What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer How to Create Multiple Spells at Once - 100% Combos/Double Armour

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys, the attached video is a demonstration of a new discovery made by Mustard and I's viewers during tonight's stream. After an hour and a half of experimentation, we finally got to the bottom of it. Quan Chi is able to create multiple spells at the same time, meaning he can have either double of one spell, or one of each.

This also creates a side effect if you create two Hex Spells. Quan will receive a permanent buff to his chip damage, giving him a regular hex style chip at all times, regardless of whether he's got them under the hex or not. Put a hex underneath them and he does double chip. This gives him a legitimate 100% combo involving guaranteeing the chip after landing a combo.

This is done by doing the following setup:

How to reproduce:

Use Quan Chi's Hex spell (DD2) and wait for it to run out. This takes 10 seconds.

After the Hex vanishes, summon the Armour Spell (DD3) about a second after the Hex disappears.

On the 8th second onwards, you can now summon a Hex Spell before the Armour Spell disappears. Summon a Hex spell while the armour is active.

When the Armour disappears, you can now summon another spell while the Hex is active. This has created a second 10 second timer. From here you can juggle each spell and re-summon a new one.

You can loop this as long as you want to and select whatever spell fits the situation you find yourself in.

We thoroughly disagree that this couldn't be viable. You always find yourself in a situation where the opponent is either tranced or knocked down when a spell is about to finish, creating certain setups could absolutely make this a frequent thing if the Quan player is paying attention to what's going on.

Should it be hotfixed? Absolutely.

Watch until the end for the ridiculous chip damage stacks.

Cheers!

- K&M

Update!!
This works online too.

Attachments

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
You probably get slammed on twitter so will repost what I was asking... Does it always have to be Hex first? Can it not be armour, wait, hex, count 8 seconds then summon armour to get the two timers setup?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
You probably get slammed on twitter so will repost what I was asking... Does it always have to be Hex first? Can it not be armour, wait, hex, count 8 seconds then summon armour to get the two timers setup?
It seemed to always come from a Hex after the Armour Spell.

You need to start the sequence off with a Hex first though.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I saw the AI do this as well - thought it was a known thing. Thought most Quan Chi guys were hooked on the bat vortex.

People keep saying this isn't viable and that's stupid to me. The problem at first is going to be keeping a 10 second timer in your head all the time. You must not play sorcerer Quan if you think this isn't a practical thing as it's a big deal.

Put it this way, full screen how easy is it to summon a hex? After a trance it's guranteed. Bam step one is done. Getting an armor spell up after? Hmm, trance.. 141, rune.... All those equal guess what? Armor protal.

The problem starts then as your timing has to be spot on but once you really get into it it will be practical, but will obviously be fixed first.

You have 50/50s with a hit of armor if they rush, you have full screen zoning. People have to respect your armor and in some situations they will stay full screen and guess what? A trance at the 8 seconds, rune, hard knock down all equal guess what.. Double portals.

You gonna get it every time? No but this is definitely practical and can definitely be used. Hell. In a corner I usually end up having to waste te last two seconds of a combo to be able to bring up another portal but guess what? Instead I can start up double and you are fucked.

Stop saying it isn't practical, because it is.