What's new

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

• Total voters

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Okay someone's gotta regulate the misinformation being spread about Scorpion. Firstly, can people stop saying he has "block infinite combos (whatever that even means)". Stamina is finite so how can his blockstring be a block infinite?
No character should get 44% meterless. End of discussion.
That's good because Scorpion can't do that anyway.
What better pressure options are there than like 10 hits guaranteed with 50/50 mixups at the end of a 32% meterless combo
Firstly, difficulty has nothing to do with tier placement. Secondly, Scorpion's 50/50 is the same as Liu's - the overhead knocks down while the low combos. If you can't react to F4, I don't know what to tell you. He also doesn't get 42% guaranteed no meter. There are ways out of the blockstring so it's not guaranteed is it? You're not guaranteed get 10% chip and then a mixup, you have the possibility of 10% chip, or a mixup. Wait, isn't MK9 your favourite fighting game? How the hell are gonna complain about Scorpion's 10% chip when your favourite fighting game has the likes of Cage, Skarlet and Kabal?
21 fireball cancel its a gimmick, its 0 frames on block
21 FBC is +7 on block, and he does have other blockstrings (that albeit aren't as good as 214 as they do less chip and build less meter).

These countless safe 50/50s that launch for +35% with hella corner carry are fine, but a blockstring on a character that doesn't have launching 50/50s? Nerf, ban, impeach, remove.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Playing the game for what it is will help gain a much better understanding of the game we're playimg. A year ftom now a lot of these suggestions made could be remembered as being bad ideas.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I find hilarious people are complaining about Scorpion Blockstring, Skarlet was 10 times worse.
She could do 5 reps with 3 bars each rep dealing 10% making a total of 53% into a safe slide or overhead downslash that leaded to more 32% damage into more 10% blockstrings, taking the last hit was a guess in skarlet favor, either she could miss the ex dc and just otg you with iadd to negate your wakeup and then blockstring your ass again.

Or she woud cancel the last hit with red dash where in case you dropped the last hit she would start a big combo into restand into guaranteed chip again.

If you didn't let go block you would still had to guess either is a block string afraid of poking out because super armor, or Downslash in case you wanted to avoid the blockstring, gud luk trying to react to her 18 frame overhead haha. And we dealt with here which IMO had a more dangerous game than hellfire Scorpion, she technically didn't need to open characters up at the highest levels, they would open themselves up for her.

Hellfire scorpion is fine, he is just like the generic version of Skarlet's blockstrings with none of her guds.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
just to clear up things and why i listed all these:
Scorpion:
-scorpions 214 fireball cancels are overpowered, the only way to escape the pressure is to take the hit of the 4 and get knocked fullscreen (which kills you, if you are in chip range) or to use push breaker (which uses up 2 bars of stamina and causes you to lose most of your mobility), if the scorpion player makes a correct read, seeing that you take the 4, he can just cancel after 21 and full combo punish you for letting go of block
Liu Kang can do this exact same thing with THREE different strings. Are we nerfing him too?

Scoot Magee

So how many different characters have been bitched about so far? It's so crazy that people jump to change something they don't yet fully understand. Wouldn't it be logical for people to actually have a full understanding of something before making big changes?

NHDR

Noob
I'm mostly happy because of what they did with Kenshi. He can now be played how he's supposed to be without being OP. Quan Chi is still a better zoner than him, for example. What I'd like to see is that every character have one solid variation that can be considered viable. It'd be too much to balance three variations per character and I think some of the variations should be weaker on purpose. Fighting games would be boring to me if every matchup was 5-5.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
See, I wasn't getting hit by those. He was locking me down with the phase shift cancels during his combos and opening me up. I felt like I could never press buttons. >_<
Just back dash or jump out bruh. He does no damage even if he does catch you, and jumping out fucks pretty much all his hit confirms.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
People need to stop with the notion that Shinnok somehow became mid/top tier because obviously they don't play the fucking character to find out his real flaws. For one, he is super meter dependant...without it he's very unsafe and even if he somehow scores a hit, it's barely doing any damage.

I repeat. HE HAS NO METERLESS SAFETY.

Shoulder? UNSAFE.
Sparks? UNSAFE
Amulet? Unsafe up close and doesn't have the range that it seems to be. Plus, it's a high.
Mimicry? UNSAFE.

So he basically has no safe specials to build meter on block. THE ONLY WAY HE CAN BUILD METER IS TO SPEND IT. When other players start realizing this weakness, he is once again going to fall off the map as no one wants to deal with the humongous drawback playing this character.
Where did i say he was top tier? Quote me. I said he is better now than he was before.

Jeez. Way to chew my head off for saying your character getting buffs made him better. How on earth could have i come to that conclusion?

Wow. Man, it sure does sound horrible to play a character that can do 45% chip with meter expenditure. That same meter expenditure leaves him + enough on block to go for a 50/50. So you have to spend meter to build meter. Big deal. You're still building bar with blocked hits during your chip damage sequence.

You're acting like Shinnok will never build meter in the course of a match. Never mind you have a good advancing string and the up fireballs which people have to think about when approaching you. Or instant air teleports, which i saw that GGA Max discovered how to make more consistent. Or that 50/50 you all now have. "But Rude, it's unsafe. I might get punished on a wrong guess!" So? "But Rude, Quan Chi's 50/50 in Summoner is safe! I want to be able to have re-stand combos, and i want to have the ability to do huge chip, and i want a looping 50/50 depending on whose abilities i steal in Imposter and i want to be 100% safe doing all of this!"

Tough. We can agree you're not playing the best character in the game or a top 5 character. Doesn't make him useless. If your moves have weaknesses it means you need to use them intelligently and not just throw them out without thinking.

"But such and such top 5 character doesn't have weaknesses!"

So? We've already established that you're not playing a top 5 character. Get over it and work with the tools you have.

Or drop the character. But you can't have everything.

Where did i say he was top tier? Quote me. I said he is better now than he was before.

Jeez. Way to chew my head off for saying your character getting buffs made him better. How on earth could have i come to that conclusion?

Wow. Man, it sure does sound horrible to play a character that can do 45% chip with meter expenditure. That same meter expenditure leaves him + enough on block to go for a 50/50. So you have to spend meter to build meter. Big deal. You're still building bar with blocked hits during your chip damage sequence.

You're acting like Shinnok will never build meter in the course of a match. Never mind you have a good advancing string and the up fireballs which people have to think about when approaching you. Or instant air teleports, which i saw that GGA Max discovered how to make more consistent. Or that 50/50 you all now have. "But Rude, it's unsafe. I might get punished on a wrong guess!" So? "But Rude, Quan Chi's 50/50 in Summoner is safe! I want to be able to have re-stand combos, and i want to have the ability to do huge chip, and i want a looping 50/50 depending on whose abilities i steal in Imposter and i want to be 100% safe doing all of this!"

Tough. We can agree you're not playing the best character in the game or a top 5 character. Doesn't make him useless. If your moves have weaknesses it means you need to use them intelligently and not just throw them out without thinking.

"But such and such top 5 character doesn't have weaknesses!"

So? We've already established that you're not playing a top 5 character. Get over it and work with the tools you have.

Or drop the character. But you can't have everything.
I like how you get on him about misquoting you yet you do the exact same thing. You act like he asked for a million buffs, but he didn't.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Okay someone's gotta regulate the misinformation being spread about Scorpion. Firstly, can people stop saying he has "block infinite combos (whatever that even means)". Stamina is finite so how can his blockstring be a block infinite?
Because while stamina is finite, the stamina bar recharges automatically and allows the Scorpion player to perform several 2,1,4 xx FBC loops in a round. Again I ask, was Liu Kang's EX bicycle kick not normalized severely based on the fact that f+1 could neither be backdashed nor interrupted afterwards?

This Scorpion downplaying in this thread has reached absurd proportions. I know you fools are happy that Scorpion is finally a top tier character, but you may stop downplaying a pseudo block infinite combo.

If 2,1,4 xx FBC is overrated, why do you fools not use the Inferno variation?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like how you get on him about misquoting you yet you do the exact same thing. You act like he asked for a million buffs, but he didn't.
You're right. We're both being dicks.

It started by me saying he's better than he was. This causes Infra to fly off the handle. Which is fine. I can do the same as i have 0 tolerance for other people's bs.

Now, if he had worded himself better, i would have done the same. The mocking quotes i put in there were me quashing the obvious talking points.

So rather than bitch about top tiers which seems to have been covered, who actually still needs buffs?

Edit- and I mean unquestionably ,or close to. Like pre patch kenshi/shinnok who just didn't really work as intended. Not "My character is viable not not op" stuff.

Wigy

There it is...

That's good because Scorpion can't do that anyway.

Firstly, difficulty has nothing to do with tier placement. Secondly, Scorpion's 50/50 is the same as Liu's - the overhead knocks down while the low combos. If you can't react to F4, I don't know what to tell you. He also doesn't get 42% guaranteed no meter. There are ways out of the blockstring so it's not guaranteed is it? You're not guaranteed get 10% chip and then a mixup, you have the possibility of 10% chip, or a mixup. Wait, isn't MK9 your favourite fighting game? How the hell are gonna complain about Scorpion's 10% chip when your favourite fighting game has the likes of Cage, Skarlet and Kabal?

21 FBC is +7 on block, and he does have other blockstrings (that albeit aren't as good as 214 as they do less chip and build less meter).

These countless safe 50/50s that launch for +35% with hella corner carry are fine, but a blockstring on a character that doesn't have launching 50/50s? Nerf, ban, impeach, remove.
This isnt mk9
Kabal was universally recognised as overpowered
Skarlet had to use meter
You could armour/poke out of johhnys stuff

Liu kang is rushdown i keep saying this, he SHOULD have it, and he doesn't have a restand.

32% meterless + at the very bare minimum around 6-7% if you take the final hit of 214 which is the only escape, which can be bated with 21FBC for more blockstrings.

He has complete air dominace and great footsies and is extremely difficult to zone out. Why does he need this

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
no, bc i get a knockdown when the combo ends, which i can tech roll or wakeup to
Not if he hits you with a standing bicycle kick. And speaking of which, A-list Cage is also armed to the teeth with this stuff and will keep you standing no matter what.

So yeah, by that logic, can we make Scorpion's B3 FBC +15 on block? How about F3 FBC, can that be +15 too? Can his D4 be +5 on block? Please? I'll even let Cage have a teleport since it supposedly automatically makes a character un-zoneable.

Wigy

There it is...
Not if he hits you with a standing bicycle kick. And speaking of which, A-list Cage is also armed to the teeth with this stuff and will keep you standing no matter what.

So yeah, by that logic, can we make Scorpion's B3 FBC +15 on block? How about F3 FBC, can that be +15 too? Can his D4 be +5 on block? Please? I'll even let Cage have a teleport since it supposedly automatically makes a character un-zoneable.
Cage is a rushdown character! And he doesn't have a flame chip aura. Also his meterless damage is about 25%, scorpion has faster pokes and the best air control in the game. Its way harder for JC to get in

Agilaz

It has begun
I voted unsure. I still don't understand the logic between overbuffing certain characters, nerfing Kitana, and keeping Goro free to all forms of air game.

Did Tempest KL really need to get buffed? No. No he didn't.

Scoot Magee

Because while stamina is finite, the stamina bar recharges automatically and allows the Scorpion player to perform several 2,1,4 xx FBC loops in a round. Again I ask, was Liu Kang's EX bicycle kick not normalized severely based on the fact that f+1 could neither be backdashed nor interrupted afterwards?

This Scorpion downplaying in this thread has reached absurd proportions. I know you fools are happy that Scorpion is finally a top tier character, but you may stop downplaying a pseudo block infinite combo.

If 2,1,4 xx FBC is overrated, why do you fools not use the Inferno variation?
I think I can safely say I haven't downplayed his block pressure at all. I just stated it's not guaranteed and that I think his flame aura is actually better than his fbc pressure. I would have thought people would be bitch ing about that instead of fbc but I guess people aren't that familiar with it.

I do my fair share of complaining about this game, but overall, the patches have been pretty good with their intentions.

That's it though. The intentions are there. But the actual implementations need work, as always. There have been too many unintended side effects. Such as [some] Xbone players hardly ever being able to connect to online since the tanya patch. There are more examples than just that, which actually impact the game play itself, but listing them all just so they'll be ignored again isn't something I'm interested in.

The patches haven't caught all of the issues, but they've certainly been the correct decisions overall. SZ's ice clone going away on block was a little surprising, but had they not done that, the complaints would be less about that and more about how people are able to walk through clones with no active hitbox. I posted a video somewhere of the pre-patch version where I showed sonya doing a JIP after a clone cancel and then just walking through the clone after it got blocked. Mileena could do the same thing, probably more characters. People freaked out about the fact that the same tactic would make the clone disappear, when in fact it was WORSE before because you couldn't put out another one until the unactive one disappeared. People could always JIP and ignore the clone on block regardless of the patch.

They went a little overboard with the kenshi buffs. He needed some, but not THAT many.

They've been decent, but there are obviously characters that they want to be better than others, and some that are just being ignored. Scorpion being unchanged is mind blowing.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Agree for the most part, the main thing I would like addressed now are the inconsistent hit levels on some moves.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
Wired connection with 0 packet loss. All games but NRS games work 100% fine. And "git bittir intranets"? K

Also 2 minute load time to get to the main menu and "git bittir intranets"? Lol k
i think most casuals play this game online with a wireless connection which always causes lag. there is nothing you can do when you already have wired connection with 0 packet loss. People complain about a bad netcode when in fact most of them go online wireless lol

Scoot Magee

This isnt mk9
Kabal was universally recognised as overpowered
Skarlet had to use meter
You could armour/poke out of johhnys stuff

Liu kang is rushdown i keep saying this, he SHOULD have it, and he doesn't have a restand.

32% meterless + at the very bare minimum around 6-7% if you take the final hit of 214 which is the only escape, which can be bated with 21FBC for more blockstrings.

He has complete air dominace and great footsies and is extremely difficult to zone out. Why does he need this
I'm not trying to take away from what you're saying, I know people don't like the fact that scorpion completely jails from 214. I just want to state that you can press a button while eating the last hit of 214 to cover the option of 21 fbc. I was just testing things with this yesterday but didn't try all follow up options. I'm sure if a character has a good armored launcher you can input the command for it during the string then let go of block when the 4 hits to eat it. If they do 21 fbc the armor should come out and beat any followup.

I'm not trying to downplay it, I'm just trying to help people understand their options.