What's new

Question - Reptile How do you stop Reptile?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I've only played online Reptiles and I've wondered this same question. Seems like d3 into his mid/oh string is gonna happen regardless. Plus, it eats up my armor attacks. I will say losing to a Reptile the other day made me look into him. I wonder how much of that I can get away with offline?

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Online destroys gameplay, I dno why I go into ESL with that mentality (ok the guy i'm gna play is gna have a good connection)

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
true but i you're kinda acting like plus 6 doesn't mean shit
No, I'm just being realistic about it. If someone's having trouble with that pressure then it's a matter of breaking down what each of your options are. If you have multiple options to get out of a situation it's not that big a deal. You need to make reads in MKX, quite simply. You don't deserve an easy way out of everything.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I dot get why people are saying try to zone a character who with 1 bar can literally punish almost every single projectile in the game, from literally the furthest part of full screen, on REACTION (except for Predators high plasma which he has to be slightly closer to punish). This doesn't strike me as something that will end up well. Am I missing something?

No, I'm just being realistic about it. If someone's having trouble with that pressure then it's a matter of breaking down what each of your options are. If you have multiple options to get out of a situation it's not that big a deal. You need to make reads in MKX, quite simply. You don't deserve an easy way out of everything.
Wtf? When did I say any of that? I'm not saying there should be an easy way out of it at all, Reptile is very cool and works the way he is and I'm starting to pick him up in my spare time, and I know there is options to get out of his F2 pressure and even if there wasn't he'd be fine IMO, it's a spending a meter just to press a 50/50 that may not even go through. But of course there is other options to get out of it anyway on the right read, all I'm saying is he can get a mix up on block off a move almost identical to Cassies B1, as such he strikes me as a risky character to try and outspace in the neutral lol. I swear people get WAY too defensive on here when you say something good about a character.

Now, something I'd like to ask Reptile mains: where does he get the majority of his meter building? What are the best ways to build meter with this character and what is the best way to deny it from him, if any? Is it mostly just staggers? Which strings mostly, anything other than F412 ? If so, when? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Now, something I'd like to ask Reptile mains: where does he get the majority of his meter building? What are the best ways to build meter with this character and what is the best way to deny it from him, if any? Is it mostly just staggers? Which strings mostly, anything other than F412 ? If so, when? Thanks in advance
Klaw Swipe after F412 on block is how I get most of my meter.

haketh

Noob
F412xClaw because it's one of the safer cancels into it, IIRC theirs no gap let me find the list of gaps.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
An A list main shouln't lose to Reptile cause he is so good. If you ask me Cage and Reptile both are top tiers. Just about playing right I guess.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
What is it that's bothering u in the MU? Do you know what to punish? When to stop his pressure? His FTs? How to stop invisibility pressure ?
I labbed Rep out a bit more Pig. He's still safe on things I don't think he should be but more of hiis EX moves aren't. Turns out it's just online that makes him hard for me to punish. But does he have any gaps in strings? What do I do when a reptile d3s me like 3 times and gets away with it?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I labbed Rep out a bit more Pig. He's still safe on things I don't think he should be but more of hiis EX moves aren't. Turns out it's just online that makes him hard for me to punish. But does he have any gaps in strings? What do I do when a reptile d3s me like 3 times and gets away with it?

Have you labbed how to punish b34 for free?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I dot get why people are saying try to zone a character who with 1 bar can literally punish almost every single projectile in the game, from literally the furthest part of full screen, on REACTION (except for Predators high plasma which he has to be slightly closer to punish). This doesn't strike me as something that will end up well. Am I missing something?

Wtf? When did I say any of that? I'm not saying there should be an easy way out of it at all, Reptile is very cool and works the way he is and I'm starting to pick him up in my spare time, and I know there is options to get out of his F2 pressure and even if there wasn't he'd be fine IMO, it's a spending a meter just to press a 50/50 that may not even go through. But of course there is other options to get out of it anyway on the right read, all I'm saying is he can get a mix up on block off a move almost identical to Cassies B1, as such he strikes me as a risky character to try and outspace in the neutral lol. I swear people get WAY too defensive on here when you say something good about a character.

FFS man I'm not replying to you. I think I'm gonna do a @Pig Of The Hut. I'm getting tired of reading your posts.

Levaranoia

War God
Have some of you guys ever thought to realize that you're not that good and that problem is in you and not the character? Reptile is good but some of yall are making it out to be god tier when he's far from it. You young guys post a top of misinformation before exploring all of your options and it is super annoying. Also stop using online as some type of measuring sticks for characters.