What's new

How strictly should TO's enforce tournament rules? And Jim's version of events from Frosty Faustings

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
people will be happier once they realize that every fighting game is fucked up and stupid

maybe then all this elitism can end
Competition in top level Street Fighter is way more dense than it is in NRS games because the entire world plays Street Fighter, making it a harder game to compete in, all other things aside.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
people will be happier once they realize that every fighting game is fucked up and stupid

maybe then all this elitism can end

Yes. Absolutely yes. All games have messed up shit. Well said good sir.

Also, I don't understand why as a community we can't just come up with a standard set of rules for this crap. If they are standardized, then there are no more problems. They are what they are.

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Also, I don't understand why as a community we can't just come up with a standard set of rules for this crap. If they are standardized, then there are no more problems. They are what they are.
I'm all for a community wide standardized stage select. That is an excellent idea. Personally I feel like it makes the Injustice community look divided and I'm all for unification.

Pausing mid match is the same for every game in the FGC....you take the loss. There's really nothing to discuss there.

In regards to general rule enforcement it is the responsibilty of the TO to set them in stone, up front before the event. The TO should also make these rules clear to every individual running brackets and stand behind that person when enforcing rules. When a rule is broken, either intentionally or by accident, there's no call to be made. Rules are rules. Stick to the script. Obviously the TO can't spectate every match so there is some responsibility that falls to the players to notifiy event staff if a rule has been broken. The player by no means should feel bad about that. We are a community after all so we all need to play our part and work together.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Or you know, we could just turn off interactables and not have this problem.

Atlantis actually fucks up Doomsday's gameplan completely by giving the person in the corner a free escape on both sides. It's not balanced.
That's actually not true at all. You can just MB B3 through the water then 123 123 d1xxsupernova. You lose like 10% and your opponent loses 30% and you keep them in the corner.

I wish someone would have come and asked me/max we would have decided right then and there. Also the reason you probably played PL first round is because he entered the tournament late. I was not in charge of creating the brackets for the tournament however I just collected the entry fees.

Other than that I hope everyone who came to the tournament had fun. The top 8 seemed really hype from my vantage point at the reg table =P

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
That's actually not true at all. You can just MB B3 through the water then 123 123 d1xxsupernova. You lose like 10% and your opponent loses 30% and you keep them in the corner.
It's the threat of it that fucks Doomsday over. His entire gameplan relies on the corner. You want me to read that he's going to do it and give up all my momentum with a character that only does 12-25% per touch? If I guess wrong he has time to regain his composure and escape the corner, if I guess right I trade 10% for 30% and won't get a set up worth shit after supernova, you'd have to end in ES to get a follow up, so less damage. It's not a good situation for him, or anyone that relies on corner pressure for damage. Specially against a character like Batman where one wrong guess as Doomsday loses you the entire match up.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
hmm...Maybe it was PL's ploy all along!! to unsettle your mind with his unusual actions so that he could take the next matches easy!!!

Playin ta win bruh!! :cool:

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I wish someone would have come and asked me/max we would have decided right then and there. Also the reason you probably played PL first round is because he entered the tournament late. I was not in charge of creating the brackets for the tournament however I just collected the entry fees.

Other than that I hope everyone who came to the tournament had fun. The top 8 seemed really hype from my vantage point at the reg table =P
Flying V was made aware very quickly. I don't think he handled it wrong, I'm just saying going forward I think TOs should be the ones to decide instead of putting the player on the spot. I used myself as an example but I've always felt this way.

As for having PL as my opponent first round I don't actually think that is a problem with the bracket. I'm not one of Chicago's top players and he is from out of town anyway. Someone has to play him first round. My point in telling that was more to state my mental state/the history of the matches. Overall I did have a great time. I think the tournament was run well and Game Pazzo was a great venue, especially compared to Nickel City. The only problem any of us mentioned was there was no room for more setups for either casuals or to speed along the tournament.

trufenix

bye felicia
Competition in top level Street Fighter is way more dense than it is in NRS games because the entire world plays Street Fighter, making it a harder game to compete in, all other things aside.
actually the inverse is true. More players = better opportunity to level up. Less players = more opportunity to get mercilessly scraped.

also; holy shit did my joke get taken too far.