What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer How to Create Multiple Spells at Once - 100% Combos/Double Armour

From further testing, it seems like only the chip one overlaps the effects consistently. I had two armor ones up and liu kang's b1 (2 hits) stuffed it. And the two meter drain one seem to do just a little more than just one.
thats intresting so Double armor is just visual? have u tested it with a poke into a one hit special? And what about Double meterdrian?

thats intresting so Double armor is just visual? have u tested it with a poke into a one hit special? And what about Double meterdrian?
Double armor seems just visual. I broke it with one hit as soon as two were up. Second time I waited 5 seconds and broke it with 1 hit which was weird. And double meter drain does maybe 10-15% More than the regular.. If anything no effect.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
My favorite part about this is that to do it seems like something a quan would do willingly, put up a spell circle after the first one ends. Surprising there hasn't been a situation where this was done accidentally.

My favorite part about this is that to do it seems like something a quan would do willingly, put up a spell circle after the first one ends. Surprising there hasn't been a situation where this was done accidentally.
funny enough if tried to summon the bat right when it vanishes multiple times. I guess the huge ass startup of each spell is just too much risk to throw out an other in neutral.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
funny enough if tried to summon the bat right when it vanishes multiple times. I guess the huge ass startup of each spell is just too much risk to throw out an other in neutral.
Yeah but say they were full screen from eating a ex rune or airborne skull hit. Wouldn't a quan do the armor spell no matter what? I don't know of any fullscreen 2 hitting moves he'd have to worry about. I barely played quan week 1.

Yeah but say they were full screen from eating a ex rune or airborne skull hit. Wouldn't a quan do the armor spell no matter what? I don't know of any fullscreen 2 hitting moves he'd have to worry about. I barely played quan week 1.
he could but if the hex is already on he would use it till it vanishes that extra chip from fullscreen is kinda sweet. And as mustard said u gotta do it 2 seconds before Hex vanishes.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
he could but if the hex is already on he would use it till it vanishes that extra chip from fullscreen is kinda sweet. And as mustard said u gotta do it 2 seconds before Hex vanishes.
I was talking about doing hex first then, armor spell after hex vanishes. Didn't think about why a Quan player would input a hex spell if one is already up. That part would be that special mix of luck, mistakes, and good ol' fashioned fighting games.

I was talking about doing hex first then, armor spell after hex vanishes. Didn't think about why a Quan player would input a hex spell if one is already up. That part would be that special mix of luck, mistakes, and good ol' fashioned fighting games.
so was i , IF hex is up and opponent gets ex runed theres really no reason to input the armor cuz u get free rune check on wakeup with the extra chip And muscle memory reminds u that it wont come out until hex vanishes. And again while you have to :
After the Hex vanishes, summon the Armour Spell (DD3) about a second after the Hex disappears.

On the 8th second onwards, you can now summon a Hex Spell before the Armour Spell disappears. Summon a Hex spell while the armour is active.
That is to specific to happen accidentally

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
TECHNICALLY it's not guaranteed death if they take the uppercut, right? :eek:

all i wanna say is the double portals look really cool LOL
That Lui Kang/D'vorah tech.

so was i , IF hex is up and opponent gets ex runed theres really no reason to input the armor cuz u get free rune check on wakeup with the extra chip And muscle memory reminds u that it wont come out until hex vanishes. And again while you have to :

That is to specific to happen accidentally
Yeah that I can see why it didn't come up in play. Still think this is something that would've gone through thorough testing though. (so much ough)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hey guys,

The attached video is a demonstration of a new discovery made by Mustard and I's viewers during tonight's stream. After an hour and a half of experimentation, we finally got to the bottom of it.

Quan Chi is able to create multiple spells at the same time, meaning he can have either double of one spell, or one of each.

This also creates a side effect if you create two Hex Spells. Quan will receive a permanent buff to his chip damage, giving him a regular hex style chip at all times, regardless of whether he's got them under the hex or not. Put a hex underneath them and he does double chip. This gives him a legitimate 100% combo involving guaranteeing the chip after landing a combo.

This is done by doing the following setup:

How to reproduce:

Use Quan Chi's Hex spell (DD2) and wait for it to run out. This takes 10 seconds.

After the Hex vanishes, summon the Armour Spell (DD3) about a second after the Hex disappears.

On the 8th second onwards, you can now summon a Hex Spell before the Armour Spell disappears. Summon a Hex spell while the armour is active.

When the Armour disappears, you can now summon another spell while the Hex is active. This has created a second 10 second timer. From here you can juggle each spell and re-summon a new one.

You can loop this as long as you want to and select whatever spell fits the situation you find yourself in.

We thoroughly disagree that this couldn't be viable. You always find yourself in a situation where the opponent is either tranced or knocked down when a spell is about to finish, creating certain setups could absolutely make this a frequent thing if the Quan player is paying attention to what's going on.

Should it be hotfixed? Absolutely.

Watch until the end for the ridiculous chip damage stacks.

Cheers!

- K&M
Godlike.