What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
ratings already went from 70% to 60% in 2 days. People are buying mkx, posting negative review and then refunding the game. funny i know, but effective.
also some people suggest flagging the game in the store for FRAUD. which i did and would do again if i could.

every steam user can have 1 undebatable refund on any game he chooses from his library, at least this is what ive heard. maybe jagged refunded like this, because otherwise if game has more than 2 hours it is unrefundable, and also, mkx came out when refunds where not yet implemented, because of it, refund policy doesnt apply to it. ive applied for a refund and got denied. yesterday.
yeah it was the only game i ever refunded.; so a way around is to create a new account after refunding a game? maybe that will work for the future.. so at least you can refund 1 game each time.... just have 9 accounts with 2-3 games on each.. then u can refund one, if that will work.. like i said. i have no clue how, but i contacted them, and i got refunded.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Can't get a refund because I only payed like under $10 for this shitty port through G2A, but if you do insist on buying the next game I recommend doing this

You definitely can. I have at least 5 accounts for trading card farming whenever I get repeated shit from bundles and no friend wants the game.

Also to kill some myths, there's no such thing as a 1 unconditional refund per account. The text support adds at the end telling you this is just so people don't abuse of refunds and bother support even more. As long as you have a valid reason they'll refund it but steam support is infamous for taking a LONG time to even reply to anything.

Anyone who played less than 2 hours, had the game for less than 2 weeks and purchased it on steam can get an AUTOMATIC refund though, which is done without needing to contact support or talk to anyone.

Sami

Noob
Regarding the whole "NRS aren't WB" issue... yes they are. NRS are not some independent studio that publishes their games through WB but are instead just one of the many divisions inside WB.

In addition, NRS are very much the public face of any issues relating to Mortal Kombat including the ports, as evidenced by it being Tyler who posted here and not someone from WB's corporate side, Ed Boon replying earlier on in the year to issues with the PC version (https://twitter.com/noobde/status/588047832801742848), the NRS twitter announcing that KP2 wouldn't be on the PC (https://twitter.com/NetherRealm/status/689855220935823360), etc. I don't agree with shitting up the Twitch chat (LBSH it's going to happen anyway), but NRS are definitely the people that the complaints should be directed towards. If they then get passed on internally to the bean counters in WB corporate then so be it.

Regarding future NRS games on the PC, unless WB decide to handle all of their PC ports in house and/or NRS hire some dedicated PC developers then this event is prone to repeating itself. PC gamers are right to be wary of future WB/NRS releases in the future. Injustice and MK9 were "acceptable" as they received the final version (or close enough) of those games, but MKX on the PC was launched at the same time as the PS4/XB1 and that comes with its own set of expectations.

If WB/NRS can't find a way of funding updates on the PC going forward then personally I'd rather they repeat what happened with MK9 and Injustice and delay the release until the GOTY edition. I'd much rather play a delayed but 100% complete game and still contribute to the community than be stuck with an out-of-date version that is now pretty much useless.

Last edited:
So... should I wait it out a few months before WBG and NRS change their minds? Or should I get a PS4 now?

I'm extremely addicted to MKX and I would need the most updated version.

Yes, I went to rehab already.

Kombat kast in 1 hour it seems, this is their last chance to announce something about pc, otherwise they never seeing a dime from me again.
they have to be pretty fucking retarded not to accounce anything...and lets be honest...with the outcry from the PC community id dare say they have to be looking at it going 'hmm maybe we made a mistake'....that's the logic...but we know WB doesn't like logic

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I'd like to know why NRS was reluctant to develop PC port. Companies like CD Projekt, that have PC as their dominant platform - they were ready to develop console port of Witcher 2 (for Xbox 360) and Witcher 3 (for all current main platforms). Ubisoft can handle it as well (they cannot handle their own games sometimes though, but this is a different matter). EA can handle it. I get that NRS is rather small studio, but so is CD Projekt if not smaller, due to not having an entity like WB behind their backs... On the other hand, maybe that's better.
I can't blame NRS for what HVS did to PC port. But I can express my disappointment that they pushed PC port to 3rd party developer instead of accepting the challenge. LoL I remember playing MK4 on PC before they went all console, so it is not as if they never did it (I know much could change since that time. Feelin' ol' now, dauyu!). Also there is this impression that they treat part of MK fan base as if we never existed.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Wow they really banned RVB for this shit

I remember certain members bashing Islam and its followers after the paris attacks, claiming that is a terrorist religion - these members are still very active on TYM.

I guess being salt is considered worse than religious discrimination.

Bruh....

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
I'd like to know why NRS was reluctant to develop PC port. Companies like CD Projekt, that have PC as their dominant platform - they were ready to develop console port of Witcher 2 (for Xbox 360) and Witcher 3 (for all current main platforms). Ubisoft can handle it as well (they cannot handle their own games sometimes though, but this is a different matter). EA can handle it. I get that NRS is rather small studio, but so is CD Projekt if not smaller, due to not having an entity like WB behind their backs... On the other hand, maybe that's better.
I can't blame NRS for what HVS did to PC port. But I can express my disappointment that they pushed PC port to 3rd party developer instead of accepting the challenge. LoL I remember playing MK4 on PC before they went all console, so it is not as if they never did it (I know much could change since that time. Feelin' ol' now, dauyu!). Also there is this impression that they treat part of MK fan base as if we never existed.
They have never done a PC port. MK4 was ported to the PC by Eurocom. NRS made the Arcade version. CD Project started on the PC platform so they would be more comfortable there. It is mostly about experience. If a developer has no experience making a PC port then it will be difficult for them to make a good PC port. EA and Ubisoft have many different studios. They are just the publishers. NRS have a deadline to deliver the game so they are going to concentrate on what they are most comfortable with the most. This would be my guess.

I just want an explanation why PC players are not going to be supported any more. That would make it a little easier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.