What's new

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
I'm not trying to take away from what you're saying, I know people don't like the fact that scorpion completely jails from 214. I just want to state that you can press a button while eating the last hit of 214 to cover the option of 21 fbc. I was just testing things with this yesterday but didn't try all follow up options. I'm sure if a character has a good armored launcher you can input the command for it during the string then let go of block when the 4 hits to eat it. If they do 21 fbc the armor should come out and beat any followup.

I'm not trying to downplay it, I'm just trying to help people understand their options.
I had not thought of that, valuable point to make.

First comment i've heard that wasn't just the textbook, 'level up and deal with it also x character had worse in mk9 so its okay'

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'm not trying to take away from what you're saying, I know people don't like the fact that scorpion completely jails from 214. I just want to state that you can press a button while eating the last hit of 214 to cover the option of 21 fbc. I was just testing things with this yesterday but didn't try all follow up options. I'm sure if a character has a good armored launcher you can input the command for it during the string then let go of block when the 4 hits to eat it. If they do 21 fbc the armor should come out and beat any followup.

I'm not trying to downplay it, I'm just trying to help people understand their options.
Your mistake is assuming people are actually going into training mode and spending some time testing their options, much easier to come on TYM and complain.

People are still saying Scorpion has a vortex...

People need to stop with the notion that Shinnok somehow became mid/top tier
Which leads you to type this for some reason...

Where did i say he was top tier? Quote me. I said he is better now than he was before.

Shinnok is a lot better now.
Shinnok and Kenshi soared up the tier list.
Putting Shinnok and Kenshi in the same vein?
Yeah, Shinnok is so good now hes soaring with the eagles.
So high in fact hes still bottom 5--Look at PPJ's tier list.

We don't need Shinnok to have all the tools of the top 5 characters.(Although it would be nice)
All we need is for him to fit with the rest of the game. Because thats how you judge a characters
viability.

Does Shinnok have combo damage comparable to the other 20 something characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have safe 50/50s OR solid blockstring pressure like the 20 something other characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have to spend meter constantly to keep himself safe like the other 20 something characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have less combo strings than the other 20 something characters in MKX?

These are the makings of not a mid or high tier, but a BAD/low tier character.
So stop saying hes anything different based on a "45% blockstring with 3 bars of meter so he must be automatically good"
No character in this game is viable because of a blockstring where you have to expend meter.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Your mistake is assuming people are actually going into training mode and spending some time testing their options, much easier to come on TYM and complain.

People are still saying Scorpion has a vortex...
Well I just want to put out the info regardless of if somebody is willing to explore or not. At least I can say the info is readily available for anybody that needs it. I think there's plenty of reasonable people here that can take in info and use it to their advantage.

I agree also that scorpion does not have a vortex.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Which leads you to type this for some reason...

Putting Shinnok and Kenshi in the same vein?
Yeah, Shinnok is so good now hes soaring with the eagles.
So high in fact hes still bottom 5--Look at PPJ's tier list.

We don't need Shinnok to have all the tools of the top 5 characters.(Although it would be nice)
All we need is for him to fit with the rest of the game. Because thats how you judge a characters
viability.

Does Shinnok have combo damage comparable to the other 20 something characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have safe 50/50s OR solid blockstring pressure like the 20 something characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have to spend meter constantly to keep himself safe like the other 20 something characters in MKX?
Does Shinnok have less combo strings than the other 20 something characters in MKX?

These are the makings of not a mid or high tier, but a BAD/low tier character.
So stop saying hes anything different based on a "45% blockstring with 3 bars of meter so he must be automatically good"
No character in this game is viable because of a blockstring where you have to expend meter.

All right. Fair enough.

You guys are killing me with the Scorpion nerfs BS. Taking out his FBC is like taking out an entire variation. Then you would have to do the same to every single character in the game by that logic INCLUDING mid tier liu kang. I don't want to hear "but liu is rushdown" yeah well this entire game is rushdown. It's literally the meta. Rushdown, attempt a 50/50 or something that eventually leads to a 50/50.

I'll start caring when Scorpion starts winning majors.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Because while stamina is finite, the stamina bar recharges automatically and allows the Scorpion player to perform several 2,1,4 xx FBC loops in a round. Again I ask, was Liu Kang's EX bicycle kick not normalized severely based on the fact that f+1 could neither be backdashed nor interrupted afterwards?

This Scorpion downplaying in this thread has reached absurd proportions. I know you fools are happy that Scorpion is finally a top tier character, but you may stop downplaying a pseudo block infinite combo.

If 2,1,4 xx FBC is overrated, why do you fools not use the Inferno variation?
If there are only so many 214 FBC blockstrings you can perform, that by definition makes it finite. If it's finite then it's not infinite.

Is correcting people considered downplaying now? If I was to say Kano's knives are a block infinite from fullscreen and you tell me they aren't, are you downplaying?

214 FBC isn't the only thing Hellfire offers. Flame Aura is a reasonably safe meterless launcher that is a great tool in the neutral & greatly increases overall combo damage, he has hella plus frames from other FBCs, Hellfire itself is a great conditioning tool and Fireball can be used as a bait tool in the neutral.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Cage is a rushdown character! And he doesn't have a flame chip aura. Also his meterless damage is about 25%, scorpion has faster pokes and the best air control in the game. Its way harder for JC to get in
Yeah, and as a result, Cage's "rushdown" game is far less stamina dependant. And also is viable in any variation. Scorpion doesn't have that in Ninjutsu and Inferno. And it's also worth noting that Scorpion's pokes are significantly more negative on block. Cassie can punish Scorpion's D1 with relative ease even if the player misses the reversal window.

I'm pretty sure Scorpion players rate flame aura for how it can dictate the pace of footsies upon activation than the unblockable chip. If you do decide to take the hit on his pressure unscouted, that's at least another 5 seconds of not being able to use it.

Cage has a safe armored shadow kick to get in with, this isn't MK9 anymore. And for the record also has an armored nutpunch with several other incarnations of it that makes you unsure of punishing accordingly. Scorpion's only standing armored move is a low that's super negative on block, whiff, and even still negative on HIT. Not a big deal to me, but anybody who wants Scorpion's conversion tools toned down without suggesting a better armored option than this can 1,000,000% shove it.

I'm not saying you're wrong about these things, but you seem to have a hard time understanding correlations behind their properties.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah, and as a result, Cage's "rushdown" game is far less stamina dependant. And also is viable in any variation. Scorpion doesn't have that in Ninjutsu and Inferno. And it's also worth noting that Scorpion's pokes are significantly more negative on block. Cassie can punish Scorpion's D1 with relative ease even if the player misses the reversal window.

I'm pretty sure Scorpion players rate flame aura for how it can dictate the pace of footsies upon activation than the unblockable chip. If you do decide to take the hit on his pressure unscouted, that's at least another 5 seconds of not being able to use it.

Cage has a safe armored shadow kick to get in with, this isn't MK9 anymore. And for the record also has an armored nutpunch with several other incarnations of it that makes you unsure of punishing accordingly. Scorpion's only standing armored move is a low that's super negative on block, whiff, and even still negative on HIT. Not a big deal to me, but anybody who wants Scorpion's conversion tools toned down without suggesting a better armored option than this can 1,000,000% shove it.

I'm not saying you're wrong about these things, but you seem to have a hard time understanding correlations behind their properties.
His shadow kick launches fullscreen on hit and can be low unblocked for full punish. Cage is also very meter dependent for any kind of damage outside the corner.

The nutpunch isn't armoured if you want to stagger it and make the punish difficult.

Almost the entire cast armoured option can be blown up with ease.

They don't have stupid meterless damage into stupid chip, and again the best air control in the game.

His pokes are negative because they have decent range, and are fast, its a tradeoff.

His FBC is stupid, if that goes im more than happy for him to get a different buff in return but its just braindead nonsense.

Also cage is more stamina dependent, he has to use run a lot more to get in on somebody since his JIP is near useless and he can't convert off his j3. Whereas scorpion can get in with his j3 making it too scary to AA his JIP.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I think this community is confused where they somehow don't see that this game is full of dirt and there's no "honest" character in it (Goro and Kitana atm but they'll get some BS soon enough if Kenshi and Tempest Lao are any indication).
Like you have you people that main Scorpion, Quan, D'vorah, Cassie and Ermac arguing about what nerfs and buffs these characters should get and how their main is fine when all these characters are full of shit.

NRS' approach reminds me of MvC3 tbh where they're not trying to make everyone fair but instead they're trying to give everyone some form of BS so they can still compete with the rest of the craziness in the game..

It took me a few weeks to let the salt truly get soaked in but I've already settled with all the stuff in the game aside from these 3 points;
The crazy amount of active frames on jump-ins
The unplayable netcode
the Options selects that are skewing the risk/reward in unintended directions

if these 3 points are fixed I'll be perfectly content with the game.

Wigy

There it is...
Johnny cage is a lot better than people make him out to be. I've been saying this about fisticuffs pre djt.
Fisticuffs is excellent versus characters with slow moves and bad wakeups, any character with a 6f move and decent armour can handle it.

Hes good though.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm on pc.. And I voted that I agree.

Now, I've been in an apparently rare and very lucky group when it comes to the pc version . I haven't had many issues with the game since day one. I had faction connectivity issues and I STILL have a big where after I close the game it stays open in task manager and I have to control alt delete to actually close it.. But aside from that, by and large, the game has run smoothly for me.

My online experience was shit initially but after the last round of patching it has gotten a LOT better.

My opinions on who needs what buff or nerf aside, I feel like they've been delivering a steady, reasonable, series of patches.

I get the feeling nrs knows what they want mkx to be and where they want the game to go, there will be some stumbles along the way, but I'm optimistic.

My one hope, and primary concern, is that alongside dlc and new characters, nrs really digs in to character variations and works to make as many of them as possible as viable and interesting as possible.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
His shadow kick launches fullscreen on hit and can be low unblocked for full punish. Cage is also very meter dependent for any kind of damage outside the corner.

The nutpunch isn't armoured if you want to stagger it and make the punish difficult.

Almost the entire cast armoured option can be blown up with ease.

They don't have stupid meterless damage into stupid chip, and again the best air control in the game.

His pokes are negative because they have decent range, and are fast, its a tradeoff.

His FBC is stupid, if that goes im more than happy for him to get a different buff in return but its just braindead nonsense.

Also cage is more stamina dependent, he has to use run a lot more to get in on somebody since his JIP is near useless and he can't convert off his j3. Whereas scorpion can get in with his j3 making it too scary to AA his JIP.
(would've replied earlier but I kept having Java issues)

First of all, the "it hits high", you can just duck it" talking point. I'm yet to find someone who didn't end up moving the goalposts for something else that can be ducked so I advise steering clear of that. If you're armoring through a projectile on reaction the hitstun gives you more than enough time to run up and close the space even if they tech roll. When I say Cage is less stamina dependant, I mean because you're able to link from some of his cancels without running.

Best air control in the game? Pretty sure Scorpion is a Shirai Ryu ninja, not a Shaolin Monk. His options are pretty strong but are also dependent on you being in the air, and are certainly more susceptible to trip-guarding than Kung Jin's. And for the record I would actually take Cage's JI2 over Scorp's current JIPs. Everyone's jump normals are better at some things than others, it doesn't just come down to which button you prefer to press anymore.

Scorp's D4 has more range than Cage's I'm pretty sure of that, but D1 and D3? Nope.

This is starting to sound like Smoke syndrome all over again where people were more worried about the potential consequences of his normals than how good his normals actually were.

Again, you can't directly nerf a FBC without it effecting something else, or hurting other character's run cancels or even running altogether. NRS's philosophy has always been to make changes if something isn't being used how they envisioned it. I think it's safe to say to say that if after two major patches that nobody's run cancels have been touched at all, then none of them fit that criteria and are fully intended, it's entirely possible that other things could be nerfed, and I think they will be, but whatever sentimental grudges, rather than actual systematic problems you have against Scorpion's tools, it's time to put them to bed. I don't remember the last time M2Dave was right about anything concerning discussion of meta and run cancels are here to stay.

Wigy

There it is...

First of all, the "it hits high", you can just duck it" talking point. I'm yet to find someone who didn't end up moving the goalposts for something else that can be ducked so I advise steering clear of that. If you're armoring through a projectile on reaction the hitstun gives you more than enough time to run up and close the space even if they tech roll. When I say Cage is less stamina dependant, I mean because you're able to link from some of his cancels without running.

Best air control in the game? Pretty sure Scorpion is a Shirai Ryu ninja, not a Shaolin Monk. His options are pretty strong but are also dependent on you being in the air, and are certainly more susceptible to trip-guarding than Kung Jin's. And for the record I would actually take Cage's JI2 over Scorp's current JIPs. Everyone's jump normals are better at some things than others, it doesn't just come down to which button you prefer to press anymore.

Scorp's D4 has more range than Cage's I'm pretty sure of that, but D1 and D3? Nope.

This is starting to sound like Smoke syndrome all over again where people were more worried about the potential consequences of his normals than how good his normals actually were.

Again, you can't directly nerf a FBC without it effecting something else, or hurting other character's run cancels or even running altogether. NRS's philosophy has always been to make changes if something isn't being used how they envisioned it. I think it's safe to say to say that if after two major patches that nobody's run cancels have been touched at all, then none of them fit that criteria and are fully intended, it's entirely possible that other things could be nerfed, and I think they will be, but whatever sentimental grudges, rather than actual systematic problems you have against Scorpion's tools, it's time to put them to bed. I don't remember the last time M2Dave was right about anything concerning discussion of meta and run cancels are here to stay.
My shadow kick gets baited and punished more than enough for me to consider it.

Jc has an 8f d1 and his d3 is 11 frames

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

lets talk about that gdlk dvorah cosplay