What's new

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You're playing the game wrong.

Try jumping or even cross jumping YOMI DJT. I dare you. I DOUBLE dare you.
If every character had a seven frame armored spin, life would be much easier.

For some characters, jumping recklessly is worth the risk. If they get hit, they eat a measly uppercut for 14% of damage. If they jump in, they get a 50/50 mix up or pressure.

this game rewards retarded gameplay and random uppercuts. Huge step back from mk9, But ppl will justify it by saying "you are not playing right". Can't win Dave. not worth trying.

Last edited:
I just hope Injustice 2 comes out and they buff zoning to where not half the damn cast have teleports....even jason in mkx i was like wtf JASON has a teleport?!! LAME. playing mkx makes me mad sometimes because i can't zone like i did in injustice. i just like the injustice fighting engine better in MY opinion for that reason and i like the back 3's and forward 3's....i miss playing zod and deathstroke

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I just hope Injustice 2 comes out and they buff zoning to where not half the damn cast have teleports....even jason in mkx i was like wtf JASON has a teleport?!! LAME. playing mkx makes me mad sometimes because i can't zone like i did in injustice. i just like the injustice fighting engine better in MY opinion for that reason and i like the back 3's and forward 3's....i miss playing zod and deathstroke
Abundant teleports are a problem for zoning characters, but they are not the main problem because almost all of them are severely punishable on block. The main problem is poor defensive options. The backdash is a poor man's version of Injustice's backdash while the block breaker is one of the most worthless gameplay mechanics ever implemented into a fighting game.

Cybernetic Kano would, for example, be a very solid character in Mortal Kombat 9's engine. He has solid zoning, footsies, and two armor EX special moves. In fact, Mortal Kombat X Kano is one hundred times better than Mortal Kombat 9 Kano. In Mortal Kombat X, however, Kano is most definitely no better than a mid tier character. Offensive options are so out of control while defensive options are so mediocre that zoning and footsies are greatly diminished. Unless you are able to force constant 50/50 mix ups or incessant pressure onto your opponent, your character can never and will never be top tier in this game.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Jason's teleport fits the character perfectly

Even when he's not behind you he's behind you

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
In Mortal Kombat X, however, Kano is most definitely no better than a mid tier character. Offensive options are so out of control while defensive options are so mediocre that zoning and footsies are greatly diminished. Unless you are able to force constant 50/50 mix ups or incessant pressure onto your opponent, your character can never and will never be top tier in this game.
I think the main problem here is that you want mid tier characters (which are very good characters) to take the places of the original best. You're only thinking about your interests. I think what's best for everyone is that those who want a top tier actually pick it from the original roster, not pick whatever they like and then ask the designers to make that character the best just because they like it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Cybernetic Kano would, for example, be a very solid character in Mortal Kombat 9's engine. He has solid zoning, footsies, and two armor EX special moves. In fact, Mortal Kombat X Kano is one hundred times better than Mortal Kombat 9 Kano. In Mortal Kombat X, however, Kano is most definitely no better than a mid tier character. Offensive options are so out of control while defensive options are so mediocre that zoning and footsies are greatly diminished. Unless you are able to force constant 50/50 mix ups or incessant pressure onto your opponent, your character can never and will never be top tier in this game.
exactly.

You need to know when to backdash instead of mashing back back whenever you see a move has finished. Dave we all know how you want to play fighting games and I am sorry if that is too hard for you to do.

I would like it if they would increase the hit box for Liu Kang nuetral jump punch just by a little so i wont drop his combos as often.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You need to know when to backdash instead of mashing back back whenever you see a move has finished. Dave we all know how you want to play fighting games and I am sorry if that is too hard for you to do.
that's not really nice to say, and as for as mutch as I don't like Dave as a player, I think that he does have a point.

that's not really nice to say, and as for as mutch as I don't like Dave as a player, I think that he does have a point.
Thsi guy is trying to get all characters nerfed for the game to turn into something he wants it to be. Calling 10% blockstrings blockinfinites and spreading all sorts of misinformation. I know he is being playful about it and is exaggerating, but people will take it seriously eventually and he won't stop.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Thsi guy is trying to get all characters nerfed for the game to turn into something he wants it to be. Calling 10% blockstrings blockinfinites and spreading all sorts of misinformation. I know he is being playful about it and is exaggerating, but people will take it seriously eventually and he won't stop.
On the flip side he has made a couple threads saying characters shouldnt be nerfed, he just wants rushdown characters nerfed instead of zoning/footsies characters.

Also everyone on this site knows Dave's shtick, especially NRS Devs. They arent going to take one of his troll posts and make changes based off it.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Yes, Patches are good for games. Having your main nerfed isnt fun but no nerfs in mk x have been crazy. NO ONE will argue that vanilla Mk9 or Igau is better than the final.

That being said i hope AA's get buffed... it's really tough to zone/play footsies in this game

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
On the flip side he has made a couple threads saying characters shouldnt be nerfed, he just wants rushdown characters nerfed instead of zoning/footsies characters.

Also everyone on this site knows Dave's shtick, especially NRS Devs. They arent going to take one of his troll posts and make changes based off it.
That is no "flip side". He wants rushdown characters nerfed and zoners buffed, because he plays zoners. Every character has footsies, so don't try to sell that old bullshit.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE

and that is a good thing. otherwise this game would turn into "projectile wars"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That is no "flip side". He wants rushdown characters nerfed and zoners buffed, because he plays zoners. Every character has footsies, so don't try to sell that old bullshit.
You said he wants all characters nerfed. He doesn't, just rushdown characters.

Also I've said a thousand times footsies are always present in fighting games. A character can have footsies and not be a footsies character. Don't be stupid.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
It's so funny to see people trying to blow up Dave while making completely idiotic statements. Backdash vs a character with decent forward advancing normals and see what happens.

Buff flame fist liu kang.

-Mb parry should lead to combo and have armor on startup but more recovery on whiff
-Low fireball should have a mb version and make it -7 on block
-make mb high fireball a true mid

Dragons fire
-mb dragon kick into bicycle kick should be +4, OR make it a true mid

Universal
-b2 needs to do 10% on hit
-22 needs to pop up but be alot more negative on block (shades of raiden) but keep it as a mid starter
-d1 should be a start up of 8
-b4 should be -8 on block
-f21 needs to be neutral
-f213 should be -10 block

Im sure there is more but I'll be ok with these listed.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Buff flame fist liu kang.

-Mb parry should lead to combo and have armor on startup but more recovery on whiff
-Low fireball should have a mb version and make it -7 on block
-make mb high fireball a true mid

Dragons fire
-mb dragon kick into bicycle kick should be +4, OR make it a true mid

Universal
-b2 needs to do 10% on hit
-22 needs to pop up but be alot more negative on block (shades of raiden) but keep it as a mid starter
-d1 should be a start up of 8
-b4 should be -8 on block
-f21 needs to be neutral
-f213 should be -10 block

Im sure there is more but I'll be ok with these listed.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
If every character had a seven frame armored spin, life would be much easier.

For some characters, jumping recklessly is worth the risk. If they get hit, they eat a measly uppercut for 14% of damage. If they jump in, they get a 50/50 mix up or pressure.
I was not talking about armored spin at all. At all.

Try jumping over his Sub-Zero for instance. But yeah, sometimes it worth the risk I guess.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
You said he wants all characters nerfed. He doesn't, just rushdown characters.

Also I've said a thousand times footsies are always present in fighting games. A character can have footsies and not be a footsies character. Don't be stupid.
I didn't say he wanted all characters nerfed, so read again.