firestorm isn't in it would be like adding Calender man and not adding Batman
It would be nothing like that lol, DC has used her outside of comics several times fighting non Firestorm(although he could be fun in this game) heroes its not like Joker/Batman or Lex/Superman not all villains have to be tethered to a hero or vice versa.

They need to officially confirm Raven and Black Adam already

kurtz

Noob
So currently the roster count is 22 with all currently revealed characters (with the inclusion of Black Adam). With the recent reveal of Ares in the comics and the fact that his helmet is apparently available that brings us to 23 characters.

If the roster is to be kept at 24 then this means we have one more character left likely the other character from the achievement who could be male or female but who has been speculated to be female.

MMH has been mentioned to possibly be DLC in the future.

It has been mentioned that the 24 character roster that we have seen is a decoy but whether that meant it was hiding more characters in the newest one, that some characters required unlocking, some characters are DLC, or just that the characters are not placed in the correct location we do not know.

It has also been mentioned that the team behind this game was apparently a fan of the amount of characters in the initial Mortal Kombat roster (or possibly the full roster) so based on this we can assume there to be anywhere from 26-32 characters in the Injustice roster. Considering 4 characters for MK were DLC and one of them was a console exclusive then if they are doing a rough amount of the same amount of characters for Injustice then we have anywhere from 3-10 characters left to be revealed before all characters including DLC characters are revealed.

However it has also been mentioned that Keeping with theMortal Kombat theme, Adam also added...
"We're planning to have more content in Injustice than we had in MK9."
This could mean that they will have more stages and characters in the game at launch, more DLC, etc...I'm going to assume characters however and so I'm going to predict the final roster at launch to be somewhere between 26-30. with anywhere from 32-34 characters for the final roster.

If they do the same amount of DLC characters for MK then the roster count is likely around 26-28 characters as was the initial character count for MK.

So this means that we could only have 1 more character to be revealed or this could mean that we have at least 3-5 more to be revealed

Since NRS has left plenty of indication to assume that it is will be more than 24 characters I'm going to base my predictions on a 26 character cap. and any predictions over that will be DLC characters.

NRS has also said that not all characters seen in the story will be playable however so keep that in mind too.

The Flash and ????? collectible fig from DC comics collectibles hints at an unknown foe bundled with Flash. Since both Doomsday and Raven were revealed and the image did not change to a recognizable character yet then we can either assume the character is Ares or perhaps a as of yet unknown villain.

For heroes outside of MMH the most commonly asked for ones seem to be Firestorm, Black Canary, Lobo, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Powergirl, Blue Beetle, Katana, and Doctor Fate.

For Villains it seems Ocean Master, Black Manta, Azrael, Captain Cold, Circe, Darkseid, Killer Frost, Gorilla Grodd, Ras Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Neron.

Now to begin the count off. I'll start with villains

Azrael/Ras Al Ghul: Probably only recently popular because of the appearance in Akham City (and because Ras is awesome) these characters as much as some people would like to see them probably have no chance of appearing. It does not help that both characters are batman characters and that there are already 6 characters from that already.

Poision Ivy: Confirmed to be stage transition only. Not playable.

Gorilla Grodd: If the game follows a pattern the Gorilla Grodd will also not be playable but merely a cameo. Although he makes an appearance in the comic the stage he is in seems to have him being arrested and so as to not make it conflicting when Grodd is in a stage with Grodd being arrested they likely have decided against making him a playable character. Then again Doomsday was also in a stage while another Doomsday was fighting the Joker so who knows. It was also mentioned that Doomsday is the biggest character and the quickest big character in the game which again lessens the likelihood of Grodd being in Injustice as more than a cameo considering superhuman agility is one of his strengths.

Darkseid: Appears as a stage transition and if it follows the pattern then this character will not be playable. With the current plot I also can't see any relevance to a Darkseid character.

Ocean Master/Black Manta: It definitely seems as if one of these characters is going to at least make an appearance in Injustice but as much as I would like Black Manta my bet is on Ocean Master. The leg seen in the trailer seems to fit the design more for Ocean Master rather than Black Manta. - +1 character

Circe: Since Ares seems to be getting revealed in the future many people would argue against Circe in the game but then again Circe is probably more likely a character inclusion than Killer Frost is but she also has a connection to Ares who people think is more or less confirmed to be in the game because of a helmet. +1/2

Killer Frost: I actually think that depending on how big the roster is that Killer Frost could easily replace Circe as a character but it is unlikely that they would have both of them. So either Killer Frost or Circe is probably going to be a character. +1/2

Captain Cold: This character all depends on whether or not Killer Frost is in the game. Personally I think Captain Cold has a higher chance of being in than Killer Frost for a number of reasons. The first being that Steve Blum was a guest celebrity on the Battle Arena and that Blum previously did the voice of Captain Cold in previous series. Depending on what version they went with he could be placed on either side. Assuming that the ice seen in the trailer was not an ice arrow from green arrow then either captain cold or killer frost are the most likely characters to be the cause of it. +1

Neron: This is an unlikely character but I think he could potentially fit with the plot being setup. I am unsure if the character will be playable or not but this character could explain some of the unknown plot points in Injustice. He's interacted with superheroes and supervillains countless times in the past and is able to enhance powers. Here's a list of all the characters Neron has interacted with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_Unleashed.

My bets for remaining villains would be on Captain Cold, Killer Frost/Circe, and Ocean Master/Black Manta. So 3 total out of 5 potentials. These may however simply be DLC characters. Depending on the story I think there could at least be a reference to Neron.

Now to go on with Heroes:

Firestorm: I honestly do think that this character will make it in the game at some point in time...admittedly if Killer Frost is in then I think Firestorm is also going to be in it but if she isn't then this character has a much slimmer but not impossible chance. The Mortal Kombat team does enjoy their pyromancers and although Firestorm is more of an alchemist flame users make for an interesting fighting style in fighting games. Either way he will be playable, cameo, or DLC although most of this depends on Killer Frost being in the game.

Lobo: This character is probably going to make it in the game but the only question remains whether it will be as DLC or in the launch release. I have to say that I think it will be as DLC or possibly as a hidden unlockable character as I don't see Lobo fitting into the actual story elements of this fighting game. However another possible hint to his inclusion is in a picture Boon tweeted with green arrow, aquaman, nightwing, and deathstroke...the deathstroke issue was number 10. +1 DLC

Black Canary: I think this character has little chance of making it in the game possibly as a DLC character but even then I'm doubtful. It's a shame really but a recent twitter post by Boon makes it unlikely that she or Lighting will be in the game. Boon: The question is: Canary, Lighting or Adam?
This response by Boon definitely makes it seem as if only one of the three is going to make it into the game and it seems as if we are getting Black Adam so my guess is that the other two have no chance.

Powergirl/Batgirl/Supergirl: Back in October 26th Boon posted a comment asking people following his twitter which of these "girls" should make it into Injustice. I'm not completely sure Boon would post this unless at least one of these three characters is in someway possibly as a cameo or a fighter. I don't think Batgirl is going to happen outside of possibly Batman speaking to the Oracle (depending on time frame of the game) or possibly seeing her as a cameo. People already think there are way too many batman characters as is...still not sure why Bane is included outside of TDKR. That leaves Powergirl and Supergirl. Frankly Supergirl likely doesn't stand a chance of making it because of Powergirl's fanbase so we are left with Powergirl...I wouldn't mind seeing more female characters but if the characters are simply going to be clones then do not want. Either way I think it is likely that Powergirl will be made a DLC character or maybe a costume Swap (although I've not seen any of these complete character swaps people keep talking about).

Zatanna: Considering the fanbase and the fact Boon has not denied or revealed her appearance outside of the fact he'd like Dr. Fate over her I think her chance although slim is definitely a possibility for a DLC character. However Dr. Fate is in the game possibly only as a cameo in the stage where he's in a time capsule but he is in the game so if Zatanna does not make it a full character in the game perhaps she will have a cameo.

Dr. Fate: Has a better chance to be in the game than Zatanna and is also a cameo in at least 1 stage possibly 2. However this cameo appearance may mean that there is no chance of him being a DLC character. One good thing going for him however is the fact that all characters who have previously appeared on screen in monitors have been confirmed playable. I personally don't see him as playable unless he becomes DLC. -DLC +1

Swamp Thing/Animal Man: I'm actually really doubtful on both of these characters maybe I just don't get it but neither of them seem like a character that would fit into the Injustice game. The hint has three comics, batwing, animal man, and swamp thing two pieces of reeses candy (Riddler) and a bunch of other stuff that could be hinting to just about everything. I myself am not a huge fan of either character but if I would have to guess I would think Swamp Thing would have one over Animal Man simply because his fighting style would be a bit more unique. Honestly though I'm hesitant if either of these characters will make it in.

Blue Beetle: If it weren't for the Lakes interview I would say there was no chance of this character appearing in Injustice and even then I'm doubtful that if he does appear if he will be playable or not. My guess is Swamp Thing or Animal Man have a better chance at making it in than this character. The cancellation of this series just makes it more likely...DC would probably wish for their newer series to have a character to try and boost their sales...so I don't think this character will be in outside of a cameo.

Katana: Like Neron is my dark horse for the villains Katana is my dark horse for the heroes. With the recent news that she is going to be in the newest batman cartoon series and with her own comic series starting in the New 52, plus with the fact she uses swords and would have a different play style from the other characters makes me think that this character has a chance at being in the game for that reason alone. She's also a member of the birds of prey and if Black Canary doesn't make it in I could potentially see her being in the game instead. I don't actually think she will make it in but I could see why they would put her in if they did.

Martian Manhunter: If not in the main game at release will definitely be a DLC character. No doubt in my mind. +1 DLC

So for the heroes DC could have one of either swamp thing/animal man/katana to try and push for a new character, Lobo/ and Martian Manhunter will likely be DLC only, which leaves one of either Powergirl/Black Canary/Zatanna as a character yet to be revealed main game or DLC.

So when it comes down to it. I see 3-4 villains still to be announced either main game or DLC and I see potentially 3-4 heroes to be announced with 2 likely for DLC. Comes down to 8 characters left to be predicted.

22 characters revealed
+ Ares
= 23 characters to be revealed
+ 1 (unknown female villain) (either Circe or Killer Frost is likely)
=24 (guaranteed amount of characters)

1 character reveal a week brings total characters to 28. Generally this close to release in order to keep interest in a game fighting game studios either release a character a week for the last month before release or they release two characters every other week till game release.

so thoughts?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So currently the roster count is 22 with all currently revealed characters (with the inclusion of Black Adam). With the recent reveal of Ares in the comics and the fact that his helmet is apparently available that brings us to 23 characters.

If the roster is to be kept at 24 then this means we have one more character left likely the other character from the achievement who could be male or female but who has been speculated to be female.

It has been mentioned that the 24 character roster that we have seen is a decoy but whether that meant it was hiding more characters in the newest one, that some characters required unlocking, some characters are DLC, or just that the characters are not placed in the correct location we do not know.

It has also been mentioned that the team behind this game was apparently a fan of the amount of characters in the initial Mortal Kombat roster (or possibly the full roster) so based on this we can assume there to be anywhere from 26-32 characters in the Injustice roster. Considering 4 characters for MK were DLC and one of them was a console exclusive then if they are doing a rough amount of the same amount of characters for Injustice then we have anywhere from 3-10 characters left to be revealed before all characters including DLC characters are revealed.

However it has also been mentioned that Keeping with theMortal Kombat theme, Adam also added...
This could mean that they will have more stages and characters in the game at launch, more DLC, etc...I'm going to assume characters however and so I'm going to predict the final roster at launch to be somewhere between 26-30. with anywhere from 32-34 characters for the final roster.

If they do the same amount of DLC characters for MK then the roster count is likely around 26-28 characters as was the initial character count for MK.

So this means that we could only have 1 more character to be revealed or this could mean that we have at least 3-5 more to be revealed

Since NRS has left plenty of indication to assume that it is will be more than 24 characters I'm going to base my predictions on a 26 character cap. and any predictions over that will be DLC characters.

NRS has also said that not all characters seen in the story will be playable however so keep that in mind too.

The Flash and ????? collectible fig from DC comics collectibles hints at an unknown foe bundled with Flash. Since both Doomsday and Raven were revealed and the image did not change to a recognizable character yet then we can either assume the character is Ares or perhaps a as of yet unknown villain.

For heroes outside of MMH the most commonly asked for ones seem to be Firestorm, Black Canary, Lobo, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Powergirl, Blue Beetle, Katana, and Doctor Fate.

For Villains it seems Ocean Master, Black Manta, Azrael, Captain Cold, Circe, Darkseid, Killer Frost, Gorilla Grodd, Ras Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Neron.

Azrael/Ras Al Ghul: Probably only recently popular because of the appearance in Akham City (and because Ras is awesome) these characters as much as some people would like to see them probably have no chance of appearing. It does not help that both characters are batman characters and that there are already 6 characters from that already.

Gorilla Grodd: If the game follows a pattern the Gorilla Grodd will also not be playable but merely a cameo. Although he makes an appearance in the comic the stage he is in seems to have him being arrested and so as to not make it conflicting when Grodd is in a stage with Grodd being arrested they likely have decided against making him a playable character. Then again Doomsday was also in a stage while another Doomsday was fighting the Joker so who knows. It was also mentioned that Doomsday is the biggest character and the quickest big character in the game which again lessens the likelihood of Grodd being in Injustice as more than a cameo considering superhuman agility is one of his strengths.

Darkseid: Appears as a stage transition and if it follows the pattern then this character will not be playable. With the current plot I also can't see any relevance to a Darkseid character.

Ocean Master/Black Manta: It definitely seems as if one of these characters is going to at least make an appearance in Injustice but as much as I would like Black Manta my bet is on Ocean Master. The leg seen in the trailer seems to fit the design more for Ocean Master rather than Black Manta. - +1 character

Circe: Since Ares seems to be getting revealed in the future many people would argue against Circe in the game but then again Circe is probably more likely a character inclusion than Killer Frost is but she also has a connection to Ares who people think is more or less confirmed to be in the game because of a helmet. +1/2

Killer Frost: I actually think that depending on how big the roster is that Killer Frost could easily replace Circe as a character but it is unlikely that they would have both of them. So either Killer Frost or Circe is probably going to be a character. +1/2

Captain Cold: This character all depends on whether or not Killer Frost is in the game. Personally I think Captain Cold has a higher chance of being in than Killer Frost for a number of reasons. The first being that Steve Blum was a guest celebrity on the Battle Arena and that Blum previously did the voice of Captain Cold in previous series. Depending on what version they went with he could be placed on either side. Assuming that the ice seen in the trailer was not an ice arrow from green arrow then either captain cold or killer frost are the most likely characters to be the cause of it. +1

Neron: This is an unlikely character but I think he could potentially fit with the plot being setup. I am unsure if the character will be playable or not but this character could explain some of the unknown plot points in Injustice. He's interacted with superheroes and supervillains countless times in the past and is able to enhance powers. Here's a list of all the characters Neron has interacted with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_Unleashed.

My bets for remaining villains would be on Captain Cold, Killer Frost/Circe, and Ocean Master/Black Manta. So 3 total out of 5 potentials. These may however simply be DLC characters. Depending on the story I think there could at least be a reference to Neron.

Firestorm: I honestly do think that this character will make it in the game at some point in time...admittedly if Killer Frost is in then I think Firestorm is also going to be in it but if she isn't then this character has a much slimmer but not impossible chance. The Mortal Kombat team does enjoy their pyromancers and although Firestorm is more of an alchemist flame users make for an interesting fighting style in fighting games. Either way he will be playable, cameo, or DLC although most of this depends on Killer Frost being in the game.

Lobo: This character is probably going to make it in the game but the only question remains whether it will be as DLC or in the launch release. I have to say that I think it will be as DLC or possibly as a hidden unlockable character as I don't see Lobo fitting into the actual story elements of this fighting game. However another possible hint to his inclusion is in a picture Boon tweeted with green arrow, aquaman, nightwing, and deathstroke...the deathstroke issue was number 10. +1 DLC

Black Canary: I think this character has little chance of making it in the game possibly as a DLC character but even then I'm doubtful. It's a shame really but a recent twitter post by Boon makes it unlikely that she or Lighting will be in the game. Boon: The question is: Canary, Lighting or Adam?
This response by Boon definitely makes it seem as if only one of the three is going to make it into the game and it seems as if we are getting Black Adam so my guess is that the other two have no chance.

Powergirl/Batgirl/Supergirl: Back in October 26th Boon posted a comment asking people following his twitter which of these "girls" should make it into Injustice. I'm not completely sure Boon would post this unless at least one of these three characters is in someway possibly as a cameo or a fighter. I don't think Batgirl is going to happen outside of possibly Batman speaking to the Oracle (depending on time frame of the game) or possibly seeing her as a cameo. People already think there are way too many batman characters as is...still not sure why Bane is included outside of TDKR. That leaves Powergirl and Supergirl. Frankly Supergirl likely doesn't stand a chance of making it because of Powergirl's fanbase so we are left with Powergirl...I wouldn't mind seeing more female characters but if the characters are simply going to be clones then do not want. Either way I think it is likely that Powergirl will be made a DLC character or maybe a costume Swap (although I've not seen any of these complete character swaps people keep talking about).

Zatanna: Considering the fanbase and the fact Boon has not denied or revealed her appearance outside of the fact he'd like Dr. Fate over her I think her chance although slim is definitely a possibility for a DLC character. However Dr. Fate is in the game possibly only as a cameo in the stage where he's in a time capsule but he is in the game so if Zatanna does not make it a full character in the game perhaps she will have a cameo.

Dr. Fate: Has a better chance to be in the game than Zatanna and is also a cameo in at least 1 stage possibly 2. However this cameo appearance may mean that there is no chance of him being a DLC character. One good thing going for him however is the fact that all characters who have previously appeared on screen in monitors have been confirmed playable. I personally don't see him as playable unless he becomes DLC. -DLC +1

Swamp Thing/Animal Man: I'm actually really doubtful on both of these characters maybe I just don't get it but neither of them seem like a character that would fit into the Injustice game. The hint has three comics, batwing, animal man, and swamp thing two pieces of reeses candy (Riddler) and a bunch of other stuff that could be hinting to just about everything. I myself am not a huge fan of either character but if I would have to guess I would think Swamp Thing would have one over Animal Man simply because his fighting style would be a bit more unique. Honestly though I'm hesitant if either of these characters will make it in.

Blue Beetle: If it weren't for the Lakes interview I would say there was no chance of this character appearing in Injustice and even then I'm doubtful that if he does appear if he will be playable or not. My guess is Swamp Thing or Animal Man have a better chance at making it in than this character. The cancellation of this series just makes it more likely...DC would probably wish for their newer series to have a character to try and boost their sales...so I don't think this character will be in outside of a cameo.

Katana: Like Neron is my dark horse for the villains Katana is my dark horse for the heroes. With the recent news that she is going to be in the newest batman cartoon series and with her own comic series starting in the New 52, plus with the fact she uses swords and would have a different play style from the other characters makes me think that this character has a chance at being in the game for that reason alone. She's also a member of the birds of prey and if Black Canary doesn't make it in I could potentially see her being in the game instead. I don't actually think she will make it in but I could see why they would put her in if they did.

Martian Manhunter: If not in the main game at release will definitely be a DLC character. No doubt in my mind. +1 DLC

So for the heroes DC could have one of either swamp thing/animal man/katana to try and push for a new character, Lobo/ and Martian Manhunter will likely be DLC only, which leaves one of either Powergirl/Black Canary/Zatanna as a character yet to be revealed main game or DLC.

So when it comes down to it. I see 3-4 villains still to be announced either main game or DLC and I see potentially 3-4 heroes to be announced with 2 likely for DLC. Comes down to 8 characters left to be predicted.

22 characters revealed
+ Ares

1 character reveal a week brings total characters to 28. Generally this close to release in order to keep interest in a game fighting game studios either release a character a week for the last month before release or they release two characters every other week till game release.

so thoughts?
I think MMH and lobo = 100% in game or dlcs , rest idk but I would love to see Scarecrow in game , sadly i dont think its possible :(

Vilén

too smart to play MKX

22 characters revealed
+ Ares

so thoughts?
This post's length in ratio to it's content made me legitimately furious.

Like, blind fucking rage.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
nice post i see the logic in everything you put, my only disagreements are killer frost and circe, i dont see either one making it unless thats frost in the achievement and if she's in Firestorm would be more than likely in but there have been no signs of him. but yeah great post