What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
MKXL is not coming to PC now but that can change. Plans can change. If PC players want to walk away then that is completely and fully understandable but there is options for those who want to receive the MKXL on PC.

First there is the WB customer support: http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

Fill out the form and in the description ask politely why the MKXL is not coming. Be mindful that a human will be reading the complaint so use empathic language.

Example:

I am writing this query to ask why the Kombat Pack 2 and Mortal Kombat XL will not be coming to the PC. I bought MKX for the PC under the assumption that all future content would be released for the PC as well as other platforms. I can not fathom as to why the PC platform is being excluded. This has caused me great distress. I would like to have at least a reason as why future content will not come to the PC. Thank you.

That is just an example that I made just now. Feel free to use it as a template or your own. Remember to be polite and professional as possible. Company policy will not tolerate any abuse. Use empathic language.

If replied to, Customer Support will most probably tell you they cannot do anything and to voice your dissatisfaction on the Official Forums:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/General-Discussion

There is a thread on the Forum for PC related issues. Make an account if you have to and then again explain your dissatisfaction with the decison of PC support being dropped. Ask for an explanation to why the PC is no longer going to be supported. Do not post about it in the other threads. Respect the forum rules and show proper forum etiquette. Keep the thread active if need be. WB employees moderate the forum so if they keep seeing it, they will bring it up with higher ups.

There are social media outlets that can be used to voice your concerns. Netherrealm Studios has a Twitter account and you can tweet to them asking for an explanation. Remember to be polite. They can block or ignore if you become abusive. WB Games also a Twitter account. The same instructions apply to them.

I am unfamiliar with Facebook but I am sure Netherrealm Studios and WB Games have Facebook accounts. If you have Facebook, again voice your concerns politely.

If there are other positive channels to voice your concerns and displeasure regarding the exclusion of the PC, then feel free to add. Just because they do not plan to support the PC now does not mean they can not in the future. Constructive action must be taken.

And to think that I was such a big fan of the series since it came out, I was like 4 years old and I was already playing MK1 and 2, I played MK3 with my mother and she still loves the series, I played every single game until before MK VS DC, I was so happy when MK9 was announced and how they were going for a tourney worthy game that time and when it finally arrived on PC I immediately bought that sucker so you can tell how burned I was by that port.

Fast forward to today and after me supporting the game for so long, after going through all the crappy versions, after waiting for it to patched, after the game was finally in a playable state and I can finally take the game seriously, they do this??? And we didn't even get an announcement on steam about how the game was discontinued, that's how worthless we are to them.

I know it's all about money, but just like in real life, doing shit just for the money without thinking about your customers will just bring you flak and bad reputation. Sadly, complaining here changes absolutely nothing, just like with the petition, just like with the support tickets, just like with the steam refund requests. We're done, MK is done to me after more than 20 years, NRS is done to me, probably WB too since they're done with the batman games.

If Ed Boon didn't lie about the state of the PC port before release and if they warned us beforehand that the PC version was just not going to get full support until the end of the game's lifespan then I'm pretty sure a LOT of us were either going to purchase it in a console or just not purchase it at all (My case, since I don't have a console and they're REALLY expensive here, both the console and games. And you also have to pay for online mode).

and yet truefenix doesn't get even a warning...baiting people to explode over topics they are passionate about is entrapment.
As an outsider who never came to this forum until a few days ago (Waiting for my account to be validated) and after reading more than 30 pages of this thread I can totally agree with this. He's the typical poster who just causes trouble by baiting other people and trying to get a negative reaction out of them just so he can report them and get them banned. I'm surprised no mod took action against this person so far, if at least to warn him so he can stop being a youknowwhat.

ANYWAY, to many of you, see ya in SFV and Killer Instinct, and maybe in Arc System Works games now that they're supporting the PC more and more.

And just to show how desperate sites are to get rid of their MKX steam keys, both indie gala and bundle stars are selling the game and all the DLCs (Including the krypt unlocks) at 80% off. Talk about trying to get money from a corpse.
LOL i got my email from bundle stars this morning...you know though...it could have gone the other way...still push the sale of the MKX bundle with the added tag line "Prepare to face 4 new Kombatants...get in now and get ready for the Fight!!" or some shit lol

It's also pretty sad that the PC version looks SO BEAUTIFUL while the console versions look so damn bland and bad.

It's such a tremendous waste to make such a beautiful version (Video wise, not talking about performance) to later just drop it like that. It's the graphic quality fighting games with realistic looks should strive for.

It's also pretty sad that the PC version looks SO BEAUTIFUL while the console versions look so damn bland and bad.

It's such a tremendous waste to make such a beautiful version (Video wise, not talking about performance) to later just drop it like that. It's the graphic quality fighting games with realistic looks should strive for.
PC version does look gorgeous although sweat looks dumb LOL looks like some tropical infection on all my characters lol

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The mark of a man is the way he responds in the face of adversity. RVB responded with insults and hostility to people he didn't even know.

I genuinely sympathize with the many players who were seduced and ultimately betrayed by WB, I been having a laugh at some of the more outrageous claims, but I'd never call someone a fuckboi or a blind idiot just for having a difference of opinion.

You want to call yourself a member of a community, you act like it.
Dude don't even try to use reason on this site, its nearly impossible

trufenix

bye felicia
dude i think his ass is clean enough...time to retract your tongue.

seriously...you sport a 'psn id' in your avatar info...and u sit there like you're holier than thou?
That's where you're wrong, your ass is never too clean.

What the hell does my psn id have to do with this? I got a steam name too, will you guys take me off the cross if I list it?

That's where you're wrong, your ass is never too clean.

What the hell does my psn id have to do with this? I got a steam name too, will you guys take me off the cross if I list it?
Not like you having a steam account or not even matters (Also he was talking to the other guy, not you) but you don't even have MKX on Steam, no wonder you really not give a crap about this and try to instigate even more conflict around here since the thread was created.

"Supporting" the cause does not give you the right to do the crap you've been doing here and in another thread, and whenever you show a very VERY slight support towards the affected ones, you always have a "but" following through, completely destroying the point of your "support". And this is, again, coming from an outsider who just arrived to the site.

My first impression about you is a terrible one so far. You should take your own advice and:

You want to call yourself a member of a community, you act like it.
Because your attitude is less than stellar.

Not like you having a steam account or not even matters (Also he was talking to the other guy, not you) but you don't even have MKX on Steam, no wonder you really not give a crap about this and try to instigate even more conflict around here since the thread was created.

"Supporting" the cause does not give you the right to do the crap you've been doing here and in another thread, and whenever you show a very VERY slight support towards the affected ones, you always have a "but" following through, completely destroying the point of your "support". And this is, again, coming from an outsider who just arrived to the site.

My first impression about you is a terrible one so far. You should take your own advice and:

Because your attitude is less than stellar.
lol trufenix...what a classy guy...he put 31 hours into Huniepop...a hentai game ROFL i mean...damn what does that tell you. the only other game he played to beat that time frame is Portal and well, must be about dem holes bro ROFL...the dude is a fucking fraud...he doesnt even have playtime of MK9 on his steam...what a joke. his steam profile IS proof he gives two shits about this issue...but don't worry Shar...now we know you're a little hentai loving perve.

Man, I even crafted both the LV5 AND Foil MKX badge on Steam. Something I rarely do unless I really REALLY love the game and series. The foil one probably costed me from 8 to 10 bucks. I even had this Scorpion made entirely of Steam emoticons: http://i.imgur.com/dHPbJtl.png

I removed it as soon as I heard about the news though, along with any MKX screenshot being featured on my profile. I don't even go to the gamehub anymore because I just want to get even more depressed. The worst part is I would totally buy KP2 if WB decides to port it to PC, I don't even care about their initial decision or how little they care about us, I just want my content to stay updated so I can actually play the game without feeling like I'm missing out.

Please consider my rant:

THE ONLY TIME IT WAS CONFIRMED THAT MKX-XL WAS NOT COMING TO PC WAS WHEN THEY WERE ASKED!!!! This holds very important implications:
1. This means that the developers of MKX knew at some point during development that they were not going to release this content to PC WAY AHEAD OF TIME. They made a decision to withhold this information to maximizing profits, preventing consumers from being able to make an informed decision during the Christmas season to purchase a supported copy of MKX-XL. This means they purposely failed to notify the public, in order to trick customers into buying the PC version, with the intent to force “true fans” of the series to buy additional console versions of the game. They spit in the faces of all their customers, especially the people who love the series the most. This was a greedy calculated decision by the company to maximize profits by purposely withholding vital information until the last minute. Otherwise they would have notified customers as soon as they knew it was not coming to PC.

2. Consider this: They did not stop development for the PC content; IT NEVER STARTED. This information was purposely suppressed.

3. I want to Host a class action Lawsuit against NetherRealm. Please contact me with any relevant information or interviews where the studio claimed that all released versions where equivalent. Right now I am going over all the legal information steam released. I need interviews, written information from the WB website, to read the legal information on steam. My time is very limited, but I owe to the gamer community to do something. I do not have a ligament claim until I gather enough evidence.

4. I cannot do this alone. For those on the steam community. I need your help to:

a. Please contact everyone who gave this game a positive score. We need to tank the ratings on this game. This will ensures future uninformed customers will not buy the game here and repeat our mistakes.

b. I am doing this as a Medical Student with a friend who graduated Law school recently and facing a corporation with a lot of lawyers with experience. Team work is key.

c. It is your responsibility to realize that the WB did this. Every time the WB releases a new trailer for a game; I want you to comment on this moment.

This article wasn't written by me. A person on Steam forums posted this a couple hours earlier. I must honestly say that I'm not completely sure about what to think of that article and even a possible lawsuit option. I can't say I actually hate NRS, like most of the kommunity I also believe that WB is to be held accountable more, but we gotta understand that actually NRS guys were giving all the interview and PR job, so they could now get all possible negative consequences which I honestly don't wish for them. I just had to post this so everyone here with time and will to read this WOT can at least share their opinion on the matter and all possible scenarios.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
If you want the content then I believe a lawsuit would be unproductive since if you win, then Netherrealm would pay damages. This lawsuit idea is very bad and it will probably mean cutting all ties with PC.

I still believe the steps I outlined in my previous post in this thread on page 37 are more constructive. Also there is petition which can be signed. When making a comment on said petition, be mindful of the language used.

Status
Not open for further replies.