What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the content then I believe a lawsuit would be unproductive since if you win, then Netherrealm would pay damages. This lawsuit idea is very bad and it will probably mean cutting all ties with PC.

I still believe the steps I outlined in my previous post in this thread on page 37 are more constructive. Also there is petition which can be signed. When making a comment on said petition, be mindful of the language used.
I agree, thats why I said I don't know what to think of the lawsuit idea in the first place. Like many others, my goal is actually to get this game done as it should be on pc, not to cause great harm to NRS, because I actually still believe WB is the main cause behind all of this and I definitely love MK franchise. It's clear that otherwise I wouldn't even try doing all that.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Man, I even crafted both the LV5 AND Foil MKX badge on Steam. Something I rarely do unless I really REALLY love the game and series.
Sorry for like, being completely random now, but DUDE! How dared you not stop at Lvl3 badge! 'tis a Lin Kuei, the one and only badge worth keeping ;)
On a more serious note (but only a bit more serious): it sucks you can't chose between earned badges. For that reason, I can't proceed with my MK badge crafting. I must consta flash my the one and only badge worth keeping! <insert sadface here>

Edit: to be on topic a bit, I've taken a liberty and also submitted the ticket to WB. I was polite like it wasn't me. I swear. I even think now that I have split personality disorder.

Sorry for like, being completely random now, but DUDE! How dared you not stop at Lvl3 badge! 'tis a Lin Kuei, the one and only badge worth keeping ;)
On a more serious note (but only a bit more serious): it sucks you can't chose between earned badges. For that reason, I can't proceed with my MK badge crafting. I must consta flash my the one and only badge worth keeping! <insert sadface here>

Edit: to be on topic a bit, I've taken a liberty and also submitted the ticket to WB. I was polite like it wasn't me. I swear. I even think now that I have split personality disorder.
Yeah, it sucks that you can't pick a particular badge, and the MKX backgrounds and emoticons are damn boring to boot. Also the White Lotus is the foil badge, ew :( , they fucked up so bad with the Steam Trading Card support.

Also I just noticed that I crafted the LV 5 Injustice badge, and that particular badge pretty much tells you the destiny of the MKX PC version: http://i.imgur.com/Nsh2rux.png

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
then get a refund on your pc version. i did.
If you're saying you got a refund through Steam then it's very likely you're full of shit. This entire thread and countless other threads on other sites have been full of people getting denied refunds. It's especially likely you're full of shit if you had over 100 hours on it like you said.

Last edited:

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
I agree, thats why I said I don't know what to think of the lawsuit idea in the first place. Like many others, my goal is actually to get this game done as it should be on pc, not to cause great harm to NRS, because I actually still believe WB is the main cause behind all of this and I definitely love MK franchise. It's clear that otherwise I wouldn't even try doing all that.
I read on another forum that there is no PC version because nobody is working on it. Netherrealm Studios only works on the console version. Presuming this is true then they can give the code to another studio to port over or maybe Netherrealm can do it themselves after they have released the console version? The PC version is not completely dead. We just need to be vocal and keep going through the right channels.

Embroiling in a lawsuit is not the right thing to do in my opinion. WB is a very large media company with billion dollar profit, so the chances of even winning would be slight. I think it is not the right thing to do as they would probably not support PC again.

It came from NRS itself, there are no plans to support the PC version at all. They would be the first to know if a PC version was in progress. NRS is simply not ready to work on a PC version, and pushing the update months after the console version is done is just not acceptable.

The PC version is absolutely dead at this point. They made sure of that.

nwo

Noob
I guess this is what happens when a game is designed for consoles, that's not how MK started out. You design a game around superior hardware, then port it out.

I guess this is what happens when a game is designed for consoles, that's not how MK started out. You design a game around superior hardware, then port it out.
Not really, it's actually the opposite. You first make sure it runs fine on the lowest common denominator (The consoles) and later add stuff to it. The problem is they coded the game in a way that it's a nightmare to add the PC exclusive stuff later on due to lack of foresight + hiring stupid people to start with the porting.

To the people who think WB is taking the correct decision by not giving the PC all these updates and thinking it's the most positive decision in terms of profit just remember this: Companies not always take the correct choice, even when they think they do. The very first proof of that is WB hiring Iron Galaxy and HVS for their PC ports. Do you really think they're in a point where they can take a correct financial decision when they're not even able to develop their own games properly? Or even at least hire the correct people for that? (QLOC is a VERY known team with excellent PC ports):

trufenix

bye felicia
I read on another forum that there is no PC version because nobody is working on it. Netherrealm Studios only works on the console version. Presuming this is true then they can give the code to another studio to port over or maybe Netherrealm can do it themselves after they have released the console version? The PC version is not completely dead. We just need to be vocal and keep going through the right channels.
That's the issue right there, what other studio? Who is doing the porting, who is doing the supporting?

WB hasn't announced a 2016 game yet (save i think avengers, which comes out in a week) so it's likely all hands are already on deck.

a. Please contact everyone who gave this game a positive score. We need to tank the ratings on this game. This will ensures future uninformed customers will not buy the game here and repeat our mistakes.
ratings already went from 70% to 60% in 2 days. People are buying mkx, posting negative review and then refunding the game. funny i know, but effective.
also some people suggest flagging the game in the store for FRAUD. which i did and would do again if i could.
If you're saying you got a refund through Steam then it's very likely you're full of shit. This entire thread and countless other threads on other sites have been full of people getting denied refunds. It's especially likely you're full of shit if you had over 100 hours on it like you said.
every steam user can have 1 undebatable refund on any game he chooses from his library, at least this is what ive heard. maybe jagged refunded like this, because otherwise if game has more than 2 hours it is unrefundable, and also, mkx came out when refunds where not yet implemented, because of it, refund policy doesnt apply to it. ive applied for a refund and got denied. yesterday.

At this point all I care about is a refund. For myself in particular. But also for anyone else who bought this on PC.

I didn't even know the full extent of the shenanigans before this. I knew that it didn't work and then it did. So I grabbed it. Now I get a fart in the wind when I'm looking forward to the support everyone else is getting for the same dosh.

Nah, fuck hanging around praying for a blow job after getting assfucked dry. I'll take the money and invest in SF5 and KI instead.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
That's the issue right there, what other studio? Who is doing the porting, who is doing the supporting?

WB hasn't announced a 2016 game yet (save i think avengers, which comes out in a week) so it's likely all hands are already on deck.
I do not believe the situation hopeless and will extinguish all available options until there are none left. They can outsource to QLOC if necessary. QLOC is a studio with a good record for PC porting. Just because they have said that the Kombat Pack 2 is not going to be available for PC now does not mean it will not change.

nwo

Noob
Not really, it's actually the opposite. You first make sure it runs fine on the lowest common denominator (The consoles) and later add stuff to it. The problem is they coded the game in a way that it's a nightmare to add the PC exclusive stuff later on due to lack of foresight + hiring stupid people to start with the porting.
But then the lowest common denominator dictates everything else.

Aramonde

Noob
What i dont get is what is it so hard for NRS to do a PC port? I keep hearing PS4 & XB1 are basically PC's so whats tbe problem?

*whispers* Also off topic, what is this crafting badges stuff? Sounds neat

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
What i dont get is what is it so hard for NRS to do a PC port? I keep hearing PS4 & XB1 are basically PC's so whats tbe problem?

*whispers* Also off topic, what is this crafting badges stuff? Sounds neat
The PC has features that consoles do not have so those features have to accounted for. Another thing is that PC is not a standard platform. PCs have different hardware and software and optimising the game for all takes experience and know how.

Sance

Noob
Hey everyone, I'm sorry I couldn't register to these boards in happier times. :(

I really can't get over this:
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-x-brutality-bundle?utm_source=Tumblr&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle mkxbrutality

Oh, it's the Bundle Stars MKX Brutality Bundle, ripping off the PC audience one last time! What a deal for a dead game! WB is the definition of the hypothetical "corporate evil".

Honestly I'm baffled by the incompetence: first it was dropping DLC support for Injustice on the Wii U, then it's two absolutely disgraceful PC ports for two of their flagship franchises and now this. Who is making all these bad decisions? This company has some very serious management issues, this is how you lose your audience in the long run. Remember this day, console gamers and be vigilant because this can - and in my opinion will - happen to you one day in some shape or form... because it's WB, the folks you can't trust.

Dammit, WB, get your act together: MK9 sold almost a million copies on Steam while almost all Arkham titles were in the 2 million territory... and now look at this stuff, if you don't count the GPU codes even MKX practically outsold Arkham Knight. Fire some people, replace them with guys who know their jobs, do something because this is very disappointing and frustrating for your audience while everyone is laughing at you from the outside. Lose-lose.

Last edited:

AloneUA

getting over there
I don't know guys, i might be banned for this, but I think that the truth has been told in this video, so i just can't don't share it with you. I hope Warner Brothers will change the way they are treating us right now. Cause I'm not even mad, I'm just very, VERY sad about all this.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't know guys, i might be banned for this, but I think that the truth has been told in this video, so i just can't don't share it with you. I hope Warner Brothers will change the way they are treating us right now. Cause I'm not even mad, I'm just very, VERY sad about all this.
It's been already posted earlier, thou it's pretty accurate.

nwo

Noob
please stop this "consoles vs pc master race" i always hated that.
we're gamers here, we're all mk fanboys, all our systems suffer from different things, none is perfect.
I see what you're saying, but when a PC game isnt "fucked over" its like 10x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.