What's new

How did you get your nickname?

From the one and only Christopher Duncan Turk, aka Super Chocolate Bear, Chocolate Bear, Brown Bear, Turkleton, and on occasion Ghandi.

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
how i got my nickname

short version :
favorite you know what ;)
always wanted to be a doctor without learning :D

long version :
in 1995 a friend a i made bubbling music tapes for our pleasure not a pro dj or something and needed a name. it became doggystyle (dj doggy & dj style)
later i went solo as dj bryan but everybody remembered me as Dj doggy
i still wanted to be a doctor so it became Dr Doggy and i added style to it
Since 1998 i have been using it everywhere and since 2010 (thanks to TYM & staff members) i became also known in the MK community due to my tiny MK Kollection ;)

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Compared to all these stories, mine seems suckish.

Basically, I write. And RebelzPlague is the name a character who isn't actually in a story, so he just floats around until I come up with an idea of where to write him into.

Pretty boring, huh?

King

Sig Maker
OK; this might come as a shock to some people (or not.)

I'm 18 and I have a very immature sense of humor - I especially like sexual humor. Like if you just made a joke that doesn't even make sense and just added the word "titties" in there, I'll probably laugh. :bigsmile: Anyways, back when I first got XBL, I always made raunchy GTs (in no particular order: HUGE BoNKeRs, DiXy NoRMouS, II PIMP3R II, Hop Off My Bone.) I never paid for any of the name changes though since XBL eventually got enough complaints about the GTs and forced me to change them. However, 2 years ago, I got tired of being looked at as an asshole on XBL and decided to settle for a GT that was fairly inconspicuous. I tried having King of NYC as my gamertag (my nickname in Arabic is "Captain" but Captain NYC sounded stupid so I settled for King and I'm from NYC). However, that GT was taken and I just added the x's to get around that.

My TYM user name is just King taken from my GT.

My PSN name is just Sub Zero's (my favorite MK ninja) nickname hyphenated.

Loot

the special effects
Blackwing Lair Horde

Rolled Orc Warrior, Belf Pally, and Orc DK.

And to further elaborate on Loot, I was one of the most infamous trolls on BWL. I was pretty much THE shit talker of the server, but I backed it up as I was in one of the top guilds (on server and 500 ins US), constantly trolling trade with "I'm leaving town soon, last person to link [Magic Rooster Egg] gets it!". Worked every time, trade chat would get destroyed and I'd have GMs constantly warning me to stop. During ICC me and the other guildies had macros bound to saying "CONQUEST HAS ENORMOUS DUCKS" followed by an ASCII dick. When pugging raids I'd kick people that didn't have Glory of the X Raider achievements just to one up all the douchers that liked to use the "LFM X Raid, must link X Raid achievement!"

After all these shenanigans of mine (which peaked at when I faction xfer'd ally and started camping shitties form other guilds before going back to Horde) people started referring to me as Tool (which is Loot backwards), so that was even more of a reason to keep Loot as my name.

Prior to Loot I used knox as I was born in Knoxville.
Just to add on to other nicks:

curly mustache (Steam): Magneto obviously
curled mustache (XBL): ^
Harry Tasker (Battlefield): Arnold's character from True Lies

LoneCenturion: Doctor Who reference. And I have a huge crush on Arthur Darvill. 1+1=name

Magic Lawnmower: I asked my friends what the most ridiculous combination of two words would be for a gamertag. This was the final result.

Xaldien: My name, anagramed, with an X at the front. I was 15. I thought it was cool.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Because the atrocity that is the destruction of knowledge seemed like it would be a cool gamertag.

I mean you're talking to a guy that used to be Jolly Doctor (For no reason)

And Magic Bullets

I mostly just put two words together. But they work out.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Because the atrocity that is the destruction of knowledge seemed like it would be a cool gamertag.

I mean you're talking to a guy that used to be Jolly Doctor (For no reason)

And Magic Bullets

I mostly just put two words together. But they work out.
Another word aversion fan! I don't feel alone anymore.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Where's Konqrr and Sabin and Pig of the Hut and Snips and Aris and Perfect Legend and REO and etc? I would love to know ur origin stories!

I'm horrible with names, I remember sitting there for a long time just trying to think of a psn name. I thought, "If I'm gonna use PSN it's obviously for online, and if I'm gonna play online with people I'd like for them to think I'm a friendly guy." So I came up with Playpal. Apparently some douche already took the name so I tried thinking of a number. Of course, I thought of 69, but I didn't want to seem like a perv so I put 67 instead. Some extra stuff can be inferred from my sig.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I feel all lame n shit. Lol every one of my friends, and their families included, know me as spider. The spider part is just from myself enjoying parkour. I enjoyed running up stuff and scaling buildings n shit. Sooooo ya, heh my nickname is the name that i go by in my daily life, and how anyone that I know addresses me. As for the J in my name, it meens jew. Lol, even though im barely even a jew ( dont follow the religion at all ) I didnt give myself the name, my friend who at the time was very sick and drugged up on morphine did XD
Spiderman ? No, Spiderjew. lolololol

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I'm horrible with names, I remember sitting there for a long time just trying to think of a psn name. I thought, "If I'm gonna use PSN it's obviously for online, and if I'm gonna play online with people I'd like for them to think I'm a friendly guy." So I came up with Playpal. Apparently some douche already took the name so I tried thinking of a number. Of course, I thought of 69, but I didn't want to seem like a perv so I put 67 instead. Some extra stuff can be inferred from my sig.
No offense but Playpal sounds like Penpal. Pedobear movements

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I'm called spongebob on this forum and 8wayrun.com because I used to fucking love spongebob. It was the greatest cartoon ever up till past season 3.
Also it's usually taken on many popular forums so its always the username I attempt to get first.

My first psn name was something stupid like dogpoo777 at the time I was new to online gaming in general and just made a nickname in about 2 seconds. I then felt it sounded retarded and changed it into something ridiculously unoriginal like A-N-D-Y-0-7.

In cod4 I changed it to YUR_GRANDMA which was hilarious because it would either say you killed YUR_GRANDMA or you were killed by YUR_GRANDMA and it sometimes got a few laughs in the lobby. Some of my friends did the same and we had a big family clan going around lol.

Toksik Shok is actually short for my full name Toksik Shok Sin Drone.
At a earlier time in my life i was a drum and bass dj/producer and after one of my sets someone asked me, whats your name? Toxic was the first thing that popped out of my mouth, but i soon realized, after seeing it on a couple fliers, that Toxic is cool but was not distinguishable so i changed it to Toksik, which i went by for a few years. after talking to my ex about the importance of changing tampons on a regular basis, we got on the topic of toxic shock syndrome. at which point i had a "a-ha moment". Toksik was cool but it would be 20x cooler referring to a wicked vagina disease and so toksik shok sin drone was born. since then i try to shorten it only for my own sake of not having to type out the whole friggin thing.

King

Sig Maker
At a earlier time in my life i was a drum and bass dj/producer and after one of my sets someone asked me, whats your name? Toxic was the first thing that popped out of my mouth, but i soon realized, after seeing it on a couple fliers, that Toxic is cool but was not distinguishable so i changed it to Toksik, which i went by for a few years. after talking to my ex about the importance of changing tampons on a regular basis, we got on the topic of toxic shock syndrome. at which point i had a "a-ha moment". Toksik was cool but it would be 20x cooler referring to a wicked vagina disease and so toksik shok sin drone was born. since then i try to shorten it only for my own sake of not having to type out the whole friggin thing.
:wow:

:wow:

Damn, who would have gueesed?

I thought you just pimped out the spelling of "Toxic Shock." Never knew it had to do with tampons :wow:

Way back at the dawn of time when I was working my way through college, I worked for Longs Drugs. One thing I did which ended up being a rite of passage for new employees is I would crank call the store to ask embarrassing questions. I have a talent for impressions and accents so no one ever discovered it was me unless I told them afterward. One night a few of us were in the warehouse and a new guy was on the register. I get out my cell phone and call the store number. "Thank you for calling Longs Drugs, this is Jordan, how may I help you?" My regular speaking voice is low and kind of monotone so I raise the pitch an octave or two and say in my best Brooklyn accent, "Heeey, what's up there chief? I gotta question for youse. How many magnum sized condoms you got on the shelf right now?" I had to cup the phone in my hand to keep him from hearing the other guys laughing.

Jordan sort of laughs uncomfortably and puts me on hold. Sure enough, the page goes out: "Customer service call on line one please for... for... OTC products." One of the shift managers picks up. "Hey, how ya doing pal? I think I made that kid on the register feel weird so maybe you can help a guy out. How many magnum sized condoms you got?" He puts me on hold, comes back, and says we have three boxes out on the shelf. "Hey, dat's great! Listen, could you put one on hold for me? I'll be in to pick it up later." He says he can do that, and asks for my name. I don't know where it came from but I said, "Levinson. Mark Levinson! My friends call me Beefy though cuz I'm kind of a big guy, know what I'm sayin'? Thanks a lot pal. You the store manager? No? Well, I'll call again some time and tell him I appreciate this good customer service. What's your name? Thanks again!"

There you have it. Until now, only myself and a handful of coworkers knew the story behind the name. And no, I'm not a beefy guy but a tall, thin, blond haired blue eyed German-Norwegian-English mutt :p

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
mine came from the all time leading rusher emmit smith :D
catch22=chatch #22 emmit smith
alexdc22= my first name and DC=dallas cowboys and #22= emmits jersey number :)
rather simple :)

aj1701

Noob
I think you win this thread sir. Never would have guessed anyone would have a tampon related gamer tag, let alone one that is so well hidden.