What's new

Question - Reptile How do you stop Reptile?

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
I've played a friend who uses Reptile. In my opinion he's top tier. He's got everything. Good damage. Amazing pokes. Mix ups. EVERYTHING. How do you stop a character that is safe on everything but his dash? He's got great armor. He seems a bit extreme. What are his bad match ups? What or who destroys him? Leave your comments below and any advice is appreciated. I use Liu Kang Dragons Fire and A-List. I don't think Cage does well with Reptile. Liu Kang for me gets beaten by Reptiles SAFE ARMORED moves. And he loses the air game.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've played a friend who uses Reptile. In my opinion he's top tier. He's got everything. Good damage. Amazing pokes. Mix ups. EVERYTHING. How do you stop a character that is safe on everything but his dash? He's got great armor. He seems a bit extreme. What are his bad match ups? What or who destroys him? Leave your comments below and any advice is appreciated.
Bad MUs

Shinnok
Sub
Lao
Tremor
Kang

Probably even w
Quan (reptile might win MU)
Dvorah
Predator
Jax

What if your char has bad zoning? and not so great spacing tools.
What do you do up close?
This char has overhead and lows(needs meter to get a combo except from nimble). How do you block him? Just guess like other 50/50 chars or start out blocking the overhead?
I have "labbed" this char, I know what I can punish, I know his frames but I just have issues beating any reptile.
Btw I main dualist Kang.
My fastest poke is 9 frames, sometimes lose to reptiles mashing that awesome d3.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
What if your char has bad zoning? and not so great spacing tools.
What do you do up close?
This char has overhead and lows(needs meter to get a combo except from nimble). How do you block him? Just guess like other 50/50 chars or start out blocking the overhead?
I have "labbed" this char, I know what I can punish, I know his frames but I just have issues beating any reptile.
Btw I main dualist Kang.
My fastest poke is 9 frames, sometimes lose to reptiles mashing that awesome d3.
You play xbox? Whats your GT?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
maybe reptile got everything but nothing top. U just need to play better zonning and footsies, be more reactif on his mixups, u risk get some small damage if he continue but if he stops ure risky early punish can put him a hard situation. U need more xp and good mind game to prevent his armor claw after his unsafe mixups and block it because his EX claw and EX overhead are both punishable

ClubSubZero

When's Marvel?
Sub Zero doesn't out zone reptile I feel, it's equal. Maybe it's because I only played online reptiles, but I seem to struggle with reptile abit. Ice clone or any of my zoning tools get blown up by force ball followed by spit (btw he has time to block if I do any option full screen or he does any option full screen.) Then all it takes is one hit from the spit/forceball and he's chasing in for the f4,2/ f4 slide gimmicks.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Can people stop with this misinfo about Reptile having something on the level of Cassie B1? F21 is good but nowhere near Cassie B124
Why, it hits the same range, has a better hitbox, and is just 1 frame slower, what exactly is the big difference here. If you are going to call something out for being wrong, at least attach an explanation as to why, so that people might learn from it.

haketh

Noob
Why, it hits the same range, has a better hitbox, and is just 1 frame slower, what exactly is the big difference here. If you are going to call something out for being wrong, at least attach an explanation as to why, so that people might learn from it.
The frames & his ability to convert off of it are much worse than Cassie B124. Reptile does have one thing over it, making it Plus with no gap with a EX Invis cancel but if Cassie can get out the 4 with no worry she's good no matter what & very few can punish it if she just does B12 *rep is one of the few*. And that one frame is a pretty big deal for footsies, whiff punishment ETC. I love the shit out of F21 but people are putting it on a God tier level.

I GOT HANDS

The frames & his ability to convert off of it are much worse than Cassie B124. Reptile does have one thing over it, making it Plus with no gap with a EX Invis cancel but if Cassie can get out the 4 with no worry she's good no matter what & very few can punish it if she just does B12 *rep is one of the few*. And that one frame is a pretty big deal for footsies, whiff punishment ETC. I love the shit out of F21 but people are putting it on a God tier level.
Cool, I didn't say anything about how punishable it was or what he gets off it, all I said was that he gets a 50/50 off a move the same as Cassie B1, I didn't once mention anything about F21 being B124. So where exactly is the misinformation in MY post again, other than Cassies B1 being a single frame faster (lol)?

haketh

Noob
Cool, I didn't say anything about how punishable it was or what he gets off it, all I said was that he gets a 50/50 off a move the same as Cassie B1, I didn't once mention anything about F21 being B124. So where exactly is the misinformation in MY post again, other than Cassies B1 being a single frame faster (lol)?
You were basically saying how hard it is to space a character with a 50/50 that has Cassie B1, that statement isn't true at all come on now & totally useless.

I GOT HANDS

You were basically saying how hard it is to space a character with a 50/50 that has Cassie B1, that statement isn't true at all come on now & totally useless.
I feel like we've gone full circle, so I'll ask again, can you please explain this statement at all? Why isn't his F2 alone practically the same Cassies B1 alone, outside of 1 frame of start up? Why doesn't he get a 50/50 off it? I just don't understand what you are saying here at all :|

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I feel like we've gone full circle, so I'll ask again, can you please explain this statement at all? Why isn't his F2 alone practically the same Cassies B1 alone, outside of 1 frame of start up? Why doesn't he get a 50/50 off it? I just don't understand what you are saying here at all :|
How does he get a 50/50 off of f21? On hit and block he doesn't have enough advantage to guarantee either option.