What's new

How strictly should TO's enforce tournament rules? And Jim's version of events from Frosty Faustings

Perfect Legend

You missed the point entirely.
I did? Oh...

I think I saw PL, do that shit twice with the stage select. With cowboy and with max. Such BS. We all know he is a good player, but he seems shady as fuck sometimes.
My questionable rule-breaking issue with PL at Frosty Faustings:

Loser's Final
Stage rules are double random 50/50.

After PL's and my button check we are at the character select screen (Themiscara in the background as one of our 50/50 stages). PL backs out to the main menu as if it was an accident while we were about to pick our characters. He goes back to versus and selects his character. New background stage is Arkam/Joker's Asylum.

I didn't say anything because there was a lot on my mind being in top 3 trying not to lose my cool etc.

But does that mean that people can "accidentally" back out to the main menu once the first 50/50 stage is shown? How many times can we "accidentally" back out? Until we see a stage we like?

This has changed my opinion of PL.[/quote

Yeah, it might be some mind trick shenanigans to throw you off your game before the match. But as far as I know, that breaks the rules. Or at least it should.
Wouldn't he have noticed his controller was vibrating during the button check?
It's a tricky issue. I can see both sides of it.. The other side is that if you have a really intense match between both players, and someone really does accidentally pause the match, that it's possible that neither player wants a DQ and the players would be happiest just playing it out (this seems to happen at least once at every tournament). But it's still one player's right to have the choice to accept the DQ. So that's why the TOs give them the option.

What happened to you sounds like it's pretty scummy, and I sympathize with you. But I still think it's better in the long run for the guys playing to have the choice; and you have to be prepared to man up, make the call, and stand on it.
To answer the vibration question: You don't notice until you get hit or block something and that really ruins my timing.

Also as far as "not being able to regain composure" Think about how I felt when I gave away the entire match. He should capitalize on my anger instead of making excuses. Get out of here. If this were opposite I would be getting creamed for being an asshole who took the match. He basically got a spotted a game he should be thanking me.

Instead he comes on test your might for a sympathy session.

zaf

professor
What about the constant backing in and out of the stage select to ( what seems like) get a beneficial stage?

What about the constant backing in and out of the stage select to ( what seems like) get a beneficial stage?
I would pick a character then renig my decision to use that char and want more time to think about my strategy before the match started. I didn't care for the stage they could select a preset stage for all I care.

I think there should be preset neutral stages anyway so we can stop all this bullshit. People keep talking about "oh well the stage in the background is the stage" I thought everyone stopped doing that and the stage is just double random.

Also do you really think Batman vs Flash the stage mattered? Or Superman vs Bane? lolololol

I don't care for the stage I have strats for every stage.

Maxintensity your bane is awesome and i'm a belgian follower of all tournaments of injustice and mk.
But dude you got bodied with a capital B by Perfectlegend s Superman.
No stage would have shaved you there man . Outzoned. PL outplayed you big.
Nothing personal you gave woundcowboy a the best opposition!

The point is that GGA, in particular 16 Bit, are disrespectful to outside players with their pop offs and post-tournament remarks. Both Perfect Legend and Wound Cowboy are owed an apology on the next episode of KTP.
I'd like to get on the next Kryptonite Podcast unless its over lets do our own. I was supposed to be on KTP but because I didn't want to be up at UNGODLY HOURS and go to sleep they say I was a no show. Sorry for not staying up hella late when I waited and called/messaged 16bit/slips and they never hit me back. So I won't go on the show.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'd like to get on the next Kryptonite Podcast unless its over lets do our own. I was supposed to be on KTP but because I didn't want to be up at UNGODLY HOURS and go to sleep they say I was a no show. Sorry for not staying up hella late when I waited and called/messaged 16bit/slips and they never hit me back. So I won't go on the show.
Matt and I are working on a new project - The Phantom Zone Broadcast. I will text you when we do the show, so you can share your side of the story.

Maxintensity your bane is awesome and i'm a belgian follower of all tournaments of injustice and mk.
But dude you got bodied with a capital B by Perfectlegend s Superman.
No stage would have shaved you there man . Outzoned. PL outplayed you big.
Nothing personal you gave woundcowboy a the best opposition!

This!

Noooo he wasn't readyyy

Sami

Noob
Just going to comment on the legitimate TO/rules issues brought up in this thread.

1) Players are not judges. They pay their entry fee to play the game, not run the tourney. ALL disqualification issues should be down to the TO.
2) If the TO is a "nice guy" and doesn't want to judgement calls like that ("did he really mean it?", "would it have affected the match?", etc), then codify them in the tourney rules so there is no call to make. If player A does B, then C happens. No questions, no debates. TO still enforces the rules but he has the "nice guy" get out clause of "I'm just doing my job". This way everyone knows where they stand.
3) If what PL says is true about different scenes having different rules then we need a universal set of rules that all tourneys can use. Means all players know where they stand whether they're local or travelling. Also means that TOs and their helpers don't have the hassle of trying to work out what they thing is fair for the rules. 1 set, everyone follows it, no problem.

Injustice is pretty close to a unified ruleset. It seems the "double random" thing is mostly in people's minds (difference in interpretation) and AFAIK all tourneys have switched to the 360 now. Just need one final set of rules ready for 2014.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Another note: Jim your prep talk or whatever with 16bit that sounds good and all but if you really feel like you would have won we can run back the match up for $$. Same with Emperor Max.

Shout outs to Jim for giving his life story so people will sympathize with him lol.
What does giving background have to do with sympathy. My point was the mindset of everything leading to a match and this one in particular. If you learn someone's story you automatically sympathize with them?

I'm not saying I would beat you in a money match, I'm not even saying I would have won those matches. I didn't post this to call you out.

I'm also being called a scumbag by both.
Point to where I said anything about you being a scumbag? I'm not a dick to people.

Also as far as "not being able to regain composure" Think about how I felt when I gave away the entire match. He should capitalize on my anger instead of making excuses. Get out of here. If this were opposite I would be getting creamed for being an asshole who took the match. He basically got a spotted a game he should be thanking me.
Not being able to regain composure when something happens is my own fault as a player. You stopping a match instead of waiting until it was over because it was your own mistake that caused this. You told me later you didn't know there was an in game option to turn off vibration. Too bad, you don't want to play with vibration figure it out when you sit at a game. And if you realize you forgot it is your fault.

Should've said something at the tournament I would've gladly ran the matches back
I did talk to you at the tournament. I asked you directly if the situation was reversed would you have taken the match. You couldn't even keep a straight face when you tried to claim you wouldn't have taken the win.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
rules should be strictly enforced. if you pause the game or your controller is causing the match to pause, its a dick and you lose the round. you should'nt have paused that shit and you need to make sure your equipment is working. if it happens once, MarkMan is somewhere in the venue and can probably hel you out. stage rules ABSOLUTELY MUST be enforced since they can sway the matchup so heavily. i think its mega bullshit in a game like injustice, where stages matter so much, that there is no straight up, 100% random. double random is the best we can do at this point to ensure that every single time a DS players gets to the setups that they will play on ferris and all black adam players will pick rooftop and so on.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
For the record AK Pig Of The Hut I was always on AK Glass_Sword's side on taking that match. In fact I wish I'd taken it as a lesson and just immediately said I'd take the match and showed Perfect Legend where to change the vibration in game. Perfect Legend is right in what he said above, I should have taken it as a free win and felt calmer, instead I let it frustrate me as to why the hell he did that in the first place. Lesson learned.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

LOL you're a piece of work. We set up a time, you were fine with it, then no showed. We were both texting you all night. We stayed up waiting and waiting.

And you've been asking to be on since. You were asking literally days ago. Get out of here with "so I won't go back" like you are snubbing us.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
The point is that GGA, in particular 16 Bit, are disrespectful to outside players with their pop offs and post-tournament remarks. Both Perfect Legend and Wound Cowboy are
The point is that GGA, in particular 16 Bit, are disrespectful to outside players with their pop offs and post-tournament remarks. Both Perfect Legend and Wound Cowboy are owed an apology on the next episode of KTP.

Thank god you posted this. I was wondering if the responses in this thread would get any dumber. As usual, you did not disappoint.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce

You made this post about "ungodly hours" at 3:42 in the morning...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
if you button check and don't get hit...... then no. It has happened to me as well.

I can't believe there is even debate. This has been a rule since I can't remember when. People just try to weasel out of it by calling the others "manhood" into question
God, you you are such a pussy :p

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Thank god you posted this. I was wondering if the responses in this thread would get any dumber. As usual, you did not disappoint.
I was watching that Wound Cowboy vs. 16 Bit team tournament, and after 16 Bit beat Wound Cowboy, he celebrated as though he won an Evolution or MLG event, which was completely unprofessional.

And now in this thread Perfect Legend is being accused of cheating.